Who's Been Drinkin'?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chris, Nov 9, 2006.

1. vilk

vilk Very Regular

Today at the liquor store I saw some bottle with Arabic script on it and it said made with grapes and aniseed... Now I'm a big fan of absinthe and that is also flavored with aniseed so I grabbed it. It's called Arak and you cut it with water and it turns white, like some absinthes do. The taste is very similar to sweeter absinthes that don't have much bitter wormwood taste, but it's not overly sweet look like Absente brand. It is sweet, but in the way that wine or brandy is "grape sweet" if that makes sense. Anyhow I'm really enjoying it and happy to have found it since most liquor stores in my neighborhood don't have any absinthe, and even when I do find it here in USA it's always that Absente brand which isn't bad but I prefer absinthe that isn't so sweet and also you cannot taste any bitter wormwood in Absente. However there are several brands of arak on the shelf, so I'm looking forward to trying them!

2. Mach666

Mach666 The speed of evil

3. Lasik124

Lasik124 SS.org Regular

Ahhh my 1,000th post. How exciting :lol:

*Cracks another bud light*

:cheers:

4. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Hungover, because a shït ton of Tuborg Classic

5. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau SS.org Regular

Getting buzzed on Pabst Dry while playing Black Ops III!

6. monkeysuncle

monkeysuncle SS.org Regular

Pennsylvania pride has been kicking in lately, been knocking back some Yuengling lager

7. Sumsar

Sumsar SS.org Regular

Hungover again :lol:
    This time from a good mixup of various beer (mostly ale #16) and port

8. StrmRidr

StrmRidr Hide your Jacksons

Rum and coke... and rum.

9. AlexCorriveau

AlexCorriveau SS.org Regular

My girlfriend dumped me 3 days ago and my grandfather died yesterday, so I'm sipping on a glass of William Grant's, my favorite scotch whiskey, while recording guitar tracks for the stuff I've been writing for months.

10. NicePants

NicePants ok

Went out with some friends and decided to try a random beer at the place. Settled for this thing called Franziskaner. Was a little fruity tasting, but surprisingly good. Tasted like a better Blue Moon.

11. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

Today is mah birfday. I have either the flu or food poisoning but I am drinking SoCo & Dr. Pepper. Just bought two more pedals on Reverb after my resolution to cut down on my rig. Go me.

12. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

A friend of mine moved to Germany with his family a couple of months ago, so me and my gf moved into their house. The guy had been making white wine since 2011 - he just likes to make it but not drink it :lol: So he said I could drink it if it's any good.
    My mom also makes wine, and 50% of the time it's drinkable by itself and the rest of the time you need to mix it with Sprite to flush it down :lol: So I didn't have very high expectations...
    Anyways: I finally gave it a go last weekend, and I'll be damned, I could've sworn it was store bought unless it had been in a coke bottle :D It's also completely clear, whereas my moms' wines tend to be a bit cloudy. So now I've got like 20-30 liters of very good wine in the basement :metal:

13. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Got pretty lit last night, had a mild hangover. P suggested mimosas as she had some Veuve C in the fridge. Drunk again lol.

14. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

oh lordy I was so drunk last night... Paddled 10km home at about 5am with my trusty bicycle. Fell over a few times and now my leg is sore and it looks like I was attacked by a very annoyed and big cat. I don't even remember when I've been THAT drunk that I couldn't stay on the road with my bike. Maybe when I was a teenager.

I finally got home, woke the baby and wife up by being stealthy as a raging manatee, took my clothes off and crashed into my bed falling asleep instantly.

When I woke up I had a slight headache and was feeling a bit wobbly walking around, but those went away really quickly when I drank a buttload of juice and there's no hangover left whatsoever.

15. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

I wanna get drunk too :lol: But with our baby on the way (estimated date of birth is two weeks from now, so it could happen any moment now), I just can't, because I need to drive to the hospital when it happens... Once the baby's out, I'll probably be drunk for a month straight or something :lol:

16. IbanezDaemon

IbanezDaemon Raptus regaliter

Tonight's weapon of choice is Belgian Duvel's......seriously quality
    beer.....ABV I think is around the 8.5 mark. Headstock is reading

Ddaaeemmonness as I look at it.....14 strings as well......:scratch:

17. Science_Penguin

Science_Penguin SS.org Regular

Jameson tonight. Usually I prefer Johnnie Walker (mixes REAL nicely with cola- Winston Churchill's drink of choice, y'know) but this time around, I decided to save a couple of bucks and get the Irish Whiskey.

Gets the job done... not sure about the taste though... probably should've gone with the Scotch.

Ah well, I feel better tonight than I did a week ago when I learned, the hard way, the potency of sake. Decided to crack open a bottle my friend got me when she went to Japan...

Liquor before Beer- never fear
    Beer before Liquor- never sicker
    Liquor before Sake- christ, what have you done?!

18. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Cant go wrong with Jame-o or the trusty J-Dub. If you don't like the taste of the Jameson in its own, try mixing it with ginger ale. That makes for a delicious mix.

I'm always surprised how well JW Red mixes with a splash of coke. JW Green is my favorite of the entire line to drink straight.

19. The Spanish Inquisition

The Spanish Inquisition Unexpected

Dear friends of SSO, today I found out that vodka is not something you should drink straight from the bottle. I'm not Finnish enough for those kinds of shenanigans.

For now, I'm enjoying myself with about 15 of these.

[​IMG]

20. ftr

ftr SS.org Regular

Damn. Yesterday I got lit.

warmed up with a shot of whiskey. Then I had 2 irish car bombs. Then a White Russian. Then I washed it down with a badass Scottish ale, which was pretty strong.

I am pretty skinny, so I impressed myself by not getting sick.