Who here exercises?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Shawn, May 9, 2006.

1. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

I'm similar:

Mon, Wed, Fri = Jogging around the neighbourhood for 30mins, I try and go in a big circle so i finish where I start, 2mins of brisk walking to warm up/down too.

Tues/Thurs/Sun = Weights, divided up into body areas;

Tues: Chest, Upper back, stomach/abs
    Thurs: Arms and shoulders
    Sun: Legs, ass and lower back

Saturday I do nothing, as I'm part-time jobbing it for most of the day, then when I get back I get all tarted up, eat and then go out with my friends, so it's my day off by default.

It's all light weights, high-reps, as I'm a recovering fatty and just wanna tone up a bit. Although I've got most of it off, I still have a couple of problem areas with stubborn fat lol, but I'm sure if I keep at it I'll get rid of em' eventually. I used to have a 36" waist, now I can squeeze into a 32". My weight in stone used to be about 12.9, last time I checked I was on 9.13 - and I'm 5"8, which seems a little underweight, yet I'm clearly not skinny... weird.

Ok using the converter, I used to be about 82kg, now I'm 64kg, and in american-friendly pounds, that's from 180lb to 142lb, so there you go.

2. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

My drummer did that for 2 or 3 years, he was good at it too, but gave it up and got out of shape and became lazy. :noway: I told him he should get back into it and get in shape, he says playing drums gets him shape, he wants to get back into martial arts eventually though. :yesway:

3. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

You talking bench press? Holy fucking shit, dude! I have a tough enough time with 160 lbs, but I'm much of a lifter. I always go for endurance over power.

4. Shawn

That is impressive, Nyck...wow. :eek:

I weigh 145 and the most I can bench is like 180-190, I bench 145 usually. I just do sets.

5. Oogadee Boogadee

Oogadee Boogadee ss.orggy biscuit Forum MVP

Division rehearses on Thursdays and Sundays.... so my cardio is:

Monday: hard
    Tues: hard
    Wed: medium
    Thurs: easy if at all. then rehearsal
    Fri: med or hard, or a lazy day off.
    Sat: squeeze the rooster
    Sun: beat the skin

I only do cardio so that I can drum better. i bike and row. as soon as the 90+ degree whether hits, i'll resume running outdoors again.

6. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

I'm not lying dude. Last monday I benched 245 without too much difficulty, either (I even started doing it a second time, but then got stuck and had to be rescued).

But in any case, since I lifted it fairly easily, this weekend I'm going for 255. Wish me luck! My goal is to get to 270, because that will be twice my own weight.

And if the huge football players in your school can only do 235, they must be pussies; I mean, I don't look that big at all, and I can do that much. Some of the huge kids at my school (or, ex-school, seeing as I just graduation from high-school) could easily do over 270 +.

I just hope that this weight-lifting doesn't mess with my guitar playing because then I'll have to quit (or cut down significantly on it :( )

7. garcia3441

garcia3441 Tone Whore Contributor

I found kettlebells a couple of months ago; I work out with them 3 days a week, and martial arts 2 days a week. I diet 6 days a week and eat whatever I want on Saturdays.

It didn't interfere with Kane Roberts playing.

8. Shawn

Wow. Good for you, that's pretty impressive. Me, I lift mainly to tone my muscle while getting bigger is nice, I don't want to get too buff. That is why I stay at 145 and just do sets. It's equivalent to how much I weigh.

A friend of mine used to see how much he could bench by adding a little more weight each time, the maximum limit for him was about 220 and he weighed about 160, He just kept pushing him self to do it, he could only bench that once and even that was hard for him to do. I don't do as much benching as I do curls though and playing guitar is still the same for me.

9. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm kinda buff but not really; it's weird, I know. Sometimes you hit hurdles, but you have to keep pushing it. Once you find your body's natural recovery cycle, you can increase your record by 20-30 pounds over 3 weeks.

Oh well, I failed to bench 255 :( I got it half-way up then got stuck. Next weekend...

10. Papa Shank

Papa Shank Be-otch

Size doesn't equal strength, training around the 1-6 rep range will motivate the muscle to become stronger rather than bigger. Using the 6-12 rep range motivates your muscle to become bigger rather than stronger.