What type of frets on agile?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by jayarpeggios, Jun 2, 2010.

1. jayarpeggios

jayarpeggios SS.org Regular

so i have had an agile 8 string here for just 2 days short of six months :)

this is my guitar here

anyways i have no idea how i tell if i have nickel frets.. anyone here know for sure if agile puts SS or nickel on? i have ONLY used la bella crazy eights on them.. "nickle plated".

after 6 months i dont think i should be needing a re-fret.. so i assume they must be nickel frets on here.. plus the specs dont say stainless so +1 to me thinking its nickel. i play everyday about 4-6 hours and my style does tend to require a bit of a stronger attack than most.. so i cant really change my technique to much cause if i play any lighter i dont get that tone i am going for..

do you think i can kill SS frets that quickly? and does nickel vs SS frets make a hugh difference?

oh and one more thing if you dont mind i might just be looking for a new 8 string and im gonna go custom if i do.. any recommendations?

2. wannabguitarist

wannabguitarist Contributor

Definitely not stainless, I also wouldn't be surprised if they were softer than what you may be used too.

3. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

What do you mean by attack?
    Shouldn't that come from the picking hand anyway?
    It's possible to have a light touch and still have a mean attack.

4. jayarpeggios

true and that is mostly what i mean the picking hand.. but that still adds more pressure... either way it doesnt really matter. and i have also found out that apparently you can only get SS frets on a custom 8 string atm..

5. Harry

Harry Doom man of Doom. Contributor

On a custom 8?
    I'm sure you could just take your guitar to a luthier and they'll put SS frets on for you, there's no need to get a custom made guitar to get those frets :scratch:

6. jayarpeggios

yea but if i am gonna buy a guitar why buy it then have someone rip the frets off from day one... better to just go custom anyways.