Who else loves fingerstyle acoustic?

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by Chumple Spuzz, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

Im the same friend! been listening to acoustic fingerstyle since i was a wee lad, and had the pleasure of seeing Andy McKee and Antoine Dufour live a few years ago. i love my 8 string and meshuggah as well. i've written and recorded a few songs a few years ago, but i've lost some inspiration since sadly... anyhow what i have written can be found here Samuel Rowe *now on chillout Vol. 26 please buy!!* on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
    Manchester is the only one im proud of, the other were written when i was 15/16 and i think it shows.. plus the quality sucks. neat to find someone with similar taste

2. AcousticMinja

AcousticMinja String Theorist Contributor

Fingerstyle = best acoustic music IMO.

3. Chumple Spuzz

Chumple Spuzz Righteous Dude

ibanezsam4, thats really cool man! now i that there is more than 1 of me haha! i checked out your music and its great. i really like manchester, its got a good beat to it, and a really inspiring melody. thanks for sharing that with us, man!:wavey:
    acousticminja, i agree. :yesway:

4. Chumple Spuzz

well, we can only hope he picks up the 7 string fever soon...i mean, its about time.:cool: i believe i've seen Craig D'andrea play a 7 string multiscale acoustic before, but i may be wrong...

5. Ibanezsam4

Ibanezsam4 SS.org Regular

i love this instrument

6. Nonservium

Nonservium ss.org Irregular

@ OP: I really enjoyed your tunes man, very well done.

@ those 7 string acoustic shots: :eek:

7. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

Thanks Ibanezsam4, I knew that guitar existed somewhere. I really need one of those :)

Shad

8. Chumple Spuzz

thanks nonservium!:wavey:

ibanezsam4, thanks for putting up that video. i knew i saw it somewhere! thats a great song, and an awesome guitar to play it on.

9. Cadavuh

Cadavuh Bounce The ....

this thread is full of awesome music

10. Acoustik

Acoustik SS.org Regular

Just curious how anyone else with an acoustic 7-string finds intonation of the "additional" low string - I've struggled with finding the correct setup for the last few years with my Schwartz Pinnacle 7. (Pictures of the prototype and my guitar can be seen at the Schwartz Guitars website).

The guitar has a 26-inch scale, and I'm currently using a .070 string tuned to G or A. (Currently GDADGAD....).

I'm convinced that multi-scale is a must here. 26-inches is just not long enough for the bottom end, and 26 is already at the limits for the high end.

Jeff

11. Unknown Doodl3.2

Unknown Doodl3.2 look at each other..

I've been practicing fingerstyle on my own lately and trying to develop my own style. I find it pretty challenging however considering that I take most from the likes Justin King and Andy Mckee and whatnot. Do you guys know any online lessons or books, hell even maybe some other artists that would help in developing more techniques? I'm speaking mostly of slapping and popping along with harmonics and whatnot.

Thanks!

12. Acoustik

Acoustik SS.org Regular

Vicki Genfan has a good video available online through Truefire titled "3D Guitar", as does Matt Brandt with "Slap, Frail and Thump".

Jeff

13. Unknown Doodl3.2

Unknown Doodl3.2 look at each other..

^ thanks a lot, I might actually just buy them both and see what else I can learn! :)

14. Chumple Spuzz

hey guys, just wanted to show you that i've recently filmed myself playing most of my acoustic songs and they're on youtube.
    YouTube - BobPokrzywaMusic's Channel

PLEASE feel free to subscribe, drop a comment, share with your friends, whatever! i'd totally appreciate it. tell me what you think of my new songs!:wavey:

15. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    Nice Breedlove! PM me the prices you got on both those guitars, friend. I've been thinking of going the Emerald 9-string or 8-string route, but like that there are more options out there.

----

Mike Hedges was a great guy, and always interesting to talk to. I was very sad when he passed on. Although Will Ackerman gave him a home on a label with like-minded artists, I have no doubt that he would have changed things regardless of where he landed.

I always felt sad when people weren't able to handle Hedges heading in new directions. "Stop singing and just play that acoustic!" *laugh* The fact that he had so many ideas to explore was exciting, even if every one of those ideas didn't appeal to me.

I also think that he really helped reopen the doors for people like Leo Kottke.

Heavy mental, indeed.

16. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

I agree, intonation is a tricky thing to balance, and the multi scale solution sounds good to me too. I'm working with a local builder right now to build me a fanned fret hollowbody/acoustic hybrid kind of instrument...i'll let you know if the fan helps :)

Shad

17. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

I really love your playing...the new songs are making a very nice saturday morning soundtrack, Thanks! :)

Shad

18. Skyblue

Skyblue SS.org Regular

That's some great stuff man! subscribed :)
    Your guitar looks tiny compared to you :lol:

19. Chumple Spuzz

thanks so much skyblue and shadscbr, i'm glad you guys like it!

20. Chumple Spuzz

hope this isn't considered rude to bump this, but I thought I'd share my facebook music page with everyone if they want to go like it... check out free downloads and videos there!:yesway:
    facebook.com/bobpokrzywa
    hope you enjoy it.:wavey:
    Seriously, put up your personal compositions or favorite fingerstyle stuff up here!