Whitechapel Guitar/Bass Rig

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by AlexWadeWC, Apr 28, 2009.

1. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

post it in the Line 6 HD thread then. The WC guitarist doesnt own a HD500, so what the fuck do you think he'll be able to help out with?

Ben.Last likes this.
  2. german7

german7 SS.org Regular

nice rig.. congrats

3. BC6x3

BC6x3 SS.org Regular

hey man wicked rig but just a few questions. have you ever played a randall V2H head? I think you should check it out it's a real baby eater.
    and have you ever used seymore duncan blackouts? I think they're a little better than emg's.
    But anyway thanks for the rig shots and if it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have gotten in to seven strings, let alone death grind.

4. Larrikin666

Larrikin666 Deadite

This thread is somewhat irrelevant since the addition of the Axe-FX.

Rick likes this.
  5. Rick

Rick ALL HAIL DJOD Forum MVP

A bit. He is now just using the 5150 III power amp section with the Axe-FX.

6. Sepultorture

Sepultorture Murder Machine

Well not quite yet, i know he's taking the Axe FX on the road with him, but it hasn't 100% for sure replaced the 5150 III head. i'm pretty sure he's still using the head atlesat for the power amp and their recto cabs. although it'd be tits if they go full FRFR FoH. we shall see.

7. AlexWadeWC

AlexWadeWC SS.org Regular

Hahahaha god this thread needs to be locked up.

Since this I've went from the POD X3 Live, to a full pedalboard of individual pedals again, and now I'm with the Axe-FX being controlled by a Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro.

And yeah I'm just running the Axe-FX into the effects return and using the EVH as a power amp into my Mesa cab, and I absolutely love it, I've found my holy grail tone.

8. xCaptainx

xCaptainx Dr Djodson

any thought about ditching the EVH as a powermp and using a Mesa 2:90 or something similar?

9. matisq

matisq SS.org Regular

Thanks for sharing this and for instant updates :D
    Also thanks for crashing riffage on "The Darkest Day Of Man" - song we will soon cover with my friends from band.

10. Lives Once Abstract

Lives Once Abstract Avid Musician

You guys are amazing, you should come out to texas again some time, i saw you at monster mosh on halloween, you guys should do a show with suicide silence, as blood runs black, the black dahlia murder, job for a cowboy, bring me the horizon, and winds of plague, that would be the sickest metal show ever!

11. BuriedAlive

BuriedAlive SS.org Regular

Hey, I've always wanted the chance to ask you this, What was your first stage worthy rig that you had?

12. AlexWadeWC

Hahaha hmmm first stage worthy rig ever? I had a Marshall MG series head and some beat up no name 4x12 that the guy who sold it to me said "yeah man it has celestions in it, just like a mesa cab" of course me being 16 I had no idea what celestions meant and just cared that it made noise, and a Mesa is what I really wanted so I just got it. Later on I sold that cab and got a Mesa cab and while the MG head still sounded like shit the Mesa made a huge difference and I was blown away hahaha. Then I sold the MG head and got a 5150 and it was all over from there, I was in metal heaven hahaha.

I also completely scooped the mids on the MG head to 0..... god.... :noplease: Hahaha my how things change.

13. AlexWadeWC

Maybe down the road but right now the EVH is working fine, plus I don't have any extra rack space for a power amp hahaha

And all of my funding is currently going towards recording gear as well :p hahaha

14. Josh_Conlee

Josh_Conlee GRVMND 2014

Hey Alex, liking this rig...even though you have an Axe FX now :p...I was just wondering, what does the vht valvulator do?

15. Soubi7string

Soubi7string WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP

strengthens the signal that is lost during the usage of multiple pedals and reverses the effects of "tone suck" of non-true bypass pedals.....I think

16. AlexWadeWC

Correct, why zach used it in his effects loop? no idea. he just had it and threw it in the loop and liked it. gave a slight bit more saturation.

17. Josh_Conlee

Josh_Conlee GRVMND 2014

Hmm....strange....kind of seems like a sonic maximizer could've done the job for him....whatever sounds good though

18. ivancic1al

ivancic1al Probrem?

Hey Alex, 'grats on making it into Guitar World, just opened up a recent issue and your rig was on the last page. :hbang: ( the first part I check when I get the magazine)

19. Kamikaze7

Kamikaze7 Banned

Alex,

Just saw you guys last night for the first time at the Starland Ballroom in NJ, and was really surprised and had an awesome time! Had a good sound last night and I had a nice spot right next to the sound board to see and watch the mayhem first hand!

Just wanted to say you guys were and sounded awesome last night! Also, congrats to you, Ben and Zach on the new axes - both the FM-408's (Ben with the sickly swirled FM-418!!!) and the new Horizon NT-7's you guys scored!!! Will be looking forward to seeing you guys again when you come back here!!!

I told Ben that I'd catch up to him on here after the show last night, and then realized it was you and not him... Tell him my bad about that! Again, awesome show last night, and will catch up to you guys next time your back here!!!

:hbang::metal::shred::agreed::wavey:

20. Eric Christian

Eric Christian Banned

Excellent. Already got my ticket for your Portland Oregon show coming up March 9th.