Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I bought a second-hand neo bass cab a while back because I wanted something lighter than what I was previously using. Finally got to try it in a band setting, and I think I fried a speaker on it already. Looked a little closer and I think the guy I got it from had replaced a speaker in it already.... one of the cones is a different color than the others, but not the one that's making crackly noises. Gonna have to take it apart and investigate farther.

AxeHappy likes this.
  2. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Did both my ankle tattoos last night, and now I can barely walk. Slept in my power recliner just so I don't rub them together, and luckily it worked. I knew these days would be tough, but this is not what I expected.

Mathemagician and AxeHappy like this.
  3. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Not trying to risk annihilating your foot again, huh? :lol:

4. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Exactly! Instead I seem to have annihilated one of the speakers. I'm not sure if I should try to order another one from GK (maybe two since it looks like there's one random not-quite-matched speaker in there, but it's not the fried one), or try to replace them all with something a little better. I've seen arguments online though that you can't just replace out speakers without doing a bunch of math/research but I dunno how true that is.

5. Gravy Train

Gravy Train Night Fiddler

My parents are extremely unhappy with each other and it's making them miserable. My mom said she would get a divorce if she had the money. It's very frustrating and depressing because neither of them are happy, but neither of them will bring it up and sit down and try to resolve this (i.e. therapy, separating). They never really talk unless something important has come up or something is wrong within the family.

I feel pretty crappy over the whole thing and I know my four brothers feel the same. Sucks.

6. Leberbs

Leberbs SS.org Regular

I show up to work like any other day. Everything "seems" to be normal - boss dispatches us out on a project, we get in our vans, hit the gas station for fuel and food, and off we go.
    Well, my helper and I get to the site and wait for the owner to unlock the joint. We thank him and start unpacking our tools and material. It isn't uncommon for some things to fall off a shelf or material to slide around the floor during transport, but something was off the second I opened the side door...

Most things in the van belong to the company - I have no control if the boss tells another worker to grab tool XYZ out of it, but I usually get a heads up if that happens. Turns out this wasn't the case. Every power tool was taken out of its case and my duffel bag where I kept the hand tools was gone. We rolled back surveillance footage and there it was - some POS jumped the fence.

With my duffel bag on one shoulder, the thief tries the next 2 vans and hits the one with a broken lock. He sees duffel bag B with a similar set up - drills, bits, handtools, etc. Even though most other vehicles were unlocked, he couldn't carry anymore stuff at this point. He throws both bags over the back fence where street lights have no chance. Our surveillance system is set up to record on motion detection and it was too dark by the fence for the cameras to detect anything. So, the cameras stopped recording and we never see where he went.
    He made off with at least $1k of tools. I had a bunch of personal tools in my van and thankfully they were untouched. I don't know why though.

Oh yea, today is my birthday. The most stressful birthday. Police reports, boss and owner kind of pissed at the whole situation. It sucked a little.

tl;dr - OP accidentally left his van unlocked. Thief jumped the fence and stole out of his and coworkers van.

7. Leberbs

Leberbs SS.org Regular

Pics?

8. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

USPS supposedly picked up a guitar I sold on Monday from the concierge desk at my apartment. USPS shows no record (says pre-shipment, label was created). The apartment has a locked mailroom, the desk is supposed to be manned 24-hours, and they have cameras. Except now they tell me the cameras don't work and they have no idea what happened to it.

9. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Leberbs likes this.
  10. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

seeing just how easy the Racism card is banded around.

Online you will see any video of just 2 people having an argument, or 1 of the 2 being abit of a douche to the other and if it happens to include anyone who isnt white, its instantly racism.

I saw a video of a really rude woman complaining about what look like hispanic women who had cut in a line. She tells them off for line pushing and also says they likely are using tax payers money to buy the items.
    Which is probably true seeing as how many cases of poorer foreign families moving to a better country and wanting financial help,
    but then suddenly in the comments everyone was saying the woman was racist. Yet absolutely no mention of their skin colour etc entered into the argument.

Literally based on the womans gripes, they could have been bright blue and it would not have made any difference.

The idea of just throwing this Racist label around now is pathetic and actually really unfair now on any black or asian people who are GENUINELY on the receiving end of real racism on occasion. They must see some of this crap and just face palm.

11. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I am severely prejudiced toward the eskimo people.

Leberbs and lewis like this.
  12. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

My wife's crazy cousin has returned back into our lives, even if just peripherally......we've worked really hard over the last 20 or so years to have nice things, a good life and populate it with people whose company we trust and really enjoy.

The stuff I could tell you about this woman would make your hair stand on end...she's the worst user I've ever met, and this is coming from a recovering drug addict.

I had to take half a Xanax bar last night just to calm down and be able to sleep....the thought of this woman back in our lives gave me the worst anxiety and rage I've had in years. She's nothing but drama and I'm really not looking forward to dealing with it at ALL.

13. brutalwizard

brutalwizard Pretty Your Petunia

I requested sat, sun, Monday off to catch Jason Richardson one night and plini, dmm another. This requires a 7+ hour drive to Portland. I was givin fri, sat, and Monday off.

Do I just bail? I have been here 3 years and feel a bit shitty for leaving my second family understaffed 5/6 people on a sunday. But am unsure If i will have the opportunity to catch dmm again in my lifetime. And also hosing the group I was supposed to go up with on 1/3 extra the costs.

Lolol I'm just sassy I even have to choose between the 2

14. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

So I just went to put Fifa 17 on to find it completely missing. I only took it out of the PS4 about 2 days ago to watch a Blu Ray. I specifically remembering putting the disc back in its case. But now it seems to have completely vanished.

What a joke.

15. StrmRidr

StrmRidr Hide your Jacksons

It's in the Blu Ray case, I guarantee it.

16. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

No I mean I took Fifa 17 out of my ps4 and put it back in its Fifa 17 Ps4 case then put Avatar in my PS4 and watched it. Fast track to today and I eject Avatar and place that back in its case but suddenly Fifa 17, the disc, case, everything, has completely vanished.

17. steinmetzify

Not gonna say it's aliens but...

lewis likes this.
  18. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

man....
    I think its more likely EA's new tactic. Force you to keep buying because their games disintegrate.

steinmetzify likes this.
  19. steinmetzify

Rofl...sounds like something they'd do.

lewis likes this.
  20. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

Had my neighbour look after my cat, see that it's fed, because I couldn't make it home. She had done that before, always has been fine, but recently she somehow thought it would be a good idea to close all the doors and basically look the cat in corridor and bathroom. With the result of the cat taking a piss in the bathroom the last two times she did that. Told her twice to keep all the fucking doors open. Come home today, the house stinks like hell because that stupid woman shut all the doors and the cat basically wiped everything of all the shelves in the bathroom. Great. It`s not like I have to get up in 5 hours for another 16 hour shift. Or that two of the floor tiles are broken. Or that I don't even have a toothbrush left because mine lies in a mess of broken glass and other stuff... first world problems, fuck yes...

AxeHappy likes this.