Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. MFB

MFB ExBendable

If it's in a parking lot, they should have cameras and someone who can pull up the footage to possibly pull a plate.

2. sezna

sezna undermotivated

We reported it to our university police but they are notorious for not acting. I was going to visit them after work today and tell them exactly which cameras to pull and when just so they actually do it. We have the time frame down to twenty minutes and there is only one road out of the lot.

It was in the morning so whoever it was, it was probably a student, so if we can see what kind of car it is we can actually probably find it around the school somewhere.

We just need the university police to actually do something. :(

3. MFB

MFB ExBendable

I would see if you can get a claim form from her insurance, bring it with you to the campus station and tell them you need that so you can finalize the form; guilt them into actually doing something, because now they're holding up a claim.

4. sezna

sezna undermotivated

Not a bad idea. thanks for the advice. Hopefully we can still get a claim form even if it isn't covered.

5. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

my "neighbour" its a small private parking lot for no idea what. One of the cars there has been firing its alarm (weird as a car with an alarm its pretty weird thing here in Australia, specially on the area I live in). So the alarm consist of *honk*--*honk*-- *honk*-- *honk*-- *honk*-- *honk*-- *honk*-- ..... for a couple of minutes, then shuts up for another couple of minutes of peace, then it starts off again

Lucky I have headphones but its slowly driving me mad. The awesome thing is that now the car is running out of battery lol, so its sounding softer and softer and funnier hahhaha

6. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Anyone that's in central California can commiserate; but we've been hit with a RIDICULOUS heatwave this week. It has literally been 30 degrees hotter every day this week than it was last week. I tried to prepare and treated / cased my guitars last week, but today sure as shit I pick up my Holcomb and find a nice little crack on the 15th fret.

Mad doesn't even begin to cover it.

7. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Traded the Central Valley summers for Ohio winters; and am much happier for it. Everyone local thinks me nuts, but the grass is always greener. My sympathies and condolences. Don't let your dick canoe float too far away on that June river of ball sweat - You have July, August, September, and an October in the 90s to look forward to.

8. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Had a 5150II I thought I was unhappy with.

Bought a Triple Recto because I thought I'd prefer it.

After a few months, I tried my 5150II again.

I prefer it over the Triple Recto.

:squint:

9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

^ Maybe what you don't like is somewhere else? Pickups? Cab?

10. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

The 5150 is an iconic Hi-gain amplifier. The triple recto is a dark amp and also needs to be opened up to get a full tone, due to the shear power of the amp.

I love my dual recto, but sometimes I wish Mesa had made a single recto with similar options, just so I could push things a little closer to saturation without making everyone's ears bleed in the process.

11. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

^ At a recent jam, the other guitarist insisted on cranking the bajeezus out of his triple since he's made the realization that it sounds better the louder it gets, and I had to crank my amp louder than I've ever had it to keep up. To make things worse, I had to sit down because my foot is currently broken, which put me that much closer to ear-level with the cabs, and it's a tiny basement room to begin with. All I could hear was HIGH GAIN and a little bit of snare+cymbals cutting through. Wasn't super pleased.

Edit: I guess "cranking the bajeezus" on a triple means anything higher than a "1" or whatever it shows on that dial. :lol: Sweet jebus those things are loud.

12. MikeH

MikeH Bring the gain

I just missed Eyehategod and Negative Approach in San Antonio because I'm deployed to Afghanistan. :rant:

13. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

People just aren't accepting of Taylor Swift ushering in a new generation of guitar heroes. It hurts.

14. Science_Penguin

Science_Penguin SS.org Regular

Finally decided to lurk through the Taylor Swift thread, and found it went exactly the direction I suspected it would. I hate it when I'm right.

15. squids

squids .

Ew. had to look after i saw this. i'm getting pretty tired of feminism.

My grandfather was out walking his little yorkie dog, and a loose pitbull started walking over towards them. my grandpa picked up his dog and turned to go back home, and the pitbull pulled the little dog, by it's neck, out of his arms, and ran down the street with it, until someone kicked the pitbull which made it drop the dog. i was 30 minutes away but drove like a psycho to get there and take the dog to an emergency vet. during this time, i called animal control, which was CLOSED and wouldn't take voicemails but only fax reports (who has a fucking fax machine anymore). i then called animal control for the neighboring city who quickly agreed to help find the loose pitbull while i handled my family's dog.
    later on, animal control called me back after finding the dog, telling me that they had found it's owner and that the owner wanted to talk to me. i met up with the guy, who then proceeded to yell at me because now he had to put his dog down, and somehow this was my problem. i told him that if he didn't reimburse me for the emergency vet bills (which put me out around 3k), i would sue him for everything he owned (the pitbull had bitten my grandfather in the process of taking the dog). not only did he agree right away, but the rest of the communication i've had with him, he has shown no emotion about his dog. i'm pretty sure he was just training it for fighting, and nothing makes me angrier than someone that cares more about an "investment" than a "pet", but this whole situation has made me a pissed off mess all week.

16. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

That sucks about your grandpas dog. And the pitbull owner sounds like a shit person tbh.

17. Science_Penguin

Science_Penguin SS.org Regular

I'm fine with feminism. What I'm tired of is people doing it wrong and the subsequent backlash against them.

Just one more facet of modern politics that makes me want to shove my head in the sand... on the Gulf Coast... as close to the old BP oil rig as I can get...

18. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau ESP obsessed

So I was in a lot of pain for the whole week because of a toothache from a broken tooth that got infected. Went to the dentist, got painkillers and antibiotics to fight the infection, got a rendez-vous to get the tooth pulled out next week. Everything was cool untill yestersay morning. I woke up with half of my face extremely bloated. I thought I had a bad reaction to the meds and went to see a doctor. It was painful as fuck. Turns out the antibiotics didn't do jack shit and the infection spread quickly through half of my face overnight. Got an emergency draining and I have to wear a automatic pump that injects me antibiotics in my arm twice a day. Can't play guitar and I am confined at home untill the doc says it's ok.

At least I'm getting better and I'm not in pain anymore. My face turned mostly back to normal and I can eat again. I also get to take care of my friend's dogs while he's on a roadtrip. These buddies sure give me good company. Can't wait to play guitar again!

19. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Man that sucks, dude. At least it seems to be cleaning up relatively quickly, if nothing else.
    Reminds me of last year when I had mono for about a week before I got my antibiotics, only to find out that I was now suddenly incredibly allergic to cillins. Kind of reminds you that medical science is still not an exact science :lol:

20. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

Because I'm stuck in the 7th circle of hell known as fast food.