What's wrong with Michael Keene?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Velokki, May 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squids

squids .

i know some people that fit that description to a T, and this was the cherry on top hahahaha (though it should be "dank memes")

that guy is a shredder. maybe not as accomplished as keene but definitely has some insane chops. seems like he responds on his instagram, so maybe DM him about everything that went down? even if you end up paying him for lessons, i'd imagine youd get more than your money's worth

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. isomorphic

isomorphic Banned

My arguments have definitely degraded now because I've said all I needed to say earlier (when people had to twist my words to have ANY counter-point).

Bottom line is I have very little tolerance for shitty behavior and don't feel sorry for any rumors or accusations that may go along with them. Especially if I've heard them from people I trust.

works0fheart likes this.
  3. Ordacleaphobia

Ordacleaphobia Can only power chord

Fair enough, no one's calling you a liar, dude; we just don't know your friends. Or you, really. It'd be a dumb thing to lie about but we've all known people to lie for less so people are skeptical.

Personally, I'm curious to see if the new single is really going to lead into an August release, and if getting the album finalized was a contributing factor to this whole tour disaster. Or just more of the same. I don't think much would surprise me, at this point.

4. Dineley

Dineley SS.org Regular

Sooooo like I said a billion posts ago.

If dude didn't rip people off and scam people and act sketchy no one would care if he's on drugs or not.

Really who cares if drugs are "just a rumour" what's not a rumour is that he's a huge dick. Tonnes of musicians are on drugs and people don't think any less of them or even care at all because they aren't being total dicks.

Stealing peoples money hurts his reputation/image, not being on drugs, as seen in this thread people would be very supportive/understanding of a guy who has a problem with drugs.

5. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger Contributor

You think they'd just release the album to try and do a bit of damage control.

squids likes this.
  6. ArtDecade

ArtDecade Unhindered by Talent

If the album is anything like that last track, they are not doing themselves any favors.

7. Velokki

Velokki GAS station

I'd be one to disagree. If the new album is anything in the lines of The Black Star or The Spiraling Void, I'm sold. And this doesn't put me in Isomorphic's category of totally blind fanboys who eat anything you put on their plate - I just happen to genuinely like both songs!

JoshuaVonFlash and takotakumi like this.
  8. lovisjudeau

lovisjudeau SS.org Regular

Hey guys, somehow this will seem off topic BUT The Faceless will be playing a concert on June 2nd in my town!! I will be confronting that man. If he does not cooperate let us see what the police can do at the border ;).

@Velokki I will be asking him to contact you, could you give me an e-mail-address I can hand over?

ps. Did you know that the new album is to be named "In Becoming A Ghost"? Somehow I feel like having experienced his transformation.

9. Velokki

Velokki GAS station

Man, that would be so ace!

But regrettably, as you live in Hamburg, I think you were still in the belief that The Faceless would actually play EU shows this year.
    http://www.metalinjection.net/lates...ech-fest-2017-appearance-entire-european-tour

:)

aesthyrian and xCaptainx like this.
  10. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

I'm not giving him a free pass, I don't fucking tune into MTV or the random noise you're always surrounded by to stay away from petty drama about rumors being spread around in identical fashion to how you're doing.

You're also the kind of person that shit content appeals to, I couldn't care less if he does drugs or not like I said previously. Call him out on his bullshit like scamming the OP and the frustration the people who expected to see them at the show are having. The second you start waving around your status among your local scene and the fact that someone told you a little rumor about a guy who already has a lot of negative outlook in the community as is, you immediately lose all credibility to me :lol:

Good luck on your crusade, I'm sure your quest to set Keene straight will work out just great :rofl:

oracles and squids like this.
  11. squids

squids .

all this talk about keene had me relearn the spiraling void, he may be a scumbag but the guy can write some technical riffs.
    does anyone know if he still uses randall amps to get that tone (aside from them being "stolen" :lol:)?

12. lovisjudeau

lovisjudeau SS.org Regular

ARGGGG goddamn I am slow. A friend told me they where coming and the german ticket distributor is still selling tickets so I thought this must be true...
    I will try to keep up with what is happening. If there are any news on tours officially being cancelled or re-confirmed again pls tell me!

Velokki likes this.
  13. AliceLG

AliceLG \m/^_^\m/

I was going to that same show. Eventim contacted me regarding a reimbursement. Hafenklang already filled the spot with another show. I don't think it'll happen :(

14. isomorphic

isomorphic Banned

You failed to mention the massive list of talent and management Keene has alienated to the point where they quit a band that is continually direct support on the biggest tech/death metal tours in the world. These are facts.

OP has already private messaged me saying he talked to a few of the largest, most respected talents in the LA tech/metal scene directly and they do not like Keene.

Continue to live in your basement guitarist fantasyland where there's no potential for drama aside from people like me on an extended range guitar message board calling out one of your favorite guitarists for being massive dicks and spreading the word that being able to write good tech riffs does not excuse this behavior regardless of drug use or no drug use.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  15. Emperor Guillotine

Emperor Guillotine The Almighty Ruler

Everyone is sitting in this thread arguing about confronting Keene in some manner about his behavior, and I'm just sitting over here wondering where the mods are at and how in the hell this isomorphic brat hasn't been permanently banned yet with how he continues to immaturely shoot off his mouth in post after post. :spock:

16. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

We're here like

[​IMG]

Mods are here like

[​IMG]

JoshuaVonFlash, squids and Nlelith like this.
  17. silverabyss

silverabyss J. Custom taste, Gio budget Contributor

An internet forum is like court where the burden of proof is on the complainant

Yeah, Keane's character is nothing short of dubious at this point, but until the story breaks that he was busted by cops or evidence beyond hearsay it's just that: Hearsay

Most of us are bored waiting around to see what's going to happen. My opinion of the tracks released has been sort of flavored negatively by all this drama but a small part of me wants to see an agreeable outcome to all this.

Addicts do and say and neglect fucked up things but everyone deserves at least one chance to get help/clean.

PD and Akeldama are great albums. I don't like the direction he went where he wanted to be the second coming of Devin Townshend but there you go.

18. isomorphic

isomorphic Banned

LOL. What rules have I broken? I got banned last time for calling someone a "moron". Haven't called anyone names since.

by 7 string logic you should be banned for calling me a mean name.

19. 7 Strings of Hate

7 Strings of Hate Mid-Level Asshole Contributor

This just in. Musicians do drugs sometimes!! I have this on the authority of credible sources. Please don't question my investigative journalism skills!

ArtDecade likes this.
  20. marcwormjim

marcwormjim SS.org Regular

I get that the mods haven't finished their popcorn yet, but can this post be set as isomorphic's sig?

Not even Jeffbro leaked this much cowper's fluid in his posts.

JoshuaVonFlash, ArtDecade and squids like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.