Where were you at 16?

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by groovemasta, Jul 30, 2011.

1. CRaul87

CRaul87 SS.org Regular

what kind of alt picking at 220bpm m8? 3note per string 16th note patterns or just straight triplets?
    sixteenth triplets? u mean sextuplets?(6 notes per beat at 140bpm?)

2. Sikthness

Sikthness SS.org Regular

At 16 I was playing Killswitch Engage and Fear factory songs sloppily and being quite pleased with myself. Shit that was only 9 years ago, and 16 year olds these days are playin AAL and whatnot like it's nothin. Motherfuckers! :scream:

3. jrg828

jrg828 Dr. Breakfast

4. skeels

skeels ..to pay the beels

At 16 I was.. was.... wait, what was the question again?

5. Jake

Jake GAS Master

at 16 which would be 2 years ago i was on some sort of confused mainstream kick, nickelback, hinder, papa roach, but then i got into more technical stuff and began to progress alot faster soon after that

6. syndrone

syndrone Gear Fetish Boy

i started at the age of 7 and with 16 my technique was very good already, playing e.g. all COB stuff + solos nicely with ease (playing 4-6 hours almost every day..)
    today im 24 and pretty much can play anything that`s on the market, but i didn`t improve my technique A LOT since then. I guess I just fine tuned it and became a much better musician (tone, quality of music, stage performance etc)
    because becoming a good guitarist is different from becoming a good shredder..!
    that`s two pairs of shoes. and it`s never too late to become anything of the two! you can always improve whatever you want, it`s just up to you i guess..
    have fun and always enjoy the way to become better! : )

7. Augury

Augury f*ckin bow down!

I'm 16 right now, playing for 1yr with something, I play alot Lamb of God, AOAA and other songs I like. I'm developing my technique alot for some weeks. I just thought "hey, I know everything about gear, alot of music theory but I suck at guitar!". So I just started to make lots excercises with metronome. I feel I'm getting much better.

8. Dan_Vacant

Dan_Vacant Hi I'm Dan.

Where I am now but that is because I'm still 16 woot for the youthfulness, but my dad says my guitar playing has greatly improved recently so I went from crap to okay lmao

9. Tranquilliser

Tranquilliser SS.org Regular

At 16 I'd barely begun playing.

10. TheBotquax

TheBotquax SS.org Regular

At 16 (a.k.a 3 months ago) I was getting OK at sweeping+alternate/economy picking and still knew fuck-all about writing a half decent song. After practicing a stupid amount recently and recording a ton of stuff, I've gotten a lot better. There's still a long ways to go though