Who's in a gigging band?

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by noodles, Apr 12, 2006.

Are you in a gigging band.

1. Hell yeah I am! \mm/

403 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

121 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. In between bands at the moment.

51 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. I rock my bedroom every night!

105 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. neoclassical

neoclassical FENRISMAW

Petty obsessions. If this is heaven, how bad is he
    Deathsmadrigal and I are in Fenrismaw Fenrismaw on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads. We've been getting more and more gigs and put out an EP. From this month into May we're playing out every weekend. We're going to be opening for Warbringer, Operatica, Wretched, and Rose Funeral and for some of the gigs we've been moved from first act to 2nd (woot!).

2. victim5150

victim5150 SS.org Regular

I play in a band called Victim. We've been together since 91' when I joined my senior year of high school almost 20 years ago. Man, where has the time gone? We are an original hard rock band but also have a cover set we can do so we can play at different venues other than just hard rock clubs. We play out 2-3 times a month. We have a show at The Hawgs of Texas bike rally next weekend opening up for Three Dog Night. Woohoo! I think we'll close our set with some Drowning Pool to lead into them. Ha!

You can check out our original stuff at: www.myspace.com/victimrocks

3. imprinted

imprinted SS.org Regular

I play bass in a few bands, one with Sora01 from this here boards called Entrosolet (myspace.com/entrosolet), not quite ready to gig yet though. Darren's mean and keeps giving me stuff that's really hard to play! :p

Also play in a band called Element106 (myspace.com/e106) that has been around in various incarnations for about 10 years but this lineup has been on the go for 2.5years.

An offshoot of that is called Cyclops with the lead guitarist on Drums, Rhythm Guitarist doing guitars and Vocals, I'm still on bass and another guy's in for Lead Guitar.

Also play guitar in a 3 piece industrial band with a female vocalist and a synth player.

Neither of the last two bands really practice very often so I don't think they really count.

4. Kibb

Kibb SS.org Regular

I play for a Prog/metalcore band(few months old,) from India(Metal scene is growing here)! Been gigging quite frequently! Nothing up on Myspace as of now as we are currently recording in the studio for our debut EP. Till then you guys (if you wanna :p) can check out some of our live gig videos up on youtube!

YouTube - PhobiaTheBand's Channel

Cheers!

5. troyguitar

troyguitar SS.org Regular

6. Vairocarnal

Vairocarnal ...is something.

7. sgswimmer

sgswimmer Banned

I dont play in a band!! but i do rock out with my C*&% out in my room every night

(not literally of course)

this fall I'm moving to the twin cities to go to mcnally smith college of music for a bachelor degree in guitar performance!!

i am always down to meet new people and play with new people. i find it fun as hell!

i play a seven string JPmm, i love anything that is progressive (i.e Dream Theater, Opeth, The band 3, Periphery, Zappa, etc)

8. TCOH5246

TCOH5246 SS.org Regular

I play in The Curse Of Hail (link in sig), and we usually play out once a month. We used to play a lot of local shows but have since only done National and a few bigger local shows. We are busy recording some tunes, then playing a few more shows, and hopefully tour/record this summer.

9. LeeMD

LeeMD SS.org Regular

i play in MARTYR DEFILED.

I <3 touring, i </3 staying at home, its boring D:

go have a sneaky peek at one of our singles from our debut album released though SOAR!

10. Mehl Meinhardt

Mehl Meinhardt ABYSMAL FATE

ABYSMAL FATE is out of redwood city California, we specialize in a hybrid of metal styles resulting in creative and original music. We have been playing locally for about 6 months now and building a good following. Next step is a good sounding demo or full CD.

www.reverbnation.com/abysmalfate

www.myspace.com/abysmalfate

currently looking for a new bass player hint hint

11. Soubi7string

Soubi7string WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP

12. blackrobedone

blackrobedone SS.org Regular

Nice to see some familiar names on the list.
    I play guitar in Monstrosity, the Florida death metal legends. :cool:
    Also, Chaos Inception and Quinta Essentia and Temple of Blood, all 3 with CDs and based out of Huntsville, Alabama. I'm also jamming with Thom Mathews who is a sick shredder and has a few CDs out and has a couple endorsements.
    I would also consider myself the guitar and amp tech for all those bands as you won't find them on any of the forums and they're all pretty much noobs when it comes to taking care of and tweaking their gear.:nono:
    Touring can suck but it's great to play bigger shows to appreciative fans. It's quite a contrast to go from co-headlining an open air fest in Mexico City for 2000 people (with Monstrosity) to a week later playing at a dive in Florence, Alabama with about 20 people (with Chaos Inception).

13. Soubi7string

Soubi7string WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP

I just shat myself

14. chaiulud

chaiulud oldfart

...I don't see much non-metal on SS.org...NOT that I have a problem with that.

I currently play in Bob Gnarley And The Gnailers, a hard rock/funk/idunnowat? 5 piece out of San Antonio.

Most of us came from early local speed/thrash/hardcore bands from back in the 80's and 90's (yes, I am fyscking old).

Current gig is a lot of fun, we started out with two bassists (I played octaves up or down from the main bassist, played high leads, non unison counterpoint bits, even funk guitar type lines above his steady rhythm. Short story he bailed, we added a second guitar, and started getting heavier. We'll never be djent heavy (that's at home on the Mac, with my RG2228) but we've got some heavy stuff...somewhere along the lines of FNM or Black Sabbath.

You can find some demos (couple of years old, due to lineup changes, what a surprise) out on Myspace and on Soundcloud.

15. Tomo009

Tomo009 SS.org Regular

Wow really? That is awesome.

16. hutchman

hutchman El' Lamo

I play in a band called Elysian. Been gigging since Feb 2010. Played about 30 shows in the last 11 months. Just got off a tour. Travel alot. Lot more shows comin'. Lovin it.........:shred::metal::hbang:

17. Semi-pro

Semi-pro SS.org Regular

I'm currently only gigging with Lithuria (check the sig), but i'm dying to get this other band off the gound too. We've got some songs, but not enough yet to play a full set...

18. ghostred7

ghostred7 Banned

Have a band, would love to be gigging, but our "singer" (term used loosely) is having serious timing issues and the new bassist we have is so green that he's having a problem learning simple stuff like Judas Priest :-/

19. MesaENGR412

MesaENGR412 #3 Forever

Been in a gigging band since 2003, signed to a label since 2009, and have been touring since Feb. of last year. Been on 2 full US tours, and a couple other smaller regional tours, and have another full US tour coming up next month. Band is in my siggy.:shred:

-AJH

20. robare99

robare99 SS.org Regular

I'm in a cover band. But hey, I'm old, 41. Back in the day (late 80's early 90's) it was hard to record, and you could make a decent buck in a cover band. These days we play to an older crown, mainly hmmmmm private parties for lack of a better term I guess.

We play everything from country to classic and newer rock, depending on the crowd. I'm by no means a country guy, but I can follow along with the best of them. It's fun, and I enjoy playing. $200/man/gig works for me.

;)