Why are you sad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex Kenivel, May 28, 2014.

1. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel K-U-N-fusion!

Just feeling totally lost in life right now...I just got a job working online promo for a record label, I should be happy, but I am not. :( I just really need some good vibes right now. :(

2. downburst82

downburst82 SS.org Regular

And today once again I have screwed my back :noplease:

I worked really hard yesterday doing baseboards for a client and my back felt totally fine, got home yesterday everything was still fine....then this morning as I was getting my daughters lunch ready for school I coughed and it went out. It hurt so bad I couldn't stand and basically fell to the ground and layed there.
    Eventually I managed to get myself standing again and dragged myself in agony through the rest of the morning routine getting the kids ready and taking them to school (They were a bit late but I was still damn proud of myself).

So now I'm laying in bed in massive discomfort, I was supposed to work today but that's not going to be possible so once again I contemplating life/work and what I'm going to do moving forward.

Good luck to everyone else with the issues being struggled with...im sure we will all make it if we keep on keeping on :nlb:

3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

4. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

There's always been this sort of phenomenon happen when I have a few people that are closer acquaintances/friends. Happened in high school and at least every couple of years since. I'll get a best friend, we'll all hang out with some people we mutually know and not long after I won't hear a peep from ANY of them. Just "seen" messages with no response. I don't know if I'm too trusting or what. Communication is normally pretty decent beforehand and then it all goes downhill once they find out my best friend at the time is a more interesting person. I guess .... people. And people wonder why I love my pets and animals in general more than people as a whole. My pets are always there for me. Supposed to have dinner with a couple this Saturday and I'm scared to ....ing death. It's a like a drug. I don't know why I keep doing this to myself. Sorry for the rant.

5. Blytheryn

Blytheryn Musical Adam West

I found out that I wasn't selected for an appointment to the Air Force Academy this year. Bummed. I have one year left to try though, before I get too old (23).

6. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau SS.org Regular

I'm sad because I miss my ex. I'm also sad because social anxiety sucks.

7. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

On holiday in Japan, should be having a blast; except for the fact I got roofied a couple of nights ago and have felt like absolute fucking shit ever since. Fever, got the squirts, headache, can barely eat which says a lot because nothing has ever killed my appetite before.

At least the good news is that I got the fuck outta that bar before I was so wasted they could start smashing my credit card. Phew!

8. El Caco

El Caco Djavli te ponesli Contributor

The guy who was going to buy my amp pulled out and the amp I was going to buy with the money just sold now that I found it even though it sat in that shop for 10 months.

I don't currently have a job but I also don't want to go back to my trade.

9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Maybe this belongs in the 'relationships' thread, but I'm putting it here cause it's why I'm sad right now.

I met someone a while back and thought we were starting to hit it off a bit. Had this conversation yesterday that sounded like it was dropping subtle hints that maybe we were on to something. I was giving "advice" about "someone she met" who sounded an awful lot like me. I *thought* it was just a subtle/shy way to sort of gauge my level of interest, then all of the sudden I get a message along the lines of:

"What what? You thought I was talking about you? I mean, we get along, but I don't think you and I.... "

So turns out she was seeing someone else the whole time and I was giving her advice on how to move forward with some other dude. FML

will_shred likes this.
  10. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau SS.org Regular

I already said it, but I'm sad because of my shyness. Talking to people, meeting new friends, finding a girl, etc. I have such a hard time doing those things. Funny thing is, I can do a show in front of a crowd of 600+ people and I don't mind at all because I enjoy playing music so much. Hell, I even was the frontman of my old melodeath band and was good at it. Even funnier, I work in a retail store selling flooring. I'm confident with clients because I know exactly what advice to give when they ask me. When I'm with good friends and a couple of drinks, I crack jokes all the time and make everyone laugh.

But when I'm off the stage, I'm too shy to socialize with other bands. When I finish work, I can't just go to the bar nearby hoping to meet new people. I never know what to say, I stutter or feel extremely unconfortable. I'm that wierd guy who usually's in the corner staying quiet all the time. I've been like this all my life. Some make fun of it, some are uncomfortable, some even think I'm very rude and ignoring them. I can't explain it. It just gets the better of me. I'd love to meet a girl. I haven't had sex in a whole year. My friends get mad at me. "Just stop beign shy! You should've gone talk to that girl! You really think you're going to find someone by doing nothing?!".

It got slightly better. Meds helps. But I'm 26 and have missed out on so much on life.

FILTHnFEAR and will_shred like this.
  11. will_shred

will_shred not that good.

Guitars>People

Present company excluded of course <3

I too am still sad about my ex, left me out of the blue after 5 years. It seems like I have zero prospect of getting another partner but who knows? Right now i'm just trying to keep my head down and focus on music and getting mentally/physically healthy.

12. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Shots on me, man. Same low feels.
    Biggest regret of my life was walking away from her, regret it every day.

13. StrmRidr

StrmRidr Hide your Jacksons

You basically just described me as well. It takes me a long time before being comfortable enough around someone to actually get a conversation going and even then, unless we are talking about a subject that genuinely interests me, chances are I won't have much to say . It blows my mind every time I witness people that barely know each other start talking like they've known each other forever. I'm not necessarily sad because of it, I still have enough friends (the ones that stuck around long enough to see that I wasn't just the weird silent guy in the corner), but it sucks every time I am around new people.

Ordacleaphobia likes this.
  14. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

My wife and I lost our son four years ago today. He was 16 weeks and I'm really not feeling like doing much of anything because these feelings I have about it are so crippling. I've never understood why two people who genuinely want children can't have them but child molesters and drug addicts can. And before anyone says it, yes we already know about the option of adoption and no we don't currently meet the criteria for it.

15. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

Oh fuck man, that's rough. My sister lost her twins (still born) and it's a pain that never goes away. You have my deepest sympathies.

16. DistinguishedPapyrus

DistinguishedPapyrus SS.org Regular

One of my old co-workers got a DUI. After leaving a party I was at with several other people from our staff. Nothing really bad happened, just a simple traffic stop, she was probably driving a little loopy, cop noticed it, lit her up, she blew over the limit and spent the night in county. I left an hour or so before she did only having had one drink myself, and sipped nothing but water for a while afterward making sure I was completely clear headed before I left, but she and another girl were definitely drunk, they both had the same kind of drink I had but kept on ordering beers, shots and other drinks afterward... up til I left. They said several things about one of their boyfriends picking them up, and I left there thinking they were gonna have a safe ride home either by the boyfriend or a Uber ride or something, but the thought still nagged me til the next morning that maybe I shouldn't have left without actually seeing to it that they got into a safe ride with someone else. and sure enough later the one girl must have felt brave and didn't wanna leave her car there over night, and she's now caught up in this situation. Just really feel bad for her... just a simple mistake, we all make mistakes.

17. Blytheryn

Broke up with my girlfriend of over four years this weekend. We've been together since we were 17, and did a lot of growing together. Travelled to L.A for six months after high school, and we've even been living together for the past year and a half. we're 21 and 22 now, and I guess times, feelings and stuff like that change. I guess I'm the core issue, as I have dreams of serving in the Air Force, and wanting to get a college education back home in the States, as opposed to Sweden, where I have to work dead end jobs to pay for rent. She's been supportive of me from the very beginning, buying me aviation books for my birthdays, etc. But everyone has to draw a line somewhere. This way we ended it as friends a little while before I left, as opposed to right before, save some of the heartache and shock, I guess.

I'm still gutted, and while she's away during the Summer working at her dad's place, I'm here in our apartment, while I wrap up work and move back to my parent's before I come stateside. She said she would help me move my stuff out when the time comes, and I appreciate that. Happy to have her as a friend, because that's what we started out being, before anything else, really. Hope time finds us in a better place eventually because this is first and foremost about not being in each other's way at this point in our lives when we want different things, as opposed to losing feelings for each other.

Don't know how I'll kick the feelings... We both knew it would come to this, but never anticipated how it would feel until it happened.

Overall a super shitty, fucked up situation. Glad I have you guys, guitars and the gym.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  18. El Caco

That's an interesting read. Mostly because I can't understand or relate to it at all. My wife is my only friend, I don't really have other close friends. I'm middle aged and haven't made anything of my life and sometimes I've thought about how I could have done things differently and improved aspects of my life dramatically especially in regards to money and career. But as hard as my life is now I realise that if things had of been different I most likely wouldn't have my wife and kids and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

My wife loves and believes in this quote
    and it makes a lot of sense to me now. I can't imagine another woman who could love me and I couldn't imagine anyone more perfect for me, it really is as if we are two halves of the same f'd up person.

I don't know if you are walking away from something like that but it kind of seems like you had a partner who was perhaps your best friend, I couldn't imagine leaving that for anything unless you knew she wasn't the one and you're just using this as an excuse but from what you wrote it doesn't seem like that.

You don't need to explain. I was just explaining how the concept is foreign to me and beyond my simple understanding.

19. Blytheryn

Well, I'll ramble and hope some of it is coherent enough to make sense. I'm an American but with a European mom. We've lived in Sweden since I was 14, and I've never considered myself Swedish. I've always loved aviation, and after high school I realized that I wanted to see how I could make that career work. Of course, having a girlfriend who was just getting started in college in Sweden made it obvious that a split would probably be inevitable down the line. last year I didn't get into any of the colleges that I had applied to in the U.S, which for me meant another year of working jobs in fast food restaurants and cafés while I tried to work on multiple college and service academy applications. While I was largely unhappy with my situation doing nothing of value for money while everyone around me progressed, really stressed me out, and frustrated me to the point of desperation. I still loved my girlfriend very much but I apparently my feelings of frustration and all the other negativity must have "oozed" off me, and that made her very sad, especially combined with the feelings that nothing she could do would be able to make me stay. I was stubborn, tunnel visioned and blind to how she felt. (I have no idea what I would do in Sweden, as my whole idea of what I want to do revolves around getting a degree in the U.S and commissioning into the military). Sure I would have her, but at what cost, and how much would I regret that down the line?

It is on me, I completely understand her point of view, and I regret a lot. We are still friends, I hope for things to stay that way, and if anything ever becomes of us again I would be very happy, but I also look back at the 4,5 years we shared together without a single regret. It's true that you don't really know what you have until it's gone.

AxeHappy likes this.
  20. El Caco

I kind of get it. I can kind of relate or maybe my wife can. I'm lucky she put up with me as I've been a miserable useless prick over the years. Miserable about missed opportunities, miserable how I couldn't do what I wanted to do and often blamed having a family for holding me back or for not helping me achieve my dreams. Then I tried to let go of some impossible dreams and at times I blamed family among other things. I hated that I had to let stuff go and couldn't do what I wanted. I almost lost my wife a few times and there were times I didn't really care, I thought I'd probably be better off without her, she thought she'd could be better off without me, she also didn't want to hold me back or be responsible for my misery. It's crazy looking back at it now. I've been a useless prick and I kind of am now as right now I'm trying to work out what to do next and my wife is carrying us all and I'm really not pulling my weight and I'm trying to work out some of my issues that are preventing me from doing things that I need to do.

The thing is we are still possibly the happiest and best we have ever been and even though things are very uncertain and scary we are both very thankful we have each other and the other stuff (excluding kids) isn't really important. We now have more common dreams. Dreams that are more realistic and simpler but I think more fulfilling. Well to be honest all I really want at this point is more time with her and experiences with her. I don't enjoy things like surfing anymore because she doesn't surf and it isn't something I can share with her, I have tried to go surfing with my son for him but I'm just not feeling it anymore and I'd rather be doing stuff with her. I'd still love to be able to do Motorsports stuff but it isn't really realistic, it is something I could still potentially make happen but at the cost of our goal of a more simple life where we can move around and be more true to our nomadic self, it would complicate things. I know it's cliche but for me there is truth now in "it's the simple things". The best times of my life are happening now when I go for a walk with her holding her hand and just talking about what ever comes to mind, and when we both enjoy a spectacular meal together or even just a Gelato or the time we grabbed a roast lamb and some fresh bread rolls and sat down on the grass looking out over the perfect ocean, it's funny how much better it tasted in that moment. Now we would just like to do the same all over the world and I want to try and make that happen for us, we have kids and would like to take them to but realistically we probably wont get away until the kids are all adults, my youngest is now a teen but he says he is going to live with us forever. :lol:

It's funny how much I have changed. I'm glad to be wrong. I'm really happy I made it through with what I now think is most important. But I guess looking back I should understand yours and her perspective and I can only wish the best for you both. Who knows maybe you might be destined to return to each other, maybe not. Maybe your happiness lies elsewhere. We are all different but for me I got lucky that I ended up with happiness despite every effort to sabotage it because at the time I was stupid.

On the other hand my wife and I often say that the reason Murphy hates me so much or the reason I can't have anything else in life is because I have her, others have riches but are often unhappy or there is something missing. I'm happy, I don't feel like anything is missing, everything else is just a bonus.

EverDream likes this.