Where can I find a Madison Prophecy head?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Josh Geohagan, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Geohagan

Josh Geohagan SS.org Regular

I just read that the company was over, and the only result that I saw on Ebay was gone the day before I decided to bid on it.

Does anyone know if there is one for sale anywhere?

2. Larrikin666

Larrikin666 Deadite

You're gonna have a hard time finding one. I don't remember those being made as much as the Divinity. I think I've only ever seen one pop up for sale on a forum before.

3. Josh Geohagan

Yeah. I saw one on Ebay a few days ago, and after some research, I was going to go online and place my bid, only to find that the seller took it off. There weren't any previous bids on it, and it had 2 days left before it expired.

The only other that I have seen for sale was a craigslist ad, but that expired quite a while ago.

4. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

5. Josh Geohagan

:lol:It's sold out, I already checked the site. But thanks anyways.

After I visited the Madison site and saw the goodbye message, I tried sending him an email, but I guess that account is no longer active, so I couldn't do anything with that.

I hate being indecisive. I saw one for like 350 on Ebay just a week ago, and the day I decided to buy it, it just disappears.:wallbash:

6. Larrikin666

Larrikin666 Deadite

LOL. The red dot was pretty small on my phone. Totally didn't think to zoom in on it.

Any reason you were set on a Prophecy? The Divinity heads were actually pretty decent. Very good clarity.

7. Josh Geohagan

I don't need a 100W tube head. I'm 17 and going to school, and not even playing shows at the moment, and when I did, 100 watts of SS would be plenty. It also helps that it goes for around 400 now.

And for some reason I've always preferred the tightness that you could get with SS amps. I don't necessarily think that they are better, just more suited for what I've doing at the moment.

I have a Carvin V3 combo at the moment, and trying to haul that around to practice and back is a major pain in the ass, and it's really fizzy unless I get it loud, and having it set on half power, I still haven't gone even halfway on the master volume.

8. MaxOfMetal

Look for an Ampeg VH140. They're some great old SS amps.

9. Josh Geohagan

Are there any other great SS amps that you would recommend that I look out for? I'm looking for something pretty similar to the Prophecy if I can't find it.

10. Thep

Thep Blast & Sweep

Crate GT3500 and Randall RG200s.

11. MaxOfMetal

I've never played a Prophecy but including the aforementioned VH140, there's the Crate GT3500, and Marshall Valvestate 8200. Those are all known for being great sounding SS heads.

Josh Geohagan likes this.
  12. dantel666

dantel666 SS.org Regular

Randall SS amps are pretty good. I have a Randall SS combo and it sounds really good.

13. Josh Geohagan

What Randall SS amps would you recommend? Thank you so far for all of your responses.

14. maximummetal288

maximummetal288 SS.org Regular

I would recommend the Marshall 8100 or the 8200. I've had an 8100 for about 5 years now and its a great amp for the price... hell its a great amp period! If you wanna hear one listen to Symbolic by Death or some old Meshuggah live videos.

15. xtrustisyoursx

xtrustisyoursx SS.org Regular

Peavey XXL and Crate G-130 are my fav SS amps. The Crate is the same distortion circuitry as the Ampeg VH-140, and the clean is a clone of a Roland Jazz Chorus.

16. Josh Geohagan

Randall seems to be known for making good SS amps, but almost everything I read talks about getting a good 'Dimebag tone,' and I'm not exactly sure if that is a good thing or not.

I guess what I am trying to hint at is, are the Randall amps limited to basically Pantera-like tones?

17. jllozano

jllozano SS.org Regular

Try the madison divinity II with a 12AT7 in V1 and JJ E34L's in the power section ....tight as can be, easily beats any solidstate in volume and also you gain the dynamic touch "sensitiveness" of tubes :D

For solid state try Peavey XXL, bandit(i cut the combo into a head, one of my all time favorite amps), supreme ...Ampegs and Randalls as said before also work great

18. Josh Geohagan

That's the thing, I don't need massive amounts of volume. Even at stage level, 100W of SS is enough.

I've heard a lot of mixed things about the XXL, and the only thing I can find about Randalls is that primarily Pantera fans rave about them.

Nothing against Dimebag, but I'm not a huge fan of his tone.

19. Razzy

Razzy [10]

Randalls are good for a lot more than Dimebag tones. Check out an RH150G3 Plus if you can. I had one for awhile and I LOVED it. It was really just a damn good sounding amp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.