Who else loves fingerstyle acoustic?

Discussion in 'Jazz, Acoustic, Classical & Fingerstyle' started by Chumple Spuzz, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Chumple Spuzz

Chumple Spuzz Righteous Dude

When I'm not playing my 8 string, I'm playing an acoustic guitar and writing fingerstyle songs. Its easy to say that i listen to as much Andy Mckee as i listen to Meshuggah.:rolleyes: That being said, I'd love for any fellow fingerstyle lovers here on SS check out my compositions! Please tell me what you think!

BobPokrzywa - Tracks - SoundCloud

And anyone else who writes and records acoustic fingerstyle should share here too!:wavey:

Solodini, ElRay, Cadavuh and 5 others like this.
  2. BigPhi84

BigPhi84 Pronounced "FEE"

Wow this stuff is awesome!!! How has no one commented on these songs or thanked this post? For shame, ss.org! :nono::lol::lol::lol:

3. nojyeloot

nojyeloot SS.org Regular

Beautiful stuff!

4. Chumple Spuzz

BigPhi84, thanks so much dude! i'm super flattered. :wavey:
    Noyjeloot, thanks very much! I just listened to your song Clock, thats some wicked awesome guitar work, and i shall be downloading it!

5. SYLrules88

SYLrules88 I play drums!

listening to your songs right now. im towards the end of the first one and i like it! i would love to be fluent in fingerstyle someday but i dont have an acoustic to work with.

just curious, what tuning(s) did you use those these songs? im still searching for one that i really love. i still have to try DADGAD and then the full 5ths thing.

have you heard of the artists Michael Mandrell or Erich Avinger? Those two and a few other classical players came to a small town near me several months ago and put on an amazing concert. I'd highly recommend checking out their stuff. this did this song at my show and i got it on video but the quality is better on this one. hope you like it.

edit: i liked all 4 of your songs! im much more of a minorish key guy so vancouver and running water were my favorite two. :)

6. Chumple Spuzz

SYLrules88, thanks so much! i'm glad you liked them, and that you appreciated the tonality of vancouver and running water especially.

all 3 of the songs besides A Lark are in FACFCF tuning, and i believe vancouver is that with a capo on the first fret. i probably should remember that:lol: and a lark is in DADF#BD tuning.

i've never heard of these 2 guitarists, but i'm happy that you've shown them to me now. i love true classical guitar like that, its great to see some genuinely talented guys in that field. i wish i could do PIMA style like that.

7. MrMcSick

MrMcSick Derp

8. BigPhi84

LOL. I love how the "PIMA" abbreviation for classical fingering is also the abbreviation for "Pain in my Ass!!!" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

9. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

Great tunes, I loved them!! +1 for some killer fingerstyle!

From an acoustic standpoint, I grew up on Hedges, Kottke, De Grassi, Ackerman, Renbourn, Klugh, Parkening, and anything else I could get my hands and ears on, the new guys are great too :)

I've been loving ADADGAD on my acoustics lately :yesway:

Shad

10. Chumple Spuzz

oh man, i LOVE dallas green. thats such a beautiful song. coming home is one of my favorite by him.

^so agreed. hahahaha...it is simply not an easy task. i'm proud of using my thumb heavily.:lol:
    thanks so much! i appreciate the compliments so much, especially from a michael hedges fan. :wavey: he was really a brilliant player and composer!

ADADGAD? wicked awesome! seven string acoustic would be so awesome to try, do you like it? because now i want to play one very badly.:rolleyes:

11. natspotats

natspotats SS.org Regular

aw maze ing!

12. Chumple Spuzz

thanks so much! :wavey:

13. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

14. BigPhi84

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:. Those guitars are beautiful works of art! If you don't mind, can you PM me how much they costed?

15. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

Thanks BigPhi84...PM'd :)

Shad

16. Chumple Spuzz

shadscbr, thats so cool! it mustve been a real thrill to see michael hedges live. if i could meet one dead person, he might be it. just to talk with him about music and hear him perform would be SO cool.

i assume you may like andy mckee's music too, i just got to see him perform about a month ago and got to meet him afterwards. genuinely nice guy, he accepted a cd with my acoustic music on it too. hopefully he's had time to listen to it haha.

WHOA. those are both incredibly beautiful. i'd love to try a guitar with one of those side-soundports, that would probably put songwriting in a whole new perspective to hear all the undertones brought out right in front of you with a whole new clearness. that beveled back corner of the kronbauer must be incredibly comfortable, do you like it?
    and i have a breedlove 12 string right now that i positively adore, i cant imagine playing a 7 string one. must be great:yesway: thanks for sharing those pictures!:wavey:

17. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

+1 for McKee, did he play his fanned fret 7 string acoustic live?

Maybe you will be part of Candyrat someday :yesway:

The bevel is something that will be on every custom acoustic I order in the future. It feels better than I thought it would, and I had high expectations to begin with :)

Shad

18. Chumple Spuzz

unfortunately, he did not, he started out with his 6 string multi-scale, then onto the harp guitar, then to his baritone. but i'd so love to see him play the 7 string. i actually didnt know he had one!:lol:

and you think so man? thanks so much! i hope to be. it may be a long shot but with some hard work and determination etc etc...i can get there. haha

but that bevel sounds sweet then:yesway: that way, you dont have to leave a stupid mark on your arm when youre done playing!:agreed:

19. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

Right on...no more purple forearm groove :metal:

Shad

20. shadscbr

shadscbr SS.org Regular

whoops, my bad on the Mckee 7 string. For some reason I thought his multiscale was a 7, i just youtube'd him, and it is a 6....doh!! :nuts:

I guess I really wanted it to be 7 :)

Shad