Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire ERG hoarder/pickup tester

I can't remember how to play a riff I wrote over a year ago and it's driving me crazy.

auxioluck and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  2. auxioluck

auxioluck Metal Teddy Bear

My fiance and I have come down with what appears to be whooping cough. Basically been going between bouts of coughing and pure rage.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  3. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

I liked this because Sevenstring doesn't have an array of reactions or whatever like Facebook does, where you can love, haha, etc. react to stuff.

4. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

5. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

[​IMG]

I knew this day would come.

6. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Phallic jawbreakers?

7. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

The voting for a new president is just going on here in Finland this month. I haven't paid much attention to the whole election until today when I read a bit about it. Let's just say now I know how most of you Americans felt back in late 2016..

8. NotDonVito

NotDonVito got his bass

It was so bad, the Weather Channel had a 24 hour nature program with relaxing music, specifically for election day,

9. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Really?

Shit that would've been awesome to watch high

10. Slunk Dragon

Slunk Dragon Gear Nerder

More frustrated than mad, but don't let Archspire inspire your songwriting, because then you won't be able to play shit.

Vyn likes this.
  11. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Who said it's gonna be "a new" president :p shame there is like two people in those candidates who would be enough qualified for that kind of task.

12. Vyn

Vyn Not a Sparkly Vampire Contributor

Mad as fuck at the moment at the amount of business' posting information on Facebook only. This isn't just about KieselGate, this is aimed at some non-music-related businesses. Not everyone uses that cancerous, soul-sucking, steaming pile of shit known as Facebook. Post information on your webpage FFS.

13. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

The company I work for, January in-review:

Early January: "Thanks to the corporate tax cut passed, we're giving everybody a $1000 bonus this month. How great are we!"

Late January: "We are laying you off because another business unit isn't making enough money."

Ebony likes this.
  14. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Shit luck, man, sorry to hear that.

This seems to be a common theme after the corporate tax cuts that the Trump admin has rammed through. Hearing a lot of news that companies are laying people off on the dl while getting their PR people to talk about all the bonuses they're handing out to employees.

AxeHappy and Demiurge like this.
  15. lurè

lurè extended range pizza

Lost a job opportunity because apparently I'm "too qualified" for a job that would have paid 400$ a month for 6 months.

16. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

Man the beginning of 2018 so far has been hectic, after a hell of a 2017. I am going to vent...

2017 was a crap year, I am going to just admit it. I gained a lot of business for my landscape company, but I went through so much employee turnover it was crazy. I tried to even pay people more but that did not even help. My main work truck also blew an engine and cost me an arm and a leg to replace. My grandmother went through treatment for bladder cancer, and her husband, my grandfather and one of my mentors and people who taught me how to be a man, was hospitalized three times. I am afraid he might not have too much time left. Tensions between my father and I escalated to the point we nearly got into a fist fight at one point. I also was oficially diagnosed with being on the Autism Spectrum after years of trying to figure out what is exactly wrong with me. Yes, it is great I found out now and it explains issues as to why I have problems dealing with people, but I still am struggling with accepting it. Also adulthood kicked in, and I found out a lot of my clostest friends would drop me in a heartbeat. I miss my friends who I could vent to and talk about life with, people I could relate to and we would just hang out, vent about life, laugh, tell each other how much we mattered to each other and we were hear for each other, and move on. Now they all got new jobs or girlfriends/ fiances and I just miss having some of my friends friends.

To top it all off, my best friend of 13 years, my border collie Rebel, was diagnosed with Lymphoma. I love this boy more than anything else and he is such a sweet, loyal friend. The good news is he went through Chemo and it went into remission. The bad news is it will come back in a year or two, and I have to leave early neaxt year for work and training with the Army, so it might come back when he is with my Parents and I am far away...(Pic is of him graduating Chemo, the people who treated him loved him)

[​IMG]

I also FINALLY met the most awesome woman one night. She was this Columbian (I LOVE them Latina girls) woman who was five years older than me, and we striked up a conversation one night at the bar of a local restaurant. She was absolutely stunning and we got along great. That first night we met we were kissing in the parking lot for a bit and it was going great. We started talking and going out together and it we had such a great time. Hell I thought that is was the universe, or God or whatever you want to call it's way of rewarding me through going through hell. However, I have not seen or heard from her since early December because her asshole ex husband got invovled and once that happened she stopped answering me...

This year has already started off on the wrong foot. I applied to finally graduated with my Bachelor's in Business this May, and when I did, they said "Oh Yeah you have enough credits that if you stay longer you can get a dual degrees!" Well why the hell didn't the idiots in my college tell me that a while back?!?! Also issues with the Army Reserves is already starting for me. I am trying to get into an Aviation unit, and I did damn well on the ASVAB, but the red tape and beacrocracy has been a headache. I spent 7 hours on base yesterday just to take a 30 minute verification test. Plus I am a leader in my professional fraternity at school has been driving me up the wall. The people who are ultimately in charge are extremely micro managing and some would rather go out, get drunk and sleep with anything with a damn pulse rather than give their officers the time of day to do their job. And people wonder why I work for myself most of the time...

Plus, being on the Autism spectrum, and the Southern Baptist Christian way I was raised, I have the hardest time relating to people my age and younger, particularly women. They are so different than who I am and I am hvign a hard time dealing with that tbh. My experiences, beliefs, and the life I have had are radically different than most of my generation and I am coming to realize that. Some of it has helped me professionally, but it also has hindered me socially. I get along with many of my clients and superiors extremely well, which I am grateful for, but I really wish I could easily make new friends in my own age gap to help my social life and also help me find a woman who will be my partner and the mother of my children.

I am trying to stay positive in all of this. My guys at the Schecter Custom Shop sent me pics of my new babies being built and we are working on speccing out a few new ones, plus a new model I would like to see being done. They have been good to me and in the darkest of times.

Also the new tax laws might help my landscaping business, especially with writing off equipment as I am about to spend about $40,000.00 just on commercial lawn mowers alone, not including small equipment, aerators, trailers and additional commercial push mowers I need this year. If things work out I can hire another manager to help take some of the pressure off of me. I have an appointment with my accountant so we will see what happens. My Boy Rebel also seems to be in good spirits despite the Lymphoma. I took him on a 3 mile hike in the park today with my other boy, Jackson, and they did fine. (Picture is of my younger dog, a 2 year old, Border Collie Mix, Jackson , and yes named after Jackson Guitars, who is the bestest Pupperino around)

[​IMG]

I think I am posting this as five years ago I posted my issues on this very forum, where I found solace in, and I was thinking about the dark times I went through then. I can say, those dark times have made me a stronger person. But now I am frustrated and afraid that the darkest of times may be coming once again...

The thing is, I set out after my mental crashes back in 2013 and 2014 with the goals to better myself and my life as I knew eventually a great deal of responsibility would fall on my shoulders, and I was tired of being disappointed with everything. I knew I would have a family and I knew certain family members, particularly my mother, I would have to care for because of their health issues. I started my business, I am joining the Army Reserves as an officer, I am finishing my degree, I am focusing on my band and my music, I am doing all I can to better my life and to bass the benefits of it all to those I care about. I just hope that one day I can at least take a break from the frustration and look back at my life and the path I have taken, smile, and say "It was all worth it." To make sure my life and the lives of those I love is secured and in good hands. I just don't think another "Oh man it will happen, JUST HAVE FAITH" will be enough to get me through all of it. I wish some one would give me the absolute answers to it all, which do not exist I know, but having faith in the future and just believing in everything is no longer working.

Well, I am going to pour me a glass of Scotch and say "Here is to hoping this all Works Out" one more time. Thank you for your time.
    [​IMG]

cip 123, watson503 and auxioluck like this.