Why are you sad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex Kenivel, May 28, 2014.

1. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Sad because people can't seem to learn that a life with heroin has only one result.

bostjan likes this.
  2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Growing up, my mom was always the disciplinarian, and my dad was the the fun parent. My dad handed me his guitar to get me interested in that, and my mom struggled to get me to stay focused in school, so that I could become a scientist some day. My dad got me into AC/DC and Led Zeppelin, while my mom pressured me to learn other styles and branch out my tastes.

Looking back, I had the perfect contrast of parents so that I could enjoy my relaxation time and also GSD. I feel like I gave them a bad deal when I finished my studies at the university and then zoomed off far away from home to be on my own.

I was just planning a trip to go back to visit them, and my mom called and told me my dad had a stroke and was in the hospital, and that it didn't look good. He had some health issues, but he had seemed to have been on an upswing.

Now my dad is gone. My mom never had to live on her own before now. And I'm literally a thousand miles away.

3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

I'm very sorry for what you're dealing with, bostjan. Virtual but sincere hugs go out to you.

AxeHappy and Ordacleaphobia like this.
  4. El Caco

El Caco Djavli te ponesli Contributor

Damn. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

AxeHappy likes this.
  5. High Plains Drifter

Rest In Peace, Wichita Lineman.

6. El Caco

El Caco Djavli te ponesli Contributor

I'm a bad parent. I've had bombshell after bombshell dropped on me in regards to my kids recently and I don't know how to help them.

I'm getting distracted by ss.org. I shouldn't be here because I don't have time this month but I left some tabs open yesterday, stupid mistake and now I have to get ready to go up to the school but I let myself sit down and read the tabs I left open. I lack self control.

7. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

I'm in the process of downsizing my instrument/gear collection, but that's not making me sad - in fact getting rid of a lot of my gear has actually had the opposite effect. What makes me sad is the discovery that one of the 4 string basses I was hoping to prepare for sale has a horrible forward neck bow and too much curve even with the truss rod maxed out and the strings removed.
    It can be fixed, and I've loosened off the truss rod and clamped the neck down to attempt to force a back bow into it (which looks horrifying in person :rofl: ), but I don't know if I can feel good about selling this bass to anyone, even if the repair goes as planned - so it may stay with me indefinitely.

8. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

I'm sad because i feel like I'm slowly losing all interest in music.

Absolutely no motivation to even think about playing, which sucks because i feel like I'm letting my bands mates down.

Hopefully i can get out of this music funk I'm in.

9. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

I'm sad because I'm supposed to be downsizing my gear, but instead I've bought 2 more Private Stock guitars and around 10 pedals. I need help lol.

AxeHappy likes this.
  10. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

tfw no gf

instead of fixing this issue, I'm drinking in bed watching Adam Sandler movies

JUST

11. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I'm sad he's not Don Vito.

12. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

Found out today that my mum has lung cancer. I'm still in shock at the moment.

13. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

I'm sad about Charlottesville.
    For a couple different reasons.

I can't believe how insane things have gotten in such a short time. Everyone needs to take a step back and just...cool off for a minute, and learn to use your words ffs, fight nice, kids. Every time I read about a protest or a march now I'm stuck sitting there waiting for the followup story about the violence that surely follows. I get the anger, I really do, but even from a purely selfish perspective, assaulting someone doesn't even help you. Hurting people hurts your cause. There are no winners. Why does this keep happening? Things are at such a fever pitch now that people are so tense to the point where after somebody drives their car through a crowd of people and kills somebody people still won't take a step back, everyone is still on edge with each other, and nobody wants to show any sign of weakness.

I'm also sad about Trump's statement and the mess surrounding that. Not so much regarding the statement itself, I didn't have any issue with what he said; but more in regard to the fact that he even had to make an announcement. It was incredibly depressing for me to see people dogpile the president, freaking out over him not instantly making the public statement they want him to make. The fact that the american public needs to president to get on national television and explicitly state to the press that "I am against this. I do not like this. I do not support people driving cars through crowds," really makes me sad.

Then you see the media turning the whole thing into political capital and just continuing to fuel the fire. I can't believe how insane our country is right now. I don't even have any idea on how this is going to ever resolve itself. This woman is dead. She turned up to the streets to try and make a difference and now she's fucking dead. Even if we want to play the mud slinging game and assume she was one of these people that showed up just to throw bricks at people...isn't it sad that things have gotten to this point? The cultural relations have deteriorated so much that people even end up in these situations? The news is always on at my work, and when I watch, it almost doesn't even seem like I'm watching the United States anymore. It's terrifying.

High Plains Drifter and TedEH like this.
  14. watson503

watson503 Los Cochinos

All positive energy and best wishes to your mother, yourself, and your family.

HeavyMetal4Ever and lewis like this.
  15. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

You know that expression along the lines of when you've broken a bone, and that bone hurts when it's going to rain? Is there a similar expression for when you're expecting a war to break out?

Wake up, look at phone, literal Nazis everywhere, go back to bed, try again tomorrow.

16. High Plains Drifter

Very sorry that you have to be a part of this. My genuine support goes out to her and to you.

HeavyMetal4Ever likes this.
  17. Kyle-Vick

Kyle-Vick SS.org Regular

I am sad because I just finished reading "A Little Sacrifice," the forth short story in the "Sword of Destiny," from The Witcher series.

18. High Plains Drifter

Man I hate pawn-shops... ugh.

Guild X79 in very good condition + mint condition Gretsch Electromatic 5655T-CB & HSC= $370.

I just cant let em go for so little.

19. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

Thank you both for your kind words and support.

To everyone who can, please go and give your mum a hug for me.

watson503 likes this.
  20. TVasquez96

TVasquez96 SS.org Regular

My brother's godfather is moving to Florida from Connecticut, so pretty much the opposite end of the country. My brother is adopted, and has had separation anxiety pretty much from the time he came into my family, and now he feels like everybody leaves him. So needless to say he's taking it pretty hard. It's fucking breaking my heart to see him like this. Also doesn't help that his godfather is my mom's best friend so she's a mess herself.