Who of you dealt with NegaTiveXero?

Discussion in 'Site News & Support' started by _fred_, Dec 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _fred_

_fred_ Banned

I'm having trouble with this guy. Sent the money for the amp, but it's been almost two weeks and he never gave me the tracking number. He hasn't been on the board ever since, and his cell phone is set on automated reply.

Before taking any action, I thought I'd ask here first, cause the guy appears to have a solid reputation here (3000+ posts, itrader feedback, etc).

Sevenstring.org - View Profile: NegaTiveXero

Update as of December 28. Got the amp. But still no word from Nick?

TomPerverteau and cyril v like this.
  2. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

I bought some computer shit off him a couple years ago and he was great to deal with :shrug:

He's been a member here for years, and I've never heard of anyone having a problem with him. He could just be MIA for personal reasons. Did he say he shipped the amp?

3. _fred_

_fred_ Banned

Yeah, he did. He said so on December 3, but he never sent me the tracking number. I call him up every day, but he doesn't pick up the phone. I got thru a couple of days ago, but he couldn't talk because he was at work. He asked to call in a couple of hours (very early morning my time), I got up and called, and same story again - he just doesn't answer.

I understand he's been a respected forumite long before I came here, so before taking any serious action, I'm just giving some air to breathe.

Hey, I'm in rough times myself, but at least he could notify me or reassure that everything's ok. At the moment, I have no idea if he shipped the amp or not.

4. zeal0us

zeal0us InstruMentalHead

Hey Fred,

I believe he shipped out three pieces of gear that day... which, if I'm not mistaken, were a power conditioner to California, an Intrepid to me in Florida, and your Mesa to (Soviet) Russia :lol:

He's been fantastic to deal with. I was a little edgy too when I didn't see him online since the ship date, but my item arrived safe and sound. He must be completely swamped, but for what my assurance is worth: your gear is most likely on it's way.

NGD coming up! ;)

5. Jzbass25

Jzbass25 SS.org Regular

I've had it take many weeks for customs to process an item.

6. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems Contributor

I've read that it can take a very long time to recieve packages from outside of Russia, in some cases up to 3 months. Although I can't remember the source...

7. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

If you're calling EVERY day too, maybe he just doesn't want to talk to you. I probably wouldn't want to pick up the phone either :lol: This is one reason I probably wouldn't ever ship anything to a country like Russia. Not anything against you personally, but overseas shipping is probably going to take a long ass time, not to mention customs and shit involved.

As for tracking info, maybe there wasn't any :shrug: Hell, when I get tracking info from the US (I'm just in Canada) it usually doesn't update until the package is out for delivery. Did you pay him extra for a trackable service? How much he charge you for shipping?

I'm not saying no contact is your fault, but it could be a possible reason if you're trying to contact him every day. Some people just don't like that. I'd agree at the very least he should say "There's no tracking info, it'll get there when it gets there" but that's just me :shrug:

8. _fred_

_fred_ Banned

zeal0us, thank you for the only reasonable answer in this thread.

JJ Rodriguez, I'm a professional gear reseller. I've shipped more than 300+ items from US including about 200+ expensive tube amps (from 5150 to fucking Two Rocks). I probably know more about US shipping than most of you guys. I always use trackable service and pay extra for it.

Thus said, I really can't see any sense in your post. I only want the tracking number, what's wrong about trying to reach your seller to get the info?

Let me get this straight. So you're ok with NOT providing your buyer with shipping info or at least picking up the phone ONCE and saying: "hey calm down dude, your amp's on its way"? Damn, I wouldn't want to deal with someone like you..

9. JJ Rodriguez

JJ Rodriguez Contributor

No need to get all defensive and shit dude. I was more commenting on the fact you were calling him EVERY day. That would get annoying to anyone.

When I ship stuff out, I ALWAYS provide info. If you'd actually read the last sentence of my post I agree with you that he should contact you. I was providing a possible scenario.

No need to get all pissy. We are all aware you buy a fuck ton of shit and re-sell it. I'm glad you know more than all of us combined and have an e-penis 100 ft long.

10. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

Nick rules. This thread does not.

11. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

Opening it back up. No speculation, guys. Anything less than chill, and it'll be a month nap :wub:

Sevenstringer likes this.
  12. _fred_

_fred_ Banned

Thank you.

As of today, I have no indication that the amp has in fact been sent to me. My numerous attempts to contact Nick failed. The deadline for Express shipping has just finished.

I'm giving him one last chance to respond and tell me what the hell's going on before I take action with paypal.

This makes me very sad. If you I trust a respected forumite, then who the hell can I trust here??

13. djpharoah

djpharoah Awwww Yeaaaah Super Moderator

FYI - Nick was recently hospitalized and thus his absence. Doesn't give him a free pass but just so you know. BTW - this info was shared with me by someone who also purchased something from him.

14. _fred_

_fred_ Banned

Is this info 100% true? Cause I actually got thru to him a couple of days ago and he seemed to be doing fine. He was busy at work, so he asked me to call him back later. Obviously, he never picked up the phone since then.

If he's in trouble, it's not like I won't understand. Hey, shit happens. But lying that he actually sent the amp and then not responding to PMs, e-mails, phonecalls - that's bullshit, man.

15. djpharoah

djpharoah Awwww Yeaaaah Super Moderator

As for the validity of that I have no idea man. Like I said it was just info shared with me.

16. BigPhi84

BigPhi84 Pronounced "FEE"

I bought a guitar off of him and the process was very smooth. Yeah, the guy doesn't have the best communication, but his is a stand up dude. I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again, even after reading this thread.

17. highlordmugfug

highlordmugfug themuthaphukkindeath

I've traded with Nick and he was a real cool guy. If you don;t have the tracking number, yeah that sucks and I agree that he should get it to you, but my experience with him was very positive.

18. _fred_

_fred_ Banned

I see that he has a rep around here, that's why I started this thread.

I don't know.. Paypal, to pull or not to pull?

19. cyril v

cyril v Contributor

I'd say give it another week before making a decision, maybe there was some unforseen delay with shipping that was out of his hands? I know it sucks because you paid top dollar to get it to you fast and with tracking, but you do have 45-days to request a refund and if it shows up right after you get a refund that would screw him over even worse. If it turns out he didn't ship it with the method you wanted and thats whats causing the delay, you can request a partial refund for the difference in shipping. good luck

20. _fred_

_fred_ Banned

um.. well he did tell me that he shipped it, didn't he? That was on December 3. If he sent it with cheaper service it will get here in minimum 1 month.. I'd say even 2, given the upcoming holidays. So you see.. why the dilemma

If I get the money and then the amp, I will send the payment back. I have no intentions of screwing someone, given that I resell amps. My reputation's worth much more.

But at the moment, I have to get my client an another amp like that. And pay out of my own pocket for it. So you see how this is turning into a fucking preX-mas nightmare for me :(

any more suggestions? I'm running out of time :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.