Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Kevcarnage

Kevcarnage SS.org Regular

Try not to let their unhappiness with each other affect you. I'm sure no matter what happens they'll both always love you and your brothers. I know having a severed family can be hard. Looking at your friends with good loving families just make u wonder why you can't have that. But in reality you'll be a stronger person in the long run because of it. You'll learn how to put up with bullshit at a young age and i'm sure you will mature faster as well. Hopefully your parents stay together so your family can remain whole but always remember to stay strong. Stay hard working. Don't let negative emotions bring you down. I remember feeling like the Adult when my parents would fight. I promise you though, you'll be a very responsible adult for taking the role of an adult at a young age. My mom and dad split up when i was 16 and my mom doesn't even reply to my texts anymore lmao. Even though i'm hurt deep down, i just keep living my own life and focus on becoming the best person I can become. Life is hard but nothing ever stops for you so you always have to keep moving forward. best of luck to you

Gravy Train likes this.
  2. Gravy Train

Gravy Train Night Fiddler

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

3. chassless

chassless Don'tDeserveMyGuitar

lack of work. been sitting 2 months at home. bleh...

4. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

My neighborhood is crazy. There was an arm ed stand off across the street yesterday morning, and I almost got jacked by 2 drug dealers the other night. Yeah, it's time to buy a motorcyle and move to the countryside.

5. DistinguishedPapyrus

DistinguishedPapyrus SS.org Regular

It should be a felony for bands to have long periods of silence at the end or beginning of a song in an album. Makes it annoying to listen to a mixed playlist, I don't know if my phone disconnected from the headset or what?... then finally come to find out it's just the song...

Mathemagician, TedEH and marcwormjim like this.
  6. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

A fucking hurricane is trying to deep dick my state. Kind of bullshit.

7. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

Ughhhhhhh, finally got back my old guitar from pawn shop after playing with a broken 7-string missing a string for the past 6 months or so. So, I decided to change the strings but the screw thread on the saddle (on a floating bridge) went bad and now I can't screw the string block tight enough to hold the string. So now I have one 7-string missing a string and one 6-string missing a string. I swear to god to that I will never get another floating bridge. The tuning stability is a high price to pay for all this shit I've taken with these things over the years. :mad:

8. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I used to have a little ziplock bag full of string blocks and screws in my main guitar's case. It came in handy once or twice.

9. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

Me too but the sad thing is that the problem isn't in the screw but in the actual saddle piece which is discontinued afaik so good luck for me trying to find a replacement.

10. bostjan

The little metal cube-ish piece? That's exactly the piece that I kept losing, too. The problem is that they are tiny and they blend into their surroundings more easily than screws.

I know it's no help to you at this juncture, but next time, I would recommend buying $15-20 worth of replacement parts right off the bat.

What type of bridge is it? Are you sure there are no replacements available anymore?

This is the problem with all of the brick and mortar music shops shutting down. In the 90's and early 00's, if you were missing a stupid little piece off of a guitar or drumset, or clarinet, whatever, you could almost always find it in a parts drawer at a local "mom&pop shop." Usually the shop would charge you a couple bucks and you were on your way. Nowadays, you have to look up the guitar by model number, figure out the date of manufacture, narrow it down to two different bridges, figure out which bridge, find the parts list, identify the part number, search for the part online, come up empty, do another search for similar replacement parts, post on a forum such as this, wait a few days or weeks to get a response from a guy who used to work at the factory, get the new replacement part number, scour the internet for a retailer, pay list price of $20 for the part plus $15 shipping and handling, wait 2-4 weeks for the part to ship from China, then repeat the process all over again when something unknown went wrong between steps 5 and 21...

11. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

That's the piece that I'm missing from my Prestige RG which sucks because the Edge Zero bridge uses a different kind of block than all the other floating tremolos and it's also discontinued, afaik. But the piece I was talking is the same exact as in this pic:

[​IMG]

I'm not 100% that it's discontinued but at least the newer versions of the guitar that I have (LTD M-400) uses a different kind of bridge. I have to go visit the guitar shop I bought the guitar from next week and hope that they can still order that piece which is actually funny because the same exact saddle that broke today wasn't even the original one. I already replaced the original one once before like 9 years ago.

12. NotDonVito

I got hot sauce in my eye today.

Kaura likes this.
  13. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

selling things, or at least trying to, is starting to piss me off.

Ive already lowered stuff to a stupidly low price and atm only have 1 bite on about 5 different things.
    I have like £700+ worth of stuff up for sale so I want that cash yo.

Mathemagician likes this.
  14. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

I'm actually laughing at this but I'm still pretty mad that this Friday I bought a pick that cost 6 euros a piece as it was supposed to last for months. Well, the tip hasn't wore off at all but after a few light pick scratches the sides are completely fugged. What a rip off. Actually I'm more mad that there's a guitar shop that doesn't sell Jazz III's.

NotDonVito likes this.
  15. NotDonVito

"It's good deal bro, my cousin Vlad use for 6 months not one scratch!"

16. bostjan

https://www.guitarparts.co.nz/floyd...pro-licensed-floyd-rose-low-saddle-black.html

Says they're in stock here.

17. Mathemagician

I'm trying to decide between a budget 6 string hard tail or a budget laptop to replace my $300 2012 Acer. It has survived my wife spilling wine and champagne on separate occasions on the keyboard.

But I really wanna play songs in E and drop D on the same guitar.

First world problems.

18. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

[​IMG]

IT'S THE MIDDLE OF SEPTEMBER WHAT THE BALLS.

19. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Spit juice all over my phone @stevexc

stevexc likes this.
  20. Mathemagician

Where the fuck do you live?