Who's in a gigging band?

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by noodles, Apr 12, 2006.

Are you in a gigging band.

1. Hell yeah I am! \mm/

403 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

121 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. In between bands at the moment.

51 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. I rock my bedroom every night!

105 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. Dylanvoy

Dylanvoy SS.org Regular

Im in a Gigging band from South Jersey. Vale Of Years. we go hard every show. we play 2-3 times a month and are releasing our EP this summer come see us if you live in the area. check us out www.facebook.com/valeofyears

2. Tyler

Tyler SS.org Regular

You can check out my sig but we've been booking a lot of shows recently and have a tour coming up soon if we play our cards right.

3. VBCheeseGrater

VBCheeseGrater not quite a shredder

I play in Grind Method

We play around 2-3 times a month, been gigging for maybe 7 months. We are on a nice upward trajectory locally at the moment so it's alot of fun. Lots of Hard Rock/Metal covers and a few originals.

4. spadz93

spadz93 SS.org Regular

I am the old lead guitarist/new vocalist for From the Depths. I am in the same band as "Tones" on here. Link to our page below. We took a big break from shows to write more music for an album, make some lineup changes, and just breathe. We're starting again at the end of the month and are probably gonna be booking a ton of shows. I am also going in to record vocals today for one of our new songs for the album

5. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I play the guitar in this folk/melodic metal band called Athellagon since late 2011, and we finally played our first gig a couple of days ago, at the funeral of our local metal bar Keikkamesta.

Unfortunately our vocalist lost her voice completely the day before, so we were forced to play instrumentally, but since our playtime was only around 15-20 minutes, we decided to do it anyway.

We didn't use our own gear (other than the keyboards) due to the tight schedule - something like 20 bands in 8 hours or so - so I missed the pedal a few times when changing from clean to distortion, but other than that I think it went really well. You can tell we were a bit nervous though, we played the second song at something like 300bpm (600bpm if you count the fact that the "verse" is played in doubletime :D ). What do you guys think?

... And here's what we sound like on record:

6. Flandreau

Flandreau SS.org Regular

My band The Human Collective is playing our first show august 3rd, opening for The opressor, silence, I killed everyone, and some local bands in Western Mass

7. donray1527

donray1527 djack of all trades

My band short lives gigs every two or three weeks. We are like Defeater or Xerxes if you have ever heard of them.

8. fps

fps Kit

Played a festival yesterday, our 5th or 6th gig in the past 5 weeks, it was the Bognor Rox Festival, a biiig three or four stage deal, Rox is a registered charity giving people opportunities to play music in the community, and they do a lot of fundraising gigs and supporting unsigned bands they like, we had a great turn-out, many of those there in bands I really like, and it was an honour to play it for a second year in a row.

9. AMEmusic

AMEmusic SS.org Regular

10. Leveebreaks

Leveebreaks Dooooooooom

We're due to go out on a small 8 date tour in 2 weeks around the UK :metal:

11. Jes Johnson

Jes Johnson SS.org Regular

I'm not gigging at the moment, but man, I'm trying like hell. Seems like every band I'm in ends up breaking up as soon as we get around to playing a few live shows.

12. HUGH JAYNUS

HUGH JAYNUS Formerly DJIMBO

I am getting ready to start doing shows with my band TERA VEGA. we are doing a show to launch our album release tomorrow (9/13/13) at Gino's bar in SLC Utah. if there are any Utards around here, come on down. and i want to invite everyone else who is free from 7pm-1am GMT, to watch a live stream from a company called Project Independent. my band goes on at midnight. I've been using this site for a while now and it is an amazing community. I would greatly appreciate your support and time.

PROJECT INDEPENDENT - The Independent Hard Rock & Metal Network

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. HUGH JAYNUS

HUGH JAYNUS Formerly DJIMBO

14. exarchangel

exarchangel Guitarist

15. Lava Joe

Lava Joe SS.org Regular

I'm in a gigging band, but trying to get better gigs...the gigs around here don't offer much of anything unfortunately! The demographic is NOT into 80% scream 20% sing, so...

16. Pat Olson

Pat Olson SS.org Regular

We're in similar situation - haven't even named it yet but we have selected all the right players - finally! All of us are currently gigging in other bands, and spending the time to get this final one to be the ultimate experience. But for now we're going through that long drawn out process and its frustrating at times. Thankfully we are all gigging with other bands too....

17. Birdington

Birdington SS.org Regular

18. McCalister9999

McCalister9999 SS.org Regular

My band Winterhymn is touring Paganfest V this year with Turisas, Korpiklaani, Chthonic and Varg (not Vikerns)! Check us out if you're into folk metal, we got a busy spring/summer ahead of us in the states.
    https://www.facebook.com/Winterhymn?fref=ts

19. Thanatopsis

Thanatopsis SS.org Regular

My band Hexogen just played our second gig tonight. Went pretty well and got a good response from the crowd. Don't have another one booked until mid-March but hopefully something else will happen before then.

Hexogen Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos

Got any links? We're based out of Sudbury, MA.

20. CanniballistiX

CanniballistiX Detuned Fury

I'm in a band called Enstride, we are rock from Media, Pennsylvania (Philly area).

Links are in my sig.

Show this Saturday night in Butler, NJ @ Architekt!