Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Ugh the near-worthless HR interview. I was always so glad when those were brief 20-30 minute phone calls where the HR person is just screening to make sure you’re not a moron.

Not interested in “listing a time I overcame a work difficulty”.

2. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I'm having my share of those, too, but oddly enough, it was two of the department managers asking these canned questions.

Surprisingly, "What's your greatest weakness?" was not asked, which was shocking.

Mathemagician likes this.
  3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Lmao. Oh fuck. Dude. If you can build towards it in your career, get a more sales/business development oriented role. No one asks that stupid shit when money is being generated. That’s a red flag for “mediocre middle managers 101”.

“I got my Management experience from google.”

The flip side is that managers trying to be fair do have to ask everyone the same questions in order to compare candidates afterwards. But it should never be an entire interview of google-able questions.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  4. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I'm in the casualty claims sector of the insurance industry- a few rungs up the ladder, so the sole reliance on generic questions does kind of come off as a red flag. Either these folks are indeed career middle-managers and have little technical knowledge OR the last time they actually worked a file themselves was before the advent of the fax machine. I've worked for both and it's not great.

5. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Databases can be launched into the fucking sun today. I love my job but fuck me there's some fiddly shit on at the moment.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  6. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Databases, eh? I think I'd rather willingly toss myself into a diseased punji pit while this dude smiles devilishly.

[​IMG]

[Note: That's how he smiles.]

Vyn likes this.
  7. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Right now I'd consider that a holiday. Pass the lube.

8. Ebony

Ebony Drums

Had to perform surgery on the fan of my piece of shit burner-laptop. I fixed the fan alright, but now the speakers are fried for no apparent reason. And I had to strip half the screws just to get the backpanel back on (which I almost had to break to get off) so the next time the fan goes bonkers, it's permanently fucked.

I know this thing was probably built by teenage slaveworkers and that I should be happy it's even made of plastic and not something like asbestos-vinyl or stabilized horse dung, but still...how is it actually possible to make something this shit?!

9. Spaced Out Ace

"Asbestos-vinyl or stabilized horse dung" :rofl:

Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but that was hilarious.

EverDream and Ebony like this.
  10. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

trying to sell a guitar over buy/swap/sell music groups in facebook. People keep liking/loving my post and posting coments like"duuude", and "nice guitar" stuff like that...... Im trying to SELL the guitar, Im NOT fucking showing it off.... you either comment or message me to BUY IT or not.... for F sake!!....... but thanks for the add bump tho

11. Spaced Out Ace

I think the problem here is the fact you think you'll actually sell stuff in those kinds of groups. They are a waste of time.

12. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

actually I had sell one guitar, bunch of pedals and almost sold my line6 board(if I didnt moved away) in those groups. I found my current bass trough there too, so they do work. But I always have those randoms who jsut "like" the post.... like WTF?

funny thing I reply the comment of those guys with like "thanks, let me know if you are interested", THEN and only THEN one of them was like "cool, you wanna trade blah blah..?"....... *facepalm*

13. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Caught up in the shit weather. Haven’t had power in 8 hours. Single dad with restless kid. Want soup and can’t heat it. Slipped and broke left side of ass. Car is stuck in snow. Urge to kill is rising.

14. Spaced Out Ace

AxeHappy, Ebony, A-Branger and 2 others like this.
  15. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Precisely what I aimed for :lol:

AxeHappy likes this.
  16. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

Just bought a guitar and the seller didn't bother to mention that it didn't come with the whammy bar, or that the screws in the bridge are stripped so I could barely change the strings to try and make it playable, or that either the pickup or the wiring is bad and it feeds back with my pod, which honestly I didn't know was possible. But it did come with a strap that is short enough that I can play it barely under nipple height. So now I get to spend a couple hundred dollars trying to fix it.

17. Spaced Out Ace

Ask for a refund for the amount it costs to fix and give him a bad review. That's bullshit to sell someone shit that's basically in need of repair to be playable.

18. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

I'm kind of conflicted on giving him a bad review or not. Not saying it didn't come with the bar kind of pissed me off, but I've never seen a guitar shop that changed strings and set up a used guitar. And it's a 30 year old import Charvel, I really wasn't expecting the best from the electronics, plus someone wired in (badly) a coil tap. My main patch on my POD is basically a dimed Marshall without a gate, but none of my other guitars have ever had feedback, which I didn't even know was possible on a POD.

But the thing is, after I lowered the action about a mile and got it set up right, it plays amazing and when it's not feeding back it sounds killer. So really all I can fault them on is the bar which is like $20.

19. MickD7

MickD7 SS.org Regular

Cancer.

I hate it. My wife’s mum got diagnosed 2 months ago and she is terminally ill. Every step in he process of it has been agonising and heartbreaking.

F@#$ Cancer

20. Spaced Out Ace

Sorry to hear that. :(

MickD7 likes this.