Who of you dealt with NegaTiveXero?

Discussion in 'Site News & Support' started by _fred_, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

I've had many dealings with NegativeXero, both with trades and sales, and it's always been smooth sailing. For what that's worth. That doesn't mean someone can't one day choose another path, but I have to say I'm surprised to hear this. Very unfortunate.

I hope his health improves and you can get your money back (or the item you paid for).

2. I_infect

I_infect SS.org Regular

I had problems shipping to Russia before. Customs suck... UPS told me straight out that it takes 3-4 months to get through everything IF everything clears ok. In my case the guitar eventually got there A-OK but it was a horrible long experience, and I won't ship international again because of it. Too risky for both buyer and seller. I have no opinion on the forumite mentioned but based on my experience I give the benefit of the doubt.

Brendan G likes this.
  3. _fred_

_fred_ Banned

I don't know what to find more amusing: your lack of elementary knowledge about shipping and your whining about it, or the fact that this is a thread about a forumite who hasn't communicated nor sent out the items after people sent their payments. NOT about shipping problems.

Complete logic fail.

Right. I'm escalating mine as well then. Good luck to you bro!

4. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

So Paypal protects you even outside of eBay? I never thought it really did much unless you were paying for eBay goods, or an online store checkout, something like that. Of course, you can always dispute the credit card charge.

5. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

That's the beauty of PayPal, they protect ALL transactions.

6. JesseTheMachine

JesseTheMachine SS.org Regular

I dunno, I had a problem on here with a guy from California not shipping a Kahler bridge to me for months, and I went to Paypal to see what I could do and they said basically I was SOL.

Luckily for me the guy pulled through in the end, but I'm just saying they don't always protect your transactions I guess it depends what it is.

7. zeal0us

zeal0us InstruMentalHead

PayPal covers buyers' asses upto 45 days after transactions.

8. I_infect

I_infect SS.org Regular

Wow what's up with the attitude? I've done countless tranactions actually, and shipped all over the world, with Russia being the ONLY problem area, from both buyers and shipping problems, So I doubt my shipping knowledge is elementary. Russia is the reason I won't ship international AT ALL because of impatient buyers like this, like you:fawk:.
    I was giving perspective from a seller's point of view, not a buyer who is complaining that their item didn't get there in a week, or is possibly abusing the Paypal system to get something for free when it's conveniently 'lost in the mail'. Problems with a buyer/seller is one thing; not receiving an item due to delays is another.

As far as the neg rep you left me, it looks like you got 3 in return. Treat people with some more respect around here please or GTFO. I'm sure the mods will agree; causing problems only gets you a free ride back to Harmony Central.

9. MaxOfMetal

Every transaction is different, and in some cases if you don't file a claim promptly, or you do so improperly (which to them looks like abuse of the system) then you'll sometimes be SOL. As in they won't be able to help you.

As helpful and secure PayPal is, it shouldn't be used a crutch to fall back on when doing shady deals. It's not 100% full proof. Look at it as a little added insurance and paper trail. If you want 100% secure, there are a few online Escrow services that offer even more protection.

10. robotsatemygma

robotsatemygma myspace.com/pygar1

I dunno... I'm very hesitant about any transaction via here or ebay. The way I look at it is this... it's a gamble.

Your hoping the person on the other end is honest. They are hoping you're honest yourself. Don't gamble money you're not comfortable with losing. Simple as that.

Fred does have some fuel on his end... the seller is being shady. A simple here's the tracking number pm, call, email, whatever... done. He's withheld his end of the bargain and it's in the hands of a shipping company. Him simply withholding that information is fishy, and EXACTLY WHY I will never do a high end purchase direct with a civilian.

But Fred also needs to understand that shipping internationally can take awhile. Members have said it... it can take MONTHS! Shitty because his protection time frame will be null by then.

Like I said, it's a gamble. Don't bite off more then you can chew.

11. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

There is one thing I can assure you guys: being in Portugal, I've never had anything take more than a matter of days to arrive to its destination, and this does go both ways. Last time I received a guitar from the US, it took it 4 days to arrive to the customs office, 2 more for inspection so they could get the invoice confirmation (works for ebay, stores, whatever it is that clearly states the selling price inequivocally) and voilá - it was home.

Even if it did take longer than anticipated for whatever reason (being held indefinitely by the local customs, or something along those lines), a tracking number allows you to know its location at any time. I've done business with people all over the globe without a single problem so far, and even when there was a delay with processing a package, the buyer knew what was happening all along and there was no suspicion whatsoever of foul play.

These businesses are indeed prone to some doubt - even if the man is not to blame, where is the tracking info? Or an explanation to his buyers in which he describes the existence of a problem? If people have no data whatsoever that may help them trust the other end of the bargain will be respected, I find it normal that they become restless. This whole matter is hardly related to some guy in an island lost in the far reaches of Asia hoping to get US gear in a couple days, but of people who have no idea whatsoever if what they bought ever left the buyer's home in the first place. :2c:

12. I_infect

I_infect SS.org Regular

It is pretty expensive to ship international. I have shipped to Australia, and generally it's gotten there within a week at a cost of $80 usd, with the guitar disassembled(bolt on neck removed for safety and a smaller box). There are size restrictions for packages for many countries. Hungary and Russia- when I shipped there both turned out to be fraudulent, in one case the package returned round trip in 6 months. For express shipping with tracking 9.9 times out of 10 the shipping with insurance and tracking included is $300-$400 dollars. Australia, Brazil, Canada, and Mexico I never had any problems with. After dealing with Russia and getting burned more than once I stopped shipping international period.

What you are now seeing, especially on Ebay are these 'brokers' who have a US shipping address, and then have someone at that US address ship it out to the customer's country. The reason you are seeing this is because of these shipping problems, Paypal only gives you 45 days to file a dispute, but in many cases actual deliveries take longer than that, so by the time it is delivered, the seller has already lost his money and gear. Also by the time Paypal runs a check on a credit card internationally, it comes back 'stolen' or 'unauthorized'(this is of course after the item was shipped). If international shipping was as easy as its supposed to be, there wouldn't be these 'gear resellers', 'brokers', or whatever friendly term we want to call them.

As I stated in my first post in this thread, I have no experience with negativexero other than sharing this forum, so I can't or won't give opinion on him as a person, only sharing experiences as a seller.

13. rew

rew SS.org Regular

Unfortunately this isn't a shipping issue. It's a case of dealing with a seemingly reputable member of this forum, paying him for things he's selling, and then never hearing from him again once that happens.
    I live in the same country as him, and I still haven't heard from him since I last asked if my payment went through almost a month ago (to which he said yes). I did not harass him or get impatient too quickly. The only think I've done was send a polite and simple PM on the 13th, though he hasn't been on here since the 3rd so I sent him an identical email soon after that. No response to that either.

I believe that I did all the communication that is necessary, so I hope I can pull out cleanly. I hope he isn't in a hospital bed somewhere unable to say anything about this.

So the point of my post (and I think the initial meaning of this thread) is to see if anyone might know what's up, and for everyone to just be forewarned about this guy, Fred and I are having a tough time dealing with him, not because of international shipping or anything, but because of bad (absent) communication.

14. MaxOfMetal

This isn't the first time this has happened, where a somewhat respected forumite falls to the wayside. Often leaving a few people with the shaft.

Andy (Rew), you have been very patient, and I feel you have the complete right to take the actions that you currently are. The same goes for you Fred. Though look at the way each of you are handling this. Andy has been nothing but pleasent, given the situation, and is being quite nice to others about it. On the other hand, Fred, you've just been a dick. Attacking others for simply sharing their thoughts and opinions, this is a forum after all.

15. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

fyi, in america, the tracking numbers quit following the package at our countrys boarders. i'v sent many things overseas and got tracking numbers, but it will only tell you where it is as long as its in america

I_infect likes this.
  16. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

Not to dismiss your statement in any way, but I've been able to follow tracking numbers all the way from the source. Every time a midway station was involved, that would appear on the tracking info. What company is in question here? Even USPS had such information available to me, so I am actually pretty surprised to read this.

17. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

USPS. i'v shipped a guitar, and tons of smaller items and was told everytime that the tracking stopped at our boarder.

18. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

Shipping from the US isn't consistent at all. I've had a 50 lbs tube head (the Dragon) shipped to me USPS, and cost like $50. In another state, USPS wanted to charge the guy $80 to ship me the GP3 (2u rack preamp) WITHOUT tracking. Sometimes tracking works all the way to my door from the US, other times, it doesn't update until I pick up the package. I don't even care about tracking the package on it's way to me (although it's nice), it's just good to have that confirmation that they DID ship it to you.

I don't know if it's different states, or different workers, or an ever evolving policy on the part of USPS and other shippers :shrug:

19. hairychris

hairychris Hairy Old Bloke

We have major problems shipping to Russia from my work. We find it easier to give stuff to people travelling over (up to and including file servers. Not ideal but it vaguely worked in the past.) to take through as baggage.

Obviously there seems to be other issues here but Russian customs is proper fucked up.

20. _fred_

_fred_ Banned

Ok people! A major update!

This is a somewhat unexpected turn of events, but unbelievably - the amp has just been received!

Although, in my opinion, I had all the right to start a thread like this (lack of comms with a seller for almost a month in either way is still wrong), I do feel bad about this whole thing.

I will take advice from the moderators/forumites on how to end this matter properly and do some damager repair to Nick's reputation. I've already sent a message to paypal support to close the claim. If they don't, I will resend the payment back to Nick, when I get it.

Andrew, I hope you get your item. Looks like this guy in some trouble or something. I still can't explain several things that happened between us, but I did get the amp eventually. Hopefully, you will get yours.

signalgrey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.