Who here exercises?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by Shawn, May 9, 2006.

1. Shawn

Shawn Ibanez Guitars Forum MVP

I have a treadmill that I use 3 or 4 times a week and when im not using that, im biking outdoors for 4 or 5 miles or so...as far as lifting weights, I have a 'Competitor' weight bench I bought about 6 years ago, I rarely use it, I use my dumbells instead. I was doing all this even when I was a smoker 6 months ago, crazy, now I feel great though. This is my workout routine, anybody here workout or exercise? What are your routines?

....besides shredding on your guitar....and raising pints of beer of course...

2. bostjan

bostjan MicroMetal Contributor

I have dumbells and a weight vest. Rarely use those. A nice bike ride is enough for me for cardio. In the winter, I have a stationary bike.

3. David

David je t'aime Contributor

I jog, and run, a lot. Probably 1-2 miles a day. I use to force myself to, but not I can't live without that 10-15 minutes of just thought and fresh air.:yesway:

4. Shawn

Jogging is good, I just never got into jogging though. My father jogs alot, he's been doing it since the early 80s and raced in many marathons in Japan and still has his running logs, he's heavily into it and I thought I'd try it out, he's always trying to get to me go with him but I prefer biking or walking. I should start jogging though...:agreed:

5. The Dark Wolf

The Dark Wolf Contributor

I do a regular routine.

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (3x/week) I do a 3-part program.
    A. Light aerobic/tai chi type warmup
    B. Stretching and calisthenics
    C. Weight routine - Curls, bench press, dead lift, squat

On Tuesdays and Thursdays (2x/week) I walk 2-3 miles

On Saturday/Sunday, I either goof off or play basketball/swim when it's nice out.

I used to be pretty hardcore about it, but I take it easy nowadays.

6. David

Well for me, I think I've said this story a few times, so sorry if you've already heard it, but I get to jog in the woods. I live, on the farthest east solid-settlement of seattle, before the woods. There's literally about 200 feet, until forest, and then literally nothing but small towns along the way... so, that being said, I love to jog up there. The town I live in, Issaquah, is a valley, with 3 big ass mountains around. Where the forest starts, is where the mountains start, and theres this one hill first, which is pretty damn tall. It's about a half mile to jog up the trail to the top, which you can then see all of the valley from a pretty high distance, and it looks amazing. I do this at sunset and have a nice romantic time with myself.;):wub:

I don't think I'd jog in public, I just like the alone-with-thought time.:yesway: So, if you live near any woods, try it out there.

7. Papa Shank

Papa Shank Be-otch

I weightlift : deadlift, squat, bench and everything else works around those three.

8. Leon

Leon {##[====:::. Contributor

i jog 3~4 miles around my neighborhood a couple days a week, and lift some weights on other days. i'd like to do it on a regular schedule, like this:

M: jog
    T: lift
    W: jog
    H: lift
    F: jog
    S: lift
    U: chill

...but, we'll see how that goes. jogging is sometimes dictated by the weather (as it was all winter :lol: ). as it stands now, i just jog when i can, and lift weights when i can. i bought a pair of York barbell sets and i've got a bench, and generally put some Pantera or Tool on when using them. working out at home rules :D

9. Cancer

Cancer Cancer:The Crucifuct

I try to workout at the local gym every other day, currently I have that upped to every day to prep for photoshoot.

....now am I consistent with it??? Hells' no.

Resisiting....the...urge...to...comment.....arrgghhhh.

10. David

hahaha, go ahead man, I was just playing around.:lol: I just think it looks cool, and it's not too warm, or too cold at that time too.:yesway:

11. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

I try to... I go on kicks where I go running a lot, or do situps/pushups, but I rarely stick with it for more than a couple weeks.

I figure a couple weeks every few months is better than nothing though. :D

12. Sentient

Sentient Metal Dog Contributor

I have a passion for cycling (road bike), and ride whenever I can, but with working two jobs, opportunities tend to be rare. I have several routes in my area that I like to take, and my rides will range anywhere from short rides of 15 miles, to longer rides of 35 miles (depending on what I have time for). I love the speed, the exercise, and the feeling of adventure & freedom that comes with cycling. Plus, I get a big thrill out of tracking my data (speed, distance, avg speed, etc) throughout the course of the year. My usual goal is to get between 100 to 150 miles each month, but it varies, with some months less & some months more.

13. Shawn

Man, do I hate situps...:lol: I try to do those every now and then...gotta tone up the abs. :agreed:

When I bike, I go this route around my house where it's all hills, my bike has gears so I down shift when riding up hills, it quite a workout, but I like biking alot.

14. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

Well i goto the gym monday-friday sometimes on the weekends too, i do 1hr cardio each day plus lift weights 3 days a week. I also got me and my gf bikes so we go riding during the week too. I do about 4.5 miles per day I have gone from 225 down to 206 and my gf has lost almost 50 lbs. I enjoy working out :yesway:

15. nitelightboy

nitelightboy I poop in shoes. Contributor

I used to do martial arts pretty hardcore and was in great shape. After a knee injury, I pretty much just vegged out on the couch for a couple of years and skyrocketed to 260 lbs, form 190.

A few weeks ago I bought a Bowflex and put it all togather. Now I workout between 3 and 5 times a week and get a pretty killer burn. I was 231 lbs this morning and am well on my way to my target weight.

Now that I'm trying to become a police officer, I've been running a couple of miles everyday or swimming a few dozen laps. I have to pass some pretty hard physical exams to even be able to apply for a postion as a cop, so I'm working really hard to condition myself for it.

16. Jason

Jason Forum MVP

don't worry once you become a cop you can become too fat to run after anyone :flame:

17. Nik

Nik Arrogant asshole

I lift weights-when it comes to bench press, I max out at 235 (I'm going for 245 this weekend, wish me luck!) And I only weigh 140 pounds :fawk:

And I ride my bike a lot.

18. nyck

nyck blah!

I 'try' to exercise...

This is my routine everyday
    -Around 5 sets of Benchpress
    -200 or so situps(not crunches)
    -and this thingy I devised that is an alternative to pushups(I hate doing those!). I lay on my back and lift freeweights with my arm at a 90 degree angle to my side. It's nearly the same thing as pushups, I try to do 5 sets of 40-50(low weight is all I have right now)

19. David

I'm calling bullshit on that! No way you can bench 235. Only the big ass football senior people at my highschool who are like 180lbs+ can do that. For your weight class, 175 tops, because you'll weigh more than 140 from muscle mass if you can lift more.

20. nyck

nyck blah!

This one dude at my school can do nearly 500 lb. I think he's a junior or a senior this year.

But he's a 'big football guy' like you said lol.