Why are you happy right now?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Faine, Apr 18, 2012.

1. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Received the best blowjob ever in the sauna yesterday. Having your dick sucked + a couple of glasses of wine + sauna at ~80°C is pretty much the most relaxing thing I can imagine :lol:

2. broj15

broj15 SS.org Regular

After not being in a band/not playing with other musicians for almost 4 months I finally had my first practice with a new band tonight. Strangely enough it already consisted of 2/4 of my old band plus the drummer of another local act that we were super good friends and played tons of shows with. It's also the first band I've played bass in since highschool. I'm actually really proud of myself cuz I was able to learn all the bass parts and write a few of my own in one 2 hour practice. It's good thing I did to cuz our first show is next Saturday and it's gonna be a big one. We'll be the local support for Portrayal Of Guilt from texas (blackened hardcore), who just had the repress of thier debut EP put out by DEATHWISH INC! And Stye who are one of the best powerviolence/grind bands in the Midwest right now. It's also super fun cuz it's a style of music I've never played in a band before (ffo: drive like jehu, fugazi, shellac, Sonic youth, etc).

Tl;Dr: I'm finally playing music again with some of the best musicians I know, whom I also dearly care about, and I couldn't be more excited. I forgot how much I loved this stuff.

3. vilk

vilk Very Regular

McDonald's wont make me a cheeseburger in the morning?

Fine. I'll have a steak & cheese mcmuffin (which is a quarter-pounder patty with onions if you didn't know), add ketchup, mustard, pickles.

Looks like I'm the winner.

Mathemagician and steinmetzify like this.
  4. AxeHappy

AxeHappy SS.org Regular

My union just voted, "yes," (75%) on our new contract.

Which happens to make me a full time employee. I've technically been, "temporary, part-time, Casual," for the past year and a half.

It's not like I wasn't getting 40+ (regularly 50+ and 60 wasn't unheard of) hours a week already, but the stable schedule and accruing vacation time, and paying into the pension, are quite nice.

Small raise (up 2% across 4 years) is nice too, but not nearly as nice as having a set schedule from week to week. And being able to say what overtime I'm willing to work instead of being called all fucking hours of every fucking day/night. Although a supervisor did call me, during the union meeting to ratify the new contract, for an AM shift tomorrow (would have had to be up at 3:40) after working a shift today-this evening and then staying late to bail them out when another driving needed to leave early.

BlackMastodon, p0ke and Dayn like this.
  5. Dayn

Dayn silly person

It's music-related, but I'm particularly happy right now because I co-opted Rob Scallon's Fmaj9 open tuning, by simply tuning it half a step down to Emaj9.

It's forcing me to think way outside my comfort zone, but most importantly, it's made me be creative in a major key. I've always wanted to write a lot of happy (yet still heavy) music, but always tended to revert to a minor key. Something about standard made major sound so saccharine, but open Emaj9 is so vibrant. I think it has something to do with the 1-3-5 cluster on the bottom and the 9-5-7 cluster on top. The open tunings I used in the past tended to flip that, having a power chord on the bottom, so it's sounding quite airy now. This is really exciting and I can't wait to write something awesome for it.

Mathemagician likes this.
  6. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Decided to cut my days off from 2 down to 1.....just really feel the need to work and get bored as hell on my 2nd day off.

Kind of lame as far as being creative with guitar and other music, but haven't felt that creative lately anyway and trying to force it isn't working. Might as well take the $ instead of sitting around typing on guitar forums.

Mathemagician likes this.
  7. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I misread “days” as “legs.”

The system I settled on is basically this: I only fart around on guitar forums while on the company clock - I’m simply not allowed to visit ss.org unless I’m being paid to. I’ve also incorporated diarrhea, liquor, and masturbation into this approach, with varying success.

steinmetzify likes this.
  8. Daeniel

Daeniel 7string n00b!

Got a rad new apartment, with a room reserved for fun - guitars, comics, books... and in the near future hopefully a cool beamer :D amazing!

AxeHappy likes this.
  9. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I've legit gotten feedback at work saying I spend too much time on this site (and one or two others). I ended up setting up a proxy that blocks a bunch of stuff, including this site, during the peak hours of the day as an attempt to boost productivity. Sadly, it does kinda work.

10. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

Did you try explaining your beef with PRS to them?

11. naw38

naw38 SS.org Regular

Going camping with my girlfriend over the weekend! I've been stuck in the city for the last what, four or five years and have barely seen the stars let alone a fern or a waterfall, so I am ridiculously pumped for this. Also no kids to disturb us for at least 24 hours is a massive fucking bonus.

12. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel K-U-N-fusion!

Almost a month after getting my LTD Viper 200b baritone, I still love it every bit as much as the day I got it...just sitting here jamming some riffs, and it sounds and plays so good, I had to get on here and post about it. :lol:

13. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

cause drinking