What's your diagnosis?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle, Health, Fitness & Food' started by kazzie, May 13, 2015.

1. asher

asher So Did We

Yeah, I guess that's what it's called. Definitely not as warped looking as the wiki picture, and have never been told it's given me any negative effects (it's only 1-2 1/2").

Can't hurt!

Again, he wasn't responding to you specifically, just using your comment - and one of the easy ways to read it - as a jumping off point. And it's certainly a viewpoint that others have repeatedly expressed on this forum, so it was worth saying (particularly in ADHD/ADD threads).

Thanks Aug.

2. classicalmetal24

classicalmetal24 SS.org Regular

Diagnosed with grave's diseases when I was 8 1/2 years old (symptoms appeared a few days after an immunization), received radioactive iodine treatment at 16 years of age, left my thyroid just a bit smaller than it should have been, I now take thyroxine to balance out hormone levels that the thyroid produces. I have to take that medicine for the rest of my life.

3. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel K-U-N-fusion!

Bipolar disorder for me...it sucks, but I'm on the right meds for it now, so I'm about as "normal" as a guy like me can be. :lol:

4. tacotiklah

tacotiklah I am Denko (´・ω・`)

For mental:
    Severe PTSD (the real deal and not that fake ass tumblr kind), Chronic Depression, Gender Dysphoria

For physical:
    Type 2 diabetes, Bilateral Flat Sensorineural Hearing Loss, (now completely treated and healed of) early stages of melanoma. astigmatism.

Yeah, I got some stuff wrong with me, but I'm working through it. Some things can be cured (like the cancerous moles on my back), others have no cure and can only be treated (like my hearing loss and gender dysphoria).

5. asher

asher So Did We

as of yesterday, official ADHD Inattentive Type. which means, once I find a new damn primary care physician, trying meds.

6. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    Every time I've changed cities, and therefore physicians, I go through a period where the new doctor has reactions to various differences from the norm.

And they never want to take the word of previous physicians and the evidence of previous testing regarding that it's just the way I work.

I cringe when I hear the word "anomaly" in the context of my body. *laugh*

7. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Psycho, dont engage

I get paranoid, itchy, and irrational when I don't play guitar for an extended period of time..

I honestly am reluctant to get some kind of mental health test, or whatever it is that takes place to earn the results that I'd rather not hear. I'm anxious enough as it is!

My teachers in elementary school (who were old hippies) said I was very "busy" but it was pretty much ignored.

Let's fast forward to 4 years ago. My gf and I were watching a new reality show about OCD and after it got going, I had suppressed memories from childhood come back to me.

I constantly chewed my shirt collar, I had bizarre exiting rituals, walking rituals, I needed a sense of evenness whenever I spun in one direction or another, or when I touched things I had a specific rhythm pattern that I still remember.

I turned the show off. I couldn't believe it, but I had to. About that same time my son was diagnosed with autism.

My father is pretty cooky, and his family is all over the spectrum, ranging from my uncle Robert, who was diagnosed with schizophrenia after he flipped out before a stage performance in his late teens, to my aunt Kathy who's been married 6 times and talks a mile a minute, Uncle Tom, who in his 40s is still couch surfing and skateboarding, is prone to fits of anger and is a martial arts master who had to register his hands and feet as deadly weapons, to my uncle Dan, a twitchy marathon runner who flips out on his wife when there's a smudge on the microwave. My aunt and one of my uncles have kids and they're pieces of work as well.

I can only imagine what I've got wrong with me..besides the anxiety and the Prozac.

Oh, and I have ulnar fasciitis, deteriorating nerves in both arms and I'm very sure I'm going to be losing feeling in my fingers and toes within 10 years.

8. odibrom

odibrom .

... there once was a doctor so good that even to healthy people he would find something...

9. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Oh hey I used to do that too. I don't think I've ever known/heard of another person who did it though.

10. kromeasdf

kromeasdf SS.org Regular

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis this May, and it's been pain in the ass so far.
    Not only does it disable me physically every now and then, but it affects mental health and cognitive function a lot.