What's your top 10 games of 2017 looking like at this point?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by Ralyks, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Basically the name of the thread. Right now I'm looking like this:

10. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
    9. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
    8. South Park: The Fractured But Whole
    7. Destiny 2
    6. Resident Evil 7: biohazard
    5. NieR: Automata
    4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    3. Horizon: Zero Dawn
    2. Night in the Woods
    1. Persona 5

List is kind of tentative outside of I'm pretty sure Night in the Woods and Persona 5 are locked into their positions, not only for how much I've been into them, but the lasting impact they've had on me as a gamer (and in Night in the Woods case, my life). Only have PS4 and Switch so haven't played anything of Xbox One yet or PC (otherwise, I'm sure Cuphead and/or PlayerUnkown's Battlegrounds would find its way on here). Plus some sequels I haven't tried yet (Shadow of War and Yakuza Kiwami comes to mind). What about you guys? Maybe I can see what I've missed, and still see whats coming (looking at you, Super Mario Odyssey).

2. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I was talking to a buddy about this the other day and I feel like 2017 has been a pretty forgettable year for gaming for me . admittedly i have had no time to really get into allot of games I've bought . but everything has been a bit meh to me and hard to get into

My biggest gaming time sink for the year has been stardew valley on my macbook and that came out last year ,after that xcom which is like 7 years old

my best game of 2017 would go to Nioh I guess even though I haven't finished it

3. myrtorp

myrtorp Jiggywiggy

I haven't bought many new games this year.. I want a Switch and im sure Zelda would be nr 1 but im still waiting for more titles to drop before i get my hands on one!
    My most played this year has been Overwatch and Chivalry (still after 5 years lol)
    I've had a harder time getting invested in single player games than before. Is it a lack of good games or am I a lazy person who just wants the same old online titles? Theres alot of time for gaming but I spent most of it online with my friends.

EDIT: The only AAA game i got so far is Dishonoured 2 and it was a great game, so thats my nr 1 atleast! :)

4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

1. dishonored 2
    2. Hellblade: Senua's sacrifice
    3. Nioh
    4. Aragami
    5. South Park Fractured But Whole
    6. prey
    Still need to check out Nier, Breath of the Wild and some other games so my list will likely change.

5. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

So as expected, Super Mario Odyssey is going to have to bump something off of the list. And There's a good chance Hellblade would do the same. Mario Kart 8, Resident Evil 7, and/or Walking Dead might have to join games like Yakuza and Life in Strange: Before the Storm in the honorable mentions section...