What's a good rack power conditioner today ?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Andromalia, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

My old trusty one gave up after 12 years of service, I haven't followed what was happening on this side, checked Thomann and Furman still has 6571387 models. XD
    Looking for power regulation not just a glorified distributor, that will get used for my axefx2+Focusrite+Tubemeister 18+ microkorg+ my PC.

2. Moltar

Moltar SS.org Regular

I was looking a while ago for an actual power REGULATOR and found Furmans one space version, https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/P1800AR
    Very expensive though. Maybe someone else knows of a cheaper one that actually regulates power voltage and isn't >$1000

I have a cheapy Furman conditioner with some sort of filtering stuff but I definitely notice the sound of my amp change with the varying voltage. My brother has a unit that measures the line voltage and it will vary anywhere between 116v to 124v.

3. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Search out a deal on a used SurgeX sx115.

I payed full price for my first one, and got a SCREAMIN' deal on the second.

There's some videos on YT that show why SurgeX tech is different... and better.

4. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

Furman 100%
    I just wanted something that powered my devices more conveniently and alot of the marketing spiel on products does not wash with me.
    HOWEVER, the furman is amazing. Takes my noisy humming power at my house/practice studio, and makes things completely noise free.
    Without it, i cant track guitars at home for album recording use, because the hum ruins the takes. With it, its perfect.

I own the plus ce and it was the best money spent. Even their lower end one looks perfect. I have another 2 on my gas list.

5. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Yeah, regulators are expensive, but if I buy one every 10 years I'm fine with it. I checked the SurgeX thing, looks like it's only made with USA power specs and plug format so not for me. (I live in France)

6. TonyFlyingSquirrel

TonyFlyingSquirrel Cherokee Warrior

Same here, nothing but Furman for 25+ years now. Had one in my touring rack, have one in my studio, always reliable, always quiet, & now they have LED lights in them rather than the nightlight bulbs, so no more heat emission from the lights.

7. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Blames it on "the rain"

The upper tier furmans are quality. The entry level units are little more than power strips with varistors across line and neutral (120v) and line, or line (230v) so while they offer some surge protection; they do very little for filtering power. You'll want to find one with EMF/RF filters along with line regulation.

8. budda

budda Guiterrorizer Contributor

We're looking for a power conditioner right now, this info is quite useful :yesway:

PBGas and DudeManBrother like this.