Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Found out that some people were unhappy with the current standard of my work at my job. Perfectly okay with this as feedback is good in order to do better and improve. What I'm pissed about is instead of finding out through my boss and having a sit-down/chat about it or directly from the people who have the issue, I hear it third hand from one staff member and that it hasn't been communicated through official channels. Fucks sake.

2. RND

RND SS.org Regular

Had a package supposed to be delivered by 8pm. Got a notification that "Delivery attempted at 7:57pm, but mail receptacle is blocked". There was some snow UNDER the mailbox, but the opening was completely unobstructed. :pissed:

3. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

so another update on my guitar selling issue.

apart from another two idiots who keep liking my FB sale post and commenting "awesome", in which again I ask them, "cool, so you wanna buy it?"... "oh no dude, I was just admiring".... FFS!!

finally a dude message me about it, asked me bunc of questions about the guitar and the condition and ect. I repply everything. Then goes into "whats the lowest you would sell it for?".......FFS cant you read the sale post!!!!! seriously people are fucking dumb...... I told him a 50$ cheaper than what I already specify in the FB post... then the guy goes "I would get back to you on that one"......... ???????!??!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!

wat?

I create a sale post which you HAVE to put a price tag, so he decides to read such post, message me, and then ask me for a "how much?".......fucking people, theres a fucking reason I put a $$$$ figure on the post!!!!!, if you hapen to not have enough money or blah blah, then make me a fucking offer!!!!!!!, or jsut dont message me, but dont go all excited about the guitar and then fucking run away like a little kid when I told you that I want 50$ less tahn the price I was asking for a guitar that you already knew the price tag in the add....... that in top of that YOU DIDNT EVEN SEE THE GUITAR IN PERSON.... in order to be asking for discounts like that and be upset when I told you no.

fuck!

Im gonna message him saying I would take 100$ less then my original asking price(as I really want it gone, and no one else seems to be interested so far, and FB already burried my post into oblivion)..... I bet you he would still say "nah its too much"

even when the asking price I have its half (or a tinny bit less) than a new version of the guitar, and cheaper to what my specific discontinued color/model go for in ebay...... IF you cant find it over here, for a guitar thats never been gig and still in very mint-ish condition (no bumps/no scratches/cleaned/oiled)

this is a signature iceman btw, the guy from dragon force one.......

and I also had another guy asking "what country was made?"..... I told him, this is nto a prestige, so its not Japan if thats what you asking for, this is Indo made, like any other sig and any other Ibanez thats not a prestige or a cheap entry level chinese..... in other words jsut a normal ibanez build in the same factory as any other ibanez but a sig model (so bit higher quality)...... dude says "ah ok, thanks, nope"........ *&#$%....... if you really are that believer of the country where the guitar was made from and the fairy dust that comes with, then you should already know which models come from where, and you should know right from the start that this guitar is not from the magical place called Japan

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  4. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Is this your first time ever selling something? All the stuff you're writing is super duper normal. As someone who constantly buys and sells and trades on classifieds I couldn't imagine feeling angry about any of this. Not to marginalize your feelings, sorry.

AxeHappy likes this.
  5. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Sure, it's all normal, but it's still infuriating on some level. :lol: I'm trying to sell an old laptop and it's... an unpleasant experience.

Demiurge likes this.
  6. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

People make outrageous, compulsive, feet-first purchases all the time, but it just never seems to happen with anything I've ever tried to sell.

My sellin' days are mostly behind me, but getting the weirdest tire-kicking shit on eBay like, "What's the serial number on that POS MIC parts guitar you're selling?" or "Will you ship this $2 item to [country where postage is 25X price of item]?" was always annoying.

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  7. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

second guitar I tried to sell. Last one was pretty straight forward, only anoyance was couple of dudes super interested and super keen to see it on a weekend, so I held the guitar for them only for the weekend to come and they were like "oh sorry I dont have the money now", so I ahve to contact the other people. But that was it, people made me offers, one guy saw it in person, then made me an offer, not one I wanted, but I took it as I really wanted it gone and didnt care about it.

other than that jsut sold an amp pretty quickly and straight forward "I want the amp".."cool"..."meet me here"..."there you go"" done. Same with all my pedals

so this guitar its been a weird expereince for me. And yeah its frustrating, but well thats what this tread is all about to rant about stuff no? heheheh

vilk likes this.
  8. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Of course, this thread is exactly the place. Here's to becoming jaded to the annoyances of private sales!

A-Branger likes this.
  9. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

:cheers: yay for dumb people who dont know how a sale works

10. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Oh, they know how it works.

They're using some pretty common tactics meant to get you so sick of the process that you'll sell for cheaper just to be done with it.

It's all a game for them, trying to get you annoyed enough to shave every penny off the price.

The thing is, most of the time it works. Especially on people who don't buy/sell/trade as often.

AxeHappy and A-Branger like this.
  11. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

mmmm interesting

12. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire gearwhoricus americanus

I feel your pain dude, I was trying to sell my avenger 8 string for a while there and people were messaging me "hurr I can get it cheaper from so and so". No, you can't, I checked and my guitar was the cheapest anywhere on the internet for an avenger 8, especially considering I had an omega in the bridge and a bkp emerald in the neck.

you have no idea how many messages I get from people trying to lowball on me a fucking seymour duncan pickup or cheap oem pickups. I set the price as the lowest around (I always check that my price is the lowest out there on reverb or ebay) and they're still trying to get half off. My favorite thing is when people bother to make me an offer but they don't want to keep bartering, they throw their lowball offer out there and rarely ever counter. If you can't afford 20$ for some OEM pickups then don't waste my time ffs.
    I had one guy who had the gall to message me on reverb and say that I was being really annoying with my counter offers to his shit offers. He eventually caved and payed what I wanted for the pedal I was selling. I understand the logic of trying to get everything for as cheap as possible, but damn, at least be willing to barter a bit and not get pissy that people won't sell their gear to you for next to nothing.

13. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

at least they gave you an offer, this guy just askede me "how low can you sell it for?", and thats it, I told him and he run away saying nope like if I just raised my price. So before wasting my time with 19287 questions about the guitar, how about you start with "I only have X much to spend", or at the very least tell me at the end once I gave my answer.

I only droped the price a bit because I obiously dont want to sell it for cheap, if not thats the price I would have put in the add from the start..... so once I say, "I can do $$", the most obious thing is to go, "cool, but I only have $ ....or.... Can you do $?"......

If the price he was willing to pay for it was THAT low from my original post, then why even bothered with it

14. vilk

vilk Very Regular

a lot of people inflate the price in anticipation of being offered less.

15. Andrew Lloyd Webber

Andrew Lloyd Webber Part-time Elon Musk impersonator

Reverb has a “Make an offer” option. It’s become common etiquette for the interested to offer 10% under the asking price, but I’ve found that many other tire-kickers use it as an invitation to indulge in the previously-mentioned behavior. I no longer use the offer-option in my listings, but still get PM’d “offers” from people who clearly shouldn’t even understand how to navigate the messaging feature. And they all have zero-item “stores” named “Boutique” or “Emporium.”

16. frogman81

frogman81 SS.org Regular

I’ve sold things here and there for almost a couple decades now, and I feel like this initial message of “what’s the lowest you’ll sell it for?” is new. At the risk of sounding like an old man yelling at clouds, *back in my day* people used to start with an offer, then negotiations could begin.

A-Branger likes this.
  17. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

I don't know I've been getting that one since you had to post your stuff to sell on physical message boards at practice studios and venues.

AxeHappy likes this.
  18. frogman81

frogman81 SS.org Regular

Fair enough :)

19. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

that would be the most reasonable approach, and the one I have had experience before.

and I would get the "what the lowest you could go?" thing if lets say the guitar was beat up, broken, missing parts, or something like that. But like I answered in all his questions, gutiar never been giged/played out of the house, kept clean, well mantained, case queen, no mods

I jsut think that if you really have such a low budget, one thats soo far away from my asking price, even so far away from my "lower offer", then why bothered to ask the question and why bothered to ask me with all the interest about the guitar when your plans to buy it where 0.

like if you were planing to me answer that question with "yeh man give me 150$" for a 750$ guitar, then you are barking at the wrong tree right from the start.

20. lurè

lurè SS.org Regular

I like also when you're trying to sell an amp/Guitar clearly saying "no trades", and people ask if you'd trade It with their collection of Boss pedals or with a brand new iPhone 3.

AxeHappy, BlackMastodon and A-Branger like this.