Why are you mad right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Wow this post is way too real for me.
    Oh to be in school again.

2. bubingaisgod

bubingaisgod SS.org Regular

That's the modern day social structure we have created by living most of our lives in social media. The great ignore trait has reared head, and it's not ok. I know some legendary ignorers, and I have cut ties with all of them. My friends are all reasonable and logical people now :nuts:

3. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

Pretty much all this.

4. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

If I might be fair, I ended up speaking with the person who bailed this last time, and I won't get into it on the internet, but there was a good reason and I got a legit apology anyway.

Would a quick message have still averted my bad mood? Probably. But life happens. All is well for now.

5. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

Locally I live in a musical black hole, so it's hard to sell my gear. Have a Peavey 5150II marked down to like $400 and no one is still biting. :squint:

6. ThePIGI King

ThePIGI King Death Will Reign

I'll one-up you. I went into a music store locally and asked if they had any 8 stringers, and the manager was stunned that such a thing even existed.

7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

^ I used to think all stores were like that. I just assumed that people who worked in music stores didn't know there was more out there than Fender guitars and country music. And I (sort of) live in the fourth largest (I think) city in the country.

8. Kaura

Kaura SS.org Regular

More freaked out than mad since a wasp size of my thumb just flew in. Managed to get it out.

Must. build. mosquito. net. on. the. window. :ugh:

9. chassless

chassless Don'tDeserveMyGuitar

i want to renew my passport so i can travel by late september, but it seems like i can't take an appointment until the month of ramadan is out... i sure hope i'm mistaken and it's not the case

10. OmegaSlayer

OmegaSlayer SS.org Regular

I'm mad because there's no Twin Peaks season 3 thread on 7string

11. chassless

chassless Don'tDeserveMyGuitar

^ better that way. i didn't get the time to start the new season yet, and spoilers and all.

12. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I just got off the phone with customer service with a vendor for my employer. We purchased a very expensive instrument from them and it was completely DOA. It took me a week to get an RMA, which took me a total of nearly eight hours on hold on the phone with tech support, and then I was told that if I overnighted them the instrument, they could have it back in my hands in a week, working. I shipped it out last Wednesday. I called yesterday for a status report and was told that they never got the package, despite UPS showing early morning delivery the day after I mailed it. Today, they confirmed that the box is sitting in receiving collecting dust. The end of my conversation with the customer service guy:

13. sezna

sezna undermotivated

Not mad but...
    I know it is entirely possible to make a killer record on an ibby gio and a pod farm. Why must I wake up every day GASing for a Mayones or a strandberg or some other ridiculously expensive guitar and nuke my bank account on a monthly basis? How do you magnificent people prevent yourselves from excessive gear acquisition?

and why is everything related to musical gear centered around marketing? youtube music channels lately are almost completely gear promotion and barely anything about writing or actual musical content. :/

14. sezna

sezna undermotivated

^^ bostjan, reading that convo made my blood boil.

15. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Because big brands now that new gear is a commodity and not a necessity, and because everyone's competing for your $$$, they have to be marketing all the time in all the places. Realistically, for say a pedalboard - you need a tuner, boost, reverb, and that covers the main ones, with stuff like phaser, wah, delay, etc being for flair. Now look at how many variation of those same 6 pedals there are. If you buy one brand's, that means there are X amount of other ones not moving and sitting there collecting dust on a shelf taking up inventory and costing someone money.

It's all about moving product because the musical world has FAR more options than it really needs

16. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Got a bit of a story- not sure if this goes under 'mad' or 'sad', but there's definitely elements of both:

So I had a show on Saturday, on the Quebec side, that didn't have a great turnout. I can live with that. A gear-sharing conversation had been started and guitar cabs were being covered, so my plan was to roll in with just my guitar and V:25 lunchbox amp, and basically have zero real gear issues. On the day of the show they still hadn't decided who was going to bring a bass cab- apparently, out of the four bands, none of them owned any decent bass gear other than us, and our other guitarist was already bringing a guitar cab out for everyone. So somehow, I got roped into bringing my bass cab for everyone, despite not playing bass at this show. The show went ok, in terms of our performance. Monitors had vocals only in them, so we made a bunch of mistakes but I don't think anyone noticed or cared. On the way back, I convinced the actual bassist in our band to come back and help me carry the cab back up the stairs, since it lives on the second floor usually.

Here's where things go from meh to terrible- I got home first and figured I'd preemptively remove the cab from my SUV so that when the other guy arrived, we'd just have to tackle the stair quickly then he could go home. I've done the whole deal, stairs included, without help before, so I wasn't worried about it. This is an 8x8 cab, with a couple of wheels so you can cart it around. I managed to slide the cab out so that the wheels touched the ground, but instead of standing it up, the wheels kept going, and the rest of the cab landed flat on my right foot. So I jumped, and screamed a bit, and punched the side of the car. Buddy showed up and we finished loading the cab in, and I managed to park the car back in it's usual spot, but clearly I had done some damage.

I text my sister, since she's used to dealing with broken bones (long story short, my niece has brittle bone syndrome), and I'm told I can probably wait since the doc probably won't do much, and it's 1am. I try to get some sleep, but by 4am, the pain is super piercing and I can't sleep through it, so I call my parents for a ride to the emergency room. X-rays are taken, and the first thing the doc says when he comes back is "yeah, you did a number on that thing". The short of it is, after a bunch of xrays, a lot of waiting, two doctors and an intern, I'm basically given a bunch of morphine and sent home. The one bone that should be the end of my big toe was broken into three pieces, and there's a small fragment broken off the knuckle. No surgery needed, just need to let it heal, but it means no driving, and very little walking for the next few weeks. I can walk if I only put weight on the outer side of my foot but it's awkward. I could probably drive this way, but it would be super dangerous so I'm not going to do that.

Tomorrow is going to be a huge challenge - we're opening for Weedeater, and I don't want to cancel the show. I've got a guy who's basically going to do all the driving, lifting, setup, etc. for me, and I'm just going to show up, bring something to sit on stage, then probably go home immediately after the set. It's gonna be.... something....

:lol: :wallbash:

17. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Man, no good deed goes unpunished I guess :( Best of luck with the show still.

My thing to be mad about is a bit more general...
    When the kids finally sleep (I've been putting them to sleep almost exclusively for the last 6 months or so), I park my ass on the couch next to the wife. And she sleeps! Every fucking evening.

Lately she has also insisted on watching Sex and the City and Cold Feet which are on right after one another at ten, and she sleeps. If I change channel, she opens her eyes and complains that her show isn't on. I put it back on, and she sleeps again. If I try to cuddle, she gets pissed of and tells me to let her sleep. Then I tell her to go to bed, she gets really annoyed but still keeps sleeping. Then after midnight, after reminding her several times, she finally comes to bed with me.

I guess it's a quite silly thing to be mad about, but it's driving me crazy :wallbash: I don't even mind watching shows I don't like, but I need my cuddling time back.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  18. avinu

avinu SS.org Regular

I hate trying to find a vocalist. It's way too fvcking hard. You would think the internet would make things easier...huff.

19. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Thanks. Todaaaaay is the day. I'm mildly worried that it'll be hard to keep people away from my foot, but we'll see how it goes... :S

20. sezna

sezna undermotivated

My friend is not from the states (from asia) and her knowledge of the systems we have in place like car insurance is not tip top. As students, none of us can afford very good car insurance, either. Someone hit her car (that she worked and saved up for) in the parking lot last night and didn't leave a note. Bumper came clean off. Not covered. I get the crying phone call during my lunch break.

Spent all day after work yesterday parts hunting and learning how to install a bumper on a Prius, and we are ordering the parts today. I was mad about the idiot who hit her and ran, but the amount of nice people I encountered throughout the day offering to help in various ways made me slightly less angry (the dealership gave me a list of the parts and recommended some third party retailers since their service is so expensive). But still. People suck.