Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Pondman- Sincerely hope that surgery went well. You're in my thoughts.

pondman likes this.
  2. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Holy shit, really sorry to hear that Al! The luthiery forum here taught me to have a healthy amount of fear for routers and it's reasons like this that hammer that point home. :( Here's hoping for the best out of your recovery, you're a really talented guy and it'd be a shame to lose any of your talents!

narad and pondman like this.
  3. BMO

BMO Geetarist

Guess I got a bit to get out and it’s probably nowhere near as bad as some other people’s woes. Firstly, I work a job that is now unscheduling me half the week due to their outdated machinery constantly breaking (jobs are tough to find in my area so finding a new one is a rough time). This next one might make me sound like a trust fund baby but I’m nowhere near that. Essentially my parents wanted to take on my community college debt when I flunked out 2-3ish years ago. Or so I thought. I just got a text today from my dad saying “your college bill is late again.” That was the first thing mentioned in 2-3 yrs since the day my mom said it was all taken care of and not to worry. I dread looking at whatever number it’s risen to but it’s probably absurdly high now because I have no idea how long it’s gone unpaid. Oh and having the man for a roomate is fun too. My mom divorced him and left, so I help pay the bills and keep him company since we both know an apartment is kind of a dumb expensive idea around here if the house is cheaper. But the guy likes to nitpick my life every day. If I leave a single piece of laundry lying somewhere or say his dog tears up something after escaping her cage while I’m asleep (I work nightshift and can’t take care of her as I need sleep during the day) it leads to a huge rant about how I’m a failure going nowhere in life who can’t keep things together. I have bad depression (which he’s in denial about even after an official diagnosis), so that isn’t the kinda stuff I like screamed in my face every other day before my shitty job. And if I tell him to shut up? He owns the house and throws me out for a few days to freeze in my Jeep until he begs me to come back. So many things stacked up on top of one another every day for a good couple years now. Fun.

4. BMO

BMO Geetarist

Oh and forgot to mention my father pushes the navy on me whenever he can, because in his eyes it’s the only option for me and working fulltime while pursuing music is worthless to him, but once he’s drunk “He’s the best musician ever, every venue should give him a gig I believe in him so much and I’m ao proud.” Ugh.

5. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

Hey BMO- As the son of a drunk, a renter, a college drop-out, a "useless musician and artist", AND a Jeep owner ( lol) that suffers from depression... I can relate pretty well to this.

Head up, brother. Hope some positive changes come about to at least offset some of this.

BMO and IGC like this.
  6. pondman

pondman Build Whore. Contributor

Cheers. Got the cast removed and the dressing changed.

[​IMG]001 by

High Plains Drifter likes this.
  7. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

That’s some DC villain level sutures right there. “Wanna know how I got these scars?” Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

pondman likes this.
  8. IGC

IGC OCDG

Hang in there man, my dad was a wierd drunk too, I can relate on feeling hopeless about pretty much everything in life. I tried lexapro, Prozak, Respiradol and they do work but for me they had untollerable physical side effects, but good mentally. Been trying to get into ZaZen Meditation lately ...i'm 40 and seems like hopeless has been the dominant theme to my life. But from time to time the moments when things turn your way do present themselves and life is worth it, so hang bro:yesway:

BMO and High Plains Drifter like this.
  9. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Ever try getting out of Cleveland?

10. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Holy crap, I go on radio silence for a few days and come back to see this!

Sincerely wish you a speedy recovery @pondman !

pondman likes this.
  11. narad

narad SS.org Regular

Damn, likewise -- sorry to hear this.

pondman likes this.
  12. kylendm

kylendm Electrical Mercenary

I'm mad at EA about Battlefront 2. Returned that shit.

Mathemagician likes this.
  13. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I made the stupid decision to preorder a Pixel 2 XL - when it finally got here yesterday, not only does it have the issues people complained about (I can live with a bit of a blue colour shift when the phone is viewed off axis, whataver) - but the screen is just plain defective. Random lines through it, a green glow emitted from the side, sometimes the bottom half of the screen flickers violently, etc. It's going back for sure. Debating whether or not I want to try my luck with a replacement or just give up and go back to my perfectly good old iPhone.

14. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

I hate the CFO at my job. He's a CPA and thinks that makes him qualified to manage a production facility. :lol:

15. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

I live there now... Moving back home ASAP. I'm not sure if it's just me not being a "city cat" or Cleveland but I can't wait to get out of here.

16. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

Wow, I loved staying in Cleveland. Maybe it's just much nicer to visit, or maybe it's because I grew up in Detroit, so every place I go, other than Detriot, seems like the garden of eden, by comparison. Although I honestly didn't like Indy too much- because it was like slightly warmer/hotter Detroit with a different local accent and no party stores, and the druggies were way more into meth and smack than crack and pcp. And more horse racing and less drag racing, but the same mount of NASCAR, ...okay, ... it was totally different but seemed just as scuzzy.

This year, I was starting to really hate living so far away from my extended family. St. Johnsbury is a really cool place to live... if you are wealthy and love outdoorsy stuff. I mean, the crime here is laughable compared to what I'm used to seeing. Maybe one or two murders a year in the entire region. A couple break-ins, and some vandalism. Living in Indianapolis, my next door neighbour got SWAT Team'd, a 14-year old kid was tazed on my front lawn, a car fire damaged one of the trees in our yard...and that was literally just the last few days before I moved away. In Detroit, it seemed like one in ten people I knew got shot at some point, usually fatally. Here, in rural Vermont, the worst thing happening is just that economic survival is set to hard mode. Everything here costs a fortune, though not on a level like Alaska, and job opportunities are scarce.

But why am I mad right now? I can't say specifically, in public, but I am ultra mad, and it's just because of life. I'm sure you can all relate. Some years life just throws only fast pitches and curve balls and you just can't score a hit, and for me, that's 2017. It's like I tried extra hard this year and life rewarded me by just totally, relentlessly, and mercilessly kicking my ass all year long. If 2017 was a poker hand for me, it'd be a ten-high nothing with a $1000 ante that I doubled down on. If 2017 was a dinner entree, it'd be a plate of shoe leather and thai hot chilis with a hidden hypodermic needle somewhere in it. If 2017 was a bottle of soda, it'd be a diet coke with a mentos hidden under the cap. :lol: To kick it off, 2015 and 2016 had already been significantly below-average years for me, personally and professionally. 2014 wasn't too bad, but it wasn't easy, it was just a lot of hard work that ended up being somewhat rewarding. The thought that it's been three years since I had anything pay off at all in my life is pretty damned discouraging.

I'd like to stay optimistic that 2018 will be much better, and well, I kind of have to be, but I already know it's going to be challenging right off the bat.

Also, baseball puns make me mad, and I just used a bunch of them...FML.

17. Bodes

Bodes SS.org Regular

People at work who refuse to look over papers, then have the strongest opinion once the paper has been released, come out of the woodwork crying they could have done a better job...

Either put up when asked or shut up!

18. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Bright side is, you’d never finish a suicide note. Let’s hope things can’t get worse; and suddenly 2018 is looking brighter than ever. In fact, any dire diagnoses you receive may have started growing in previous years - So don’t blame the current calendar page when it happens. There’s always room for optimism.

bostjan likes this.