Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I'm what you would call an internet detective, of sorts: And my guess - Just off the top of the ol' noggin, granted - Is Alberta. Which is in the Canada area. North America (former Pangea). Could be Edmonton, too. Snowy part of town.

BlackMastodon, AxeHappy and stevexc like this.
  2. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

firstly hahahah

secondly, at least its scenic haha. What temps are you dealing with?

3. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

5-10C, so it didn't stick fortunately.

lewis likes this.
  4. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

For GOD SAKESSS...My in-laws are such bellends.

5. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I'm angry that there is not enough time in the day to do the things I feel need to be done, and lately, I feel like I'm doing everything all alone.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  6. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

^ I kinda hear ya on that one.
    I feel a lot lately like in order to see anything through to completeness, I need to put everything else aside, just cause there's not enough time to focus on everything. But just relaxing and enjoying myself is another thing that needs to be focused on that pushes more things aside.

7. Tyler

Tyler SS.org Regular

Im mad that its 90 degrees when its fall already. Wheres the hoodie weather at though?

8. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

One of my best friends wants me to put in a referral for him where I work. Innocent enough, right? No... He worked here last year and pointed out going to concert and being "sick" all the time. He had a job lined up after that, but due to his temper, he threw a Julian Date labeler on the ground within the threshold of his probation, so he was terminated. After that he sifted through several jobs, all the while doing stupid shit like spending money on alcohol and not paying his bills or spending his last dollar on this girl he's been chasing who won't have him and uses him for shit her boyfriend should be doing.

Not long ago, he was hired on by a temp service for the job that I want and have been trying to get since I've worked here, what does he do? Quits and goes to another job, decides that he doesn't want that one and he wants to come back here.

I've referred a person before, but they're at work damn near every single day and have not pulled the shit my friend has. I honestly feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place because I know what's going to happen if I refer him, and I know what'll happen if I don't. There's a big part of them that's telling me not to refer him and if he gets pissed about and petty (he likes to post his little spouts on social media) to let him be and just not deal with him.

9. PunkBillCarson

One of my best friends wants me to put in a referral for him where I work. Innocent enough, right? No... He worked here last year and pointed out going to concert and being "sick" all the time. He had a job lined up after that, but due to his temper, he threw a Julian Date labeler on the ground within the threshold of his probation, so he was terminated. After that he sifted through several jobs, all the while doing stupid shit like spending money on alcohol and not paying his bills or spending his last dollar on this girl he's been chasing who won't have him and uses him for shit her boyfriend should be doing.

Not long ago, he was hired on by a temp service for the job that I want and have been trying to get since I've worked here, what does he do? Quits and goes to another job, decides that he doesn't want that one and he wants to come back here.

I've referred a person before, but they're at work damn near every single day and have not pulled the shit my friend has. I honestly feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place because I know what's going to happen if I refer him, and I know what'll happen if I don't. There's a big part of them that's telling me not to refer him and if he gets pissed about and petty (he likes to post his little spouts on social media) to let him be and just not deal with him.

10. bostjan

I've been in similar situations more than once before. Most likely, if you refer your friend and he ends up being a knob-head at work, and gets fired, your bosses will a) stop taking references from you and, less likely, b) stop considering you seriously. Either way, it's a big thing to ask. If I were you, I'd tell him flat out that I wouldn't refer him because he's going to get himself fired, and you are actually trying to hold it together.

There are other options, but all of those potentially end up worse that that one, in my opinion. Not that I'm good at this sort of thing.

Although, long long ago, I had some trepidation about referring a friend for a job and it actually ended up working out pretty well, in the long run. At least I was already promoted and entrenched in my new position a couple years before that person got fired, and none of the folks around at the time of hiring were still around at the end, so it's not likely anyone remembered the connection by then. Still, it was a risky move for me at the time. I would not do that again.

11. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

Double ear infection and sinus infection. Shit is the worst.

Tyler likes this.
  12. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

when a 20 year olds make statements like
    "Unpopular opinion: I really hate dream theater their music is boring"

but the second you say you think Beyonce is shit, the same person brands you ignorant, implies you have an immature mentality and cant see the hypocrisy in the whole situation....?

13. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Depends on who's saying it, but it's like some sort of contrarian ouroboros situation where one deems it edgy to defend pop music and to dismiss more 'serious' stuff. People should listen to what they like, but it's lame to make some sort of strange affectation out of their taste.

lewis likes this.
  14. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

nail on the head.

15. PunkBillCarson

People that walk on freshly mopped floors. I know, I know, it'll get dirty again, but fuck at least grant some kind of buffer period. Immediately walking on it while it's still damp not only makes it look worse, but obviously shows no fucking consideration to the fact that I just mopped. At least wait till it dries. Swear to God, if I were to ever become President, people that do this shit and also those who put ketchup on steaks would actually find a valid reason to compare my Presidency to the dictatorship of Hitler.

marcwormjim likes this.
  16. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

It took UPS four days to ship my purchase to a city that is 12 hours way from where it was picked up. The city in question is in the opposite direction of where I live and where it was picked up from. And considering I need this item to get my vehicle to pass inspection I'd really like to get it sometime this month.

17. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

I sheared off the screw to the hoop clamp on my pedals the other day somehow.
    About a week after the cam started randomly coming off while playing.
    Piling on to the fact that the slave pedal had this obnoxious 'creak' to it since the day I bought it. I've just been stewing about it since I can't play drums anymore because no bass pedal.

This is a DW8000, it's not a bargain bin pedal. I thought DW's stuff was supposed to be top notch. I kind of don't want to even bother fixing it (AGAIN) now and just get a set of Speed Cobras like people told me to in the first place.

It's funny how I've had the complete opposite experience with my drum gear than I have with my guitar gear. With my guitar stuff, the moment I started buying nicer stuff, it was like a revelation. All the pieces started to fall into place. I had more fun, I sounded better, I played better, the gear felt higher quality and more sturdy, etc. In the drum dept though, f*ck man, I had a better time with my first kit that costed $300 total, pedals, cymbals, shells and all, than I do now with a multi-thousand dollar setup. Nothing feels better, most of it actually sounds worse (although I'll pardon this, since I'm stuck with e-kits now), and even getting the stuff to stay together is a f*cking impossible mission.

The worst part? I'm actually more of a drummer than a guitarist.
    Yet I find myself more compelled to build up my guitar rig and pick up guitar gear. People think I'm a guitar player that plays drums rather than a drummer that plays guitar. I LOVE playing drums but I'm seriously considering selling it all and giving it up because all it does is stress me out when it should be relaxing. Every time I sit down I just KNOW something isn't going to function properly.

bostjan likes this.
  18. bostjan

I've always used Tama pedals, but I have a DW snare stand and a hihat stand and those are two of the nicest stands I've ever bought, and they've held up for over a decade now.

I know what you mean, though, when something goes wrong, it seems like another half dozen things go wrong around it, for some inexplicable reason. For me, that was about two years ago on the drums, I went through a snare trap, a snare head, a snare stand (thankfully not the expensive one I had), a cymbal, a cymbal stand, and worst of all, a bunch of hardware on my double bass pedal, over the course of two weeks.

Right now it's happening with my automotive situation. The stereo stopped working in my car, the headlight control switch stopped working, something kept draining the battery, and two solenoids fried. Then, after fixing the wiring, I must've bumped into the headlights, because the bulb burned out, then, replacing the bulb, the bulb harness broke. I took the car to an automotive electrician to try to track down the short that's draining the battery and he doesn't think there is one... Meanwhile my wife's vehicle had to pass inspection with a tiny bit of rust on the chrome bumpers, and the diagnostic computer blew up, so I replaced the bumpers and took it to a guy for the computer and inspection, then it needed new brakes, then something got bent up somehow on the e-brake shoe, and the linkage for the brake handle came loose. Got that fixed and someone borrowing the truck hit a deer and wrecked the brand new bumper and bent the fender up into the wheel. I've spent probably $2k on repairs already and this is going to be another >$500, but still under my deductible - and it's all money that I don't have after a series of family emergencies this summer. FML.

19. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

When it rains, it pours indeed. Sorry to hear about all of that.
    I'll tolerate a lot of stuff and bottle up a lot of rage, but automotive troubles my ticket to the sun. Which is odd since my dad's owned a repair shop since he was my age, and my brother turned out to be a massive car / truck enthusiast. Yet I can't stand the thought of touching the things.

That's rough man. If it's any consolation, I'm a lot less salty about a pedal that only costs a few hundred bucks now. Hopefully once you get all of this garbage out of the way you're good on that front for a solid couple years.

bostjan likes this.
  20. bostjan

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, my car troubles are really a first world problem, though. A lot of people have much worse things to worry about.

I guess I was spoiled when I lived in Michigan near my parents, I had a lot less car trouble. My dad was also a mechanic, and I'd enlist him to help me when I needed new brakes or when my heater core plugged up...I always knew he was fixing stuff and not telling me about it when I left my car at his house. He was such a great guy. It was just a real wake-up call when I moved across the country and suddenly everything was going wrong with my vehicles, but this damn Chevy HHR I bought most recently really takes the cake. I'm approaching the point where the only original parts left of the car are the frame, body, and interior.