where would you love to live?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by M3CHK1LLA, Aug 30, 2017.

1. BornToLooze

BornToLooze SS.org Regular

1. do you like the city/town you live in now, why?
    Not really, I like that I live right down the road from my job and that are good schools, but I don't like living close to a bunch of people.
    2. if you could live anywhere that you have lived in or visited, where would it be?
    add a map too.

Build a cabin up at my deer camp instead of a shitty trailer that's falling apart.
    3. if you could live anywhere that you never been to, where would it be and why?
    I'd like to be able to go big game hunting whenever I want instead of having to drive halfway across the country. But the cold turns me into a little bitch. So maybe out in the sticks in Colorado or somewhere not too far north, but still has stuff like elk and bear.
    4. why don't you live in your dream city?
    Can't afford to move and all my family lives down here.
    5. the one place your glad you don't live lol
    California. Probably 90% of my personality is illegal there.

steinmetzify and M3CHK1LLA like this.
  2. M3CHK1LLA

M3CHK1LLA angel sword guardian

glad i made this thread...

seeing some new interesting/beautiful places ive never heard of mentioned as well as where not to live :lol:

3. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

It's ok...it's clean, I live in the mountains, people are mostly nice, it's low crime.

2. if you could live anywhere that you have lived in or visited, where would it be?
    add a map too.

I'd move back to Denver. That place is the bomb and I'm a rockstar there.

3. if you could live anywhere that you never been to, where would it be and why?

Fiji...I love warm weather, the beach, and I love to surf.

Same as everyone else, I guess....I'm 43, have family here that needs me etc...

Moved out of Detroit at 16....it's a hovel and getting worse.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  4. man jerk

man jerk SS.org Regular

Hmm... Yes and no. Its a gorgeous place to live, the weather is nice year round (4 seasons), it's not to big and not too small. Easy access to the mountains.

But I'm kind of over this place. Not enough to do, not enough cool unusual places in town. Sometimes I miss living in a larger city (spent 16 years in Minneapolis) and miss some of the city "stuff". Yea, I'm 1 hour from Denver, but I don't like Denver.

Colorado is cool, but it's not like it used to be. It used to be a backwater cowtown and it was much better then. It's really crowded and you can't afford to be in the mountains. The mountains used to be for the hardy people who could handle the inconveniences of living in the mountains. Now it's the domain of the Wealthy. And who the hell wants to spend time in the mountains sitting in traffic jams. Add the bro-brah-bruh crowd and it's almost unlivable.

There are amazing places in Colorado and I've been so fortunate to spend so much of my life here. So many cool places to see and explore, but now you have to share it with sooo many people.

add a map too.
    Someplace in the mountains if I could afford it. Leadville, Durango, Ouray, Glenwood Springs, Steamboat.

Sweden most likely, been eyeing Gothenburg. My wife and I have actually had some very, very serious conversations about moving to Sweden/Scandinavia. Lots of reasons that I won't really get into here. I've started learning the language and researching what it would take. I'm in the middle of planning a 3 week trip there next summer with our kids who will be 7 and 10. Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Oslo, Reykjavik. After our trip we will decide if it's something we want to pursue. Would likely be a 2-3 year temporary stint. Would rent out our house, so we would have a place to come back to, and it would also be a kind of parachute in case things don't go our way. Then we would let the kids finish High School here then sell the house and move somewhere else.

I'm working in it.

Minnesota. All my family lives there and it's nice to be far from the family drama. There are lots of things I miss about Minnesota but living there is not one of them. Great place to visit though.