Why are you sad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex Kenivel, May 28, 2014.

1. Bigsby

Bigsby Nerd Contributor

i usually avoid talking about how i'm feeling but i kind of just need to tell someone. anyone.
    i am sad because i feel like my once great relationship is dying after 3 years and i've tried everything.
    i am sad that i have this crippling feeling of being alone after meeting someone who made me feel the opposite.
    i am sad that all this is taking place at a time that's very rough for me. the 2 year mark of my mom passing away.
    i'll probably be embarrassed as heck reading this in the morning but i just had to get it out to someone

2. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Bigsby- Don't ever feel embarrassed. There's no need. Venting and sharing is admirable and speaks of your character. We all hurt sometimes and it's absolutely understandable to feel a heavy heart at times like this. I know that there's little that an anonymous stranger can say to help, but things will change... ebb and flow. Please take time to count your blessings. There are always things to feel thankful for and I'm sure that no matter how dire your struggles may be, that there are others around you that can relate and that can help you to get thru the tough times. I sincerely hope that you find some solace soon. Stay well, man.

pondman and Bigsby like this.
  3. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau SS.org Regular

I'm sad because I just lost my job that I really liked and I have to go back to my old one with minimum wage.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
    AxeHappy likes this.
  4. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

It sucks to be caught in a dying field. The last time I checked, “Poisonous animal masturbator” wasn’t even being offered as a major anymore. I can only imagine how much worse it’ll be in five years - For our children, it’ll be just another foreign concept.

5. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

My mum died today of cancer. I'm equal parts devastated, lost and numb.

Everyone who reads this, if you can, please give your mum a hug and tell her you love her.

6. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

I'm so deeply sorry for your loss, man.

X2... Hug your parents when you can and try to resolve petty issues with siblings. It hurts so much to lose them and it hurts even worse when they're gone and you feel as if there was more to say or that there was animosity in the air. Life really is too short to be on shitty terms with those that you love and/ or care about.

HeavyMetal4Ever likes this.
  7. HeavyMetal4Ever

Thank you for the kind words.

I urge everyone to take High Plains Drifter's advice. I got on great with my mum, but it straight up sucks that me and my family will never get to tell her how much she means to us ever again. I can only guess how much worse it would feel if we left things unsaid or had regrets about past issues.

8. watson503

watson503 Los Cochinos

My deepest condolences, man. I'm so sorry for your loss.

9. Gravy Train

Gravy Train Night Fiddler

I'm so sorry man, my condolences to you and your loved ones.

10. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I have to start studying for the Level 3 of the CFA exam again. And I just don’t want to. It’s an absolute first-world problem. But fuuuuuuuuuuuck I don’t want to ghost my entire life for another 8 months.

11. DistinguishedPapyrus

DistinguishedPapyrus SS.org Regular

Very sorry to hear this man, I know that struggle. Both my parents have been diagnosed. Dad’s situation is a little worse than moms. I try to enjoy the days as much as I can... but just dreading that phone call.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  12. HeavyMetal4Ever

I'm very sorry to hear about your parents.

I'd also like to thank everyone for the kind words.

13. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Seems like a pattern lately where I try to focus on my job - trying to improve focus, productivity, communication, the quality of my work etc., but I'm constantly left feeling like an idiot. Stuck in one of those "I don't want to get up and go to work" ruts for the last few months, on top of personal projects that aren't going anywhere, bands that aren't jamming, not having much of a social life, the cat has too much energy and keeps me from sleeping- just lots of small downers and nothing good going on to balance things out.

I'm both glad that I'll have holidays coming up soon so I can take a break, but also worried that I'll just end up stuck isolated at home for the whole break and that'll make things worse.

14. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Same here. My wife's got too many hobbies so she's away most evenings and when she's at home, she's so tired she just falls asleep on the couch while I'm putting the kids to bed. I do that every evening, by the way. Luckily her hobbies mostly end around Christmas.
    We don't have a cat but my daughter keeps me awake instead... She usually wakes up at around midnight and refuses to sleep in her own bed after that. I don't mind having her in our bed otherwise, but she sleeps very restlessly, so I often wake up with her toes up my nose or what not a bunch of times every night. My wife on the other hand, sleeps so deeply that she rarely even wakes up when our daughter cries.
    Also my car's doing all these really funny little tricks - now the engine cooling stopped working and it's basically overheating after driving a couple of kilometers. Luckily I don' need to drive anywhere, but it still sucks.
    So yeah, lots of small downers and not many happy moments in between them... I did buy a house a while ago, but we still don't get to move there until February so that doesn't really count, and in general, I'm just waiting for a bunch of things to happen. For example, once my wife's current hobbies end, the only hobby she'll be allowed to have is one that involves her, me and a bed :lol:

15. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire

Sorry to hear :(

I'm posting in this thread because of my partner who died three years ago, having one of those days today. Today can go get F*****.

16. watson503

watson503 Los Cochinos

Today is the 8th anniversary of my little brother's death, he was 14 years younger than me -only 22 when he passed - and had his whole life in front of him. It is hard to imagine how I am still here after all of the insane shit I've involved myself in...What a strange thing this life is.
    [​IMG]

17. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

3 pm, 3-4 inches of snow (which is A LOT by local standards, once every 5-10 years), and all the hillsides which have been teeming with children on sleighs when I was young... empty. All is quiet, no footprints, no voices, no people, nothing. To think that all those kids are somewhere indoors, probably looking at a screen (just as we do now), to think about the fun they're missing out on (we ran into a tree or two back in the day, and the most popular hill ended in a thorny hedge and a little stream, and so did we from time to time, but as Robb Flynn once said, "a little pain ain't never hurt nobody"). Probably most the kids are still in some kind of school or day care or whatever, the parents at work, and even if they aren't, might be kids these days aren't allowed to get dirty, let alone hurt anymore.

18. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

That seems very German.