Who's in a gigging band?

Discussion in 'Live Performance & Stage Sound' started by noodles, Apr 12, 2006.

Are you in a gigging band.

1. Hell yeah I am! \mm/

403 vote(s)
    59.3%
  2. Getting off the ground, will be gigging soon.

121 vote(s)
    17.8%
  3. In between bands at the moment.

51 vote(s)
    7.5%
  4. I rock my bedroom every night!

105 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. SwampAshSpecial

SwampAshSpecial SS.org Regular

I'm just starting to gig with my first proper gigging band ever, Overlord

2. Domkid118

Domkid118 Knives and Wolves

I play in a Hardcore/metalcore band called Charon (uk) we gig at least once a week, when were not writing, we do the odd weekender every other month, and try and have at least 3-4 tours a year :shred:

Charon | Facebook

3. Nmaster

Nmaster SS.org Regular

In the process of writing songs. We're set to go on tour this summer with a local band that has played quite a few shows and toured once or twice.

I'm freakin' stoked. :) Just need to find a permanent vocalist in the coming months and practice practice practice 'til my fingers bleed. :shred: :hbang:

4. Ocean_Ashes

Ocean_Ashes SS.org Regular

I have my first practice today with a rock band I formed with two friends that I met at a talentclass, and another dude that was in this year´s talent class. Our singer is one of the most famous dutch youtubers, haha. The dude is 20 and already makes a living with youtube :lol:. It´s a crazy time we´re living in.

Anyway, the band looks pretty promising, but I still wanna play technical death metal, yet I seem to be the only person that wants to :(

5. Chris Migdalski

Chris Migdalski SS.org Regular

Greetings ss.org!!! I thought this was a interesting thread to find this morning, anyway....I'm the guitarist for Diabolic Intent which officially formed in 98' after a very ruff start. We have alot of history playing in Florida since then with occasional stints outside the state and even traveling to South Africa in 06. Over the years we've had a few great oppurtunities to open for bands like Lamb of God, Trivium to Cannibal Corpse which was really nice...After a looonnggg dragggged out dry spell due to me trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with my left side (I have Parkinson's) For the first time in 4 years we've done I think 5 gigs since January. Not nowhere like we used to do but the highlight was getting to open for Obituary which was really cool.

* This may need a new thread but i have a question -
    When I mention to people (like co-workers, friends or family) that I played a gig over the weekend, why is it I'm always asked how much money did I make? Not did you have fun or how did it go? I feel that to be a bit too much... is that a common question that is asked? I never know how to answer that.....

6. warhead

warhead SS.org Regular

I am in a band.

7. Luke Acacia

Luke Acacia STRAYA

8. roast

roast Contributor

9. subject aftermath

subject aftermath SS.org Regular

10. m3talmike

m3talmike SS.org Regular

11. sonnybb

sonnybb new guy

12. BC8String

BC8String SS.org Regular

Hey guys... I play guitar in SkyPivot from Northern California. We just finished tracking our new EP and will be released soon. I guess if I had to name bands that influenced us it would be: Deftones, Meshuggah, Taproot, Tool, ... whatever has great rhythm!
    http://youtu.be/GlIOCj_bkr0

MistaSnowman likes this.
  13. guitarguyMT

guitarguyMT SS.org Regular

Look! A Dragon!

I'm the guitarist, and we're a three piece sorta stoney-tech-death-somethin-or-another kinda metal band. We're just finishing up our first set list; gonna take a couple months to lock everything up real tight, and hopefully start gigging as frequently as the people here will let us :lol:

14. SjPedro

SjPedro SS.org Regular

I play in a rock prog band called touch of god here in Portugal and we do some summer gigs from time to time.the rock/metal scene is truly bad in our area and it gets difficult but hey,st doesn't stop us :hbang:

15. spring

spring SS.org Regular

I rock my bedroom every night. Well I was a singer when I was schooling. My voice, not perfect but averagely I could sing. At first I wanted to join with a band but unfortunately because of my studies and I had to be a part of my home, so I did not get any opportunity.

16. The Spanish Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected

Well, my band is gigging, but not that much. And I do rock my bedroom every day. So what option should I vote?

17. jordanky

jordanky Contributor

I'm in two bands, the first of which is a Foo Fighters/Black Keys/Drive-By Truckers influenced rock and roll band called Tim Browning & The Widowmakers. I joined in to play mainly rhythm guitar, but I share leads with another guitar player, while our third guitar/vocalist is strictly rhythm. I've been with these guys for a little over a year and we have played quite a few shows, probably twenty or so which is busy for us since we are very spread apart, three guys have kids etc.

The other band I'm in is a four piece pop punk/melodic hardcore band called Lost Swimmer, which I've been working with for the past seven months or so. Before playing our first show, we had already banged out a four song EP and got the ball rolling on merch. This helped tremendously to get some buzz going around about us and we played our first show this past Saturday and already have six or seven more shows booked up until June.

18. ProgCorey

ProgCorey SS.org Regular

Sure am gigging! I'm the guitarist for Dyssidia.

Here's a nice photo of me and my seven with the band from the last show;

[​IMG]

19. danbobdavis

danbobdavis SS.org Regular

I play guitar for Artifice. We've released a teaser and one demo song and so far, the local scene has liked it. We've all played in bands that were popular in the area but never made it too far, so we're hoping this time is a bit different. Our first show is this Saturday and we're all extremely excited about it!

20. MikeDojcsak

MikeDojcsak SS.org Regular

I play guitar and sing vocal harmonies in Still Life. Releasing our full length record in September. Released our debut EP back in September.

FFO: Muse, Radiohead, Deftones, Incubus, Thrice

Http://www.facebook.com/stilllifehamilton