Why are tRump hotels touting holiday savings instead of christmas savings?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Explorer, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    I seem to recall someone saying that once he's head of an organization, he would impose a policy from the top where it wouldn't be about vague holidays, but instead about christmas.

But he hasn't done so in the organization which he already heads.

That tough-guy assertion is looking like another off-the-cuff lie from Trump.

Your thoughts?

2. asher

asher So Did We

3. High Plains Drifter

High Plains Drifter SS.org Regular

My thoughts-

They all spew hollow empty statements in order to make themselves sound good for whatever current hyped-up media "event"... but it's simply to garner support, sympathy or votes... not because they really have any genuine interest in carrying-through with these proposals, promises, or general statements.

If their lips are moving... more than likely they are lying and completely insincere. Politicians, wealthy elite, corporate shills... all of 'em.

I'm never shocked because I never believe.

4. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Because his base is composed of two parts:
    - Businessmen like him, generally 1 percenters.
    - "Republican Or Die" Murricans.

His political rhetoric is for the benefit of the latter, while his business is for the benefit of the former. Because let's face it, the latter could NEVER afford to stay at a Trump hotel. That ....'s expensive.

5. Eliguy666

Eliguy666 V's are Just Better

I think Trump might actually mean the things he says. He's evil/unwound enough for it.

I mean, he's got allegations of sexual assault against him from an ex-wife, he's responded positively to his supporters committing acts of racial violence, he can't shut up about wanting to f*ck his daughter.

6. JeffFromMtl

JeffFromMtl Уродливый, но честны

He's the same guy who said that if everyone at the Eagles of Death Metal show in Paris had been been strapped, the terrorist attack would have been stopped. I'm pretty sure every single asinine thing he says or does is strictly for his own personal/economic/political benefit. I don't see why anyone should expect an ounce of integrity out of a guy like that.

7. Konfyouzd

Konfyouzd Dread-I Master Contributor

This...

8. Explorer

I'm not going to add the hash, but it's funny that even now, his properties are using trumpholidays for promotion.

Fvck that guy.

9. Church2224

Church2224 Guitar Whore

If you listen to a good portion of what he says it defies all logic and reason and is completely insane. Even most experienced Conservatives I know hate him.

However, I do see why people like him. I have watched him and he does have something people like: Charisma, and Confidence in what he says. People like that in leadership. For that reason people will cling onto what ever he says. And that scares the hell out of me...

As a professor once told me, anyone with that amount of charisma cannot be trusted.

10. TRENCHLORD

TRENCHLORD Banned

11. Explorer

Fortunately for the Democrats, their candidates have never justified fascistic violence against freedom of speech.

I pointed out in your topic devoted to that link, the fact that the article supported neither the headline, nor your unsupported claims of hypocrisy and bigotry. I'm glad I could point those problems to you.

I don't think there is an Obama/Clinton doctrine of justifying the beating of people using their right under the Constitution to freedom of speech. That seems more like a fascist doctrine, so it's hard to imagine such a person deciding to follow the left when preaching against other faiths and viewpoints.

Cheers!

12. Explorer

Just wanted to note that trump the capitalist is still declaring war on christmas by talking about holidays, even after trump the candidate was insisting that he prevent other capitalists from saying "holidays" instead of "christmas."

https://www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/674617775697055744

I also notice that trump the capitalist is still engaging in business ventures in muslim countries, giving comfort to the enemies of trump the candidate.

He really can't remember his pandering comments from one day to the next, can he?

13. BigBaldIan

BigBaldIan Bald and gribbly.

Although watching him slowly lose the plot regarding an offshore wind farm spoiling the view from his Aberdeenshire hotel/golf course is pretty epic:

Alex Salmond brands Trump 'loser' after judges reject windfarm appeal | Environment | The Guardian

I quote and this is with regard to Alex Salmond by the way: “Does anyone care what this man thinks? He’s a hasbeen and totally irrelevant. The fact that he doesn’t even know what’s going on in his own constituency says it all ... He should go back to doing what he does best: unveiling pompous portraits of himself that pander to his already overinflated ego.”

14. pwsusi

pwsusi SS.org Regular

Fortunately for the Democrats, their candidates have never justified fascistic violence against freedom of speech.

“There’s something different about what happened from Charlie Hebdo, and I think everybody would feel that, there was a sort of particularized focus and perhaps even a legitimacy in terms of – not a legitimacy, but a rationale that you could attach yourself to somehow and say, okay, they’re really angry because of this and that.”

- John Kerry

15. asher

asher So Did We

Being able to empathize and understand what might drive someone to do something != providing justification. They're two separate things; the feeling and the action.

16. Eliguy666

Exactly. I understand white supremacy/sexism/homophobia/transphobia/etc. I don't endorse it, I never will, and I find it morally reprehensible on every level and damaging to all things which make human life beautiful, but I understand it.

17. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

I think it's safe to say that politicians, as a rule (and I don't necessarily mean people in politics) are out for immediate short term gain. They're not particularly concerned about what they really believe, whether they will be caught in a lie, or whether what they're saying will cause any long term harm or good. Which sucks, because that's the stuff that we all want them to be considering.

18. Explorer

pwsusi, was that really the best you could do, a quote where a Democrat even corrected away from the idea that someone's violent ideas were legitimate?

This is how it's done:

At a recent trump rally, as protesters were removed, trump's upstanding supporters helped eject a Black lives Matter protester, accompanied by yells such as "Light the motherf****r on fire!" and "Seig heil!" (the latter a Nazi salute, in case you didn't know).

I can't imagine such happening at a Clinton or Obama or Sanders event without some repudiation from those three. Trump has a different game plan than those three.

Now see, pwsusi, that's a way to point out how a party has fascistic violence bubbling below the surface, not an immediate taking back of a word because it implied legitimacy for violence against freedom of speech.

What will likely make it hard for you is that there isn't a clear situation on the left which matches this stuff on the right.

----

Here's a question which might put your difficulty in finding examples into perspective: How many repubiclan candidates have openly either met with, or attended events organized by, people who want gay Americans killed because they are gay, or who hate gays and openly insult them and their supporters?

Rep to you if you stand up and honestly take that challenge.

If you decide it's not something you want to know or acknowledge, at least you can learn that about yourself, so that also is a win.

19. Explorer

BTW, i like that not one person who wanted to show trump in a better light was able to do more than claiming (while ultimately failing in the claim) that others were engaging in the same thing.

Anyone want to make a supported case that trump's readily apparent inconsistency is anything other than either pandering, or trump living in a mental construct where he can believe two inconsistent and mutually exclusive things simultaneously?

20. Eliguy666

Well, I think he believes what he says sincerely and that he's just an evil person. Is evil a defect?