Why are sevens with tremolos hard to come by?

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by WintermintP, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Because we're in Canada, I wouldn't recommend Agile. IIRC, Agile's warranty only applies to guitars purchased from within the continental US. Still though, a used RG7620 or RG1527 should be within your budget.

AxeHappy likes this.
  2. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

yeah if you can get lucky you should get a decent Ibanez on ebay or reverb. I have a 1999 MIJ RG7620 w/lo pro and that thing stays in tune with crazy whammy stuff...all for I think $450.

AxeHappy likes this.
  3. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

You'll have to

1. buy a used prestige

2. settle for something of a slightly lower quality like agile

3. be that guy that has unreasonable specs for their budget and complains about it al day because everyone deserves to have a headless Multiscale guitar goddamit ( no names )

anyhow, specs for guitars these days are way more diverse then they were 5 years ago...you might just have to settle for them being made in Asia.

schecter sun valley 7

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...r-shredder-7-iii-with-floyd-rose-aurora-burst

899 new

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  4. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

now that you mention it, Idk how it is buying in Canada but I would say Schecter is your best bet if you want new, I've seen some decent guitars for just over $1k or below

5. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

AxeHappy and The906 like this.
  6. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Still might clock in at like 1150ish in Canada money guy!!!

Also I think the real problem here is OP bemoaning the fact that no guitars with trems are below 2k CAD, then went many are pointed out he changes his budget to 1k, and I want name brand pickups too.

So real problem is saving is hard... which we all know and agree with.

AkiraSpectrum and Mathemagician like this.
  7. TheKindred

TheKindred TimeTravel Innovator

seriously ... buy used

I get 1527's all day for around $800-1200 (and that's in cdn funds)

xzacx and AxeHappy like this.
  8. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

Yup, $1150 CAD:

https://www.lamusic.com/products/1278

If the OP is looking for a new 7 with aftermarket pickups and a floating trem then they will have to pay $1080-$1300.

https://www.lamusic.com/products/2916170545
    https://www.lamusic.com/products/2916171522

Did find one for $850:
    https://www.lamusic.com/products/jackson-slatxmg3-7-soloist-2916271568

9. WintermintP

WintermintP Lead/Rhythm Guitar, One Minute Winter

Okay, let me clarify some stuff real quick.

The reason why I brought up Aftermarket pickup brands has to do with the shape of the housing mostly. I care little if the pickups are stock, because the first thing anyone does is swap them out anyway, but at that point, I would have to pray that the guitar is cheap enough so that I can afford getting the pickups swapped. Again it's not to say that I want a guitar with EMGs already installed per se (although I've already said I'm a fan of the active tone), and I could make do with a housing that doesn't fit EMG pickups and then I could maybe look into the CrunchLab/LiquiFire at that point, but I just couldn't come up with the words to actually describe my needs properly.

Getting a guitar used is not a bad suggestion by any means, but those things disappear so fast. That being said, I'll consider looking into Reverb a little more, but for the time being, I'd like to see what options there are other than Ibanez models. I'm not saying Ibanez models are bad by any means, because I love shred-oriented necks, but Ibanez and Jackson necks are just a little too thin for me, so I'm looking for something just slightly beefier. Just enough that it's not painful to play barre chords though. That's not to say Ibanez models are out of the question, and they're still on the table. There's a really high chance I might go for a used Ibanez anyway if things get real dicey.

WintermintP

EDIT: I just looked through Reverb regarding used Ibanez models and... anything below $1K still has Hardtail. Even some of the guitars above that range has Hardtail. Just as I feared.

(sigh)

You know what? Forget it, I'm just going to try and save up for a Dingwall instead or something.

EDIT: https://reverb.com/item/13001550-schecter-diamond-series-v-7
    Okay, I found ^ this ^ although it's going to need quite some work... the only matter is figuring out how to get the tremolo repaired because it seems broken but I might be able to make something happen with it.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  10. Malevolent_Croatian

Malevolent_Croatian SS.org Regular

I miiiiiiiiiiight have an Agile Interceptor 727 (bolt-on neck with cepheus active pups) or an Ibby RG1527 up for sale soon. Can let ya know soon if you want?

11. exo

exo SS.org Regular

654D6B48-EAAB-4970-8E93-29D5019D599F.jpeg
    My aforementioned ESP/LTD H-1007FR. Also, comfortable neck profile, but definitely thicker/rounder than the stereotypical Ibby or Jackson neck.

Seriously, dude.....just keep an eye out for a used one of these or an Agile. They should EASILY fit the bill, but given your circumstances, some patience will be required.

AkiraSpectrum likes this.
  12. WintermintP

You're in Toronto? It's going to be a tough way there, but I'll discuss with my mum to see if we can make it. I started to think about this a bit more, though, and money might still be tight because I also have other things to take care of.

Depending on the price I really might take you up on the Agile actually.

WintermintP

13. Malevolent_Croatian

The Agile would be most likely like....350 with the baritone case, 300 without (i can still use the case lol).

I can let you know for sure by friday or saturday. I'm not in any rush or need to sell so whatever you decide is good with me. I'm not even putting them on kijiji cause I don't wanna deal with it haha.

14. WintermintP

You know what? SWEET! I'll let my mum know about this deal and if I get the greenlight we'll get to Toronto. Just give us until the end of August.

WintermintP

15. AkiraSpectrum

AkiraSpectrum SS.org Regular

#1 Hopefully you can work out a deal with Malevolent_Croatian.
    #2 I wouldn't get that Schecter V-7. Large shipping cost and you'll likely have to pay duty on it since its international.
    #3 The new Schecter Sun Valley 7 was recommended a few posts back and it is within your price range. The neck will likely be more comfortable for you than the Jackson's or Ibanez's. If your deal with M_C doesn't work out then I'd look at this guitar.

16. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

17. A-Branger

A-Branger SS.org Regular

18. Malevolent_Croatian

Sounds good. Contact me whenever in August we'll figure something out. Guitar is in excellent condition btw., better than the RG1527.

And yeah, you got a confirmation from me. Even though I grew to like it more recently, I have enough axes with my preferred scale length (25.5") that it won't hurt too much hahah. Not even done with Agile after this, still have my Valkyrie which has over time become one of my favourites, never selling that one. :D

19. WintermintP

@TonyFlyingSquirrel Two problems with the guitars you posted.

1. the first guitar is $450 and there's already a user here who's selling his Agile for less money
    2. the other one is $500 USD and it doesn't even have a tremolo

WintermintP