What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

As much as I like my Schecter E1, I think I decided I'm more of a fan of singlecuts. So I need something to replace it that can tickle my Les Paul pickle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Curt and rexbinary like this.
  2. stevexc

stevexc Contributor

[​IMG]

Oh yes, it will be mine. Again.

USMarine75 likes this.
  3. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

Once upon a time it was DS-1 clone. I have a DH (whatever last version was) and the Keeley DS9 as well. Both cover the same territory and I personally haven't found much use for either yet.

i found this article to be somewhat helpful for tweaking tips... but I admit I haven't given the pedal much time. It's acclaimed best use is like a TS in front of an already dirty amp, but it did not sound good in front of some of my other dirt pedals, or my KSR Ares, from the 15 minutes I gave it.

http://www.bestguitareffects.com/boss-ds-1-distortion-pedal-review-best-guitar-distortion-pedal/

Price range?

You looking for vintage singlecut a la LP, or something more modern?

4. getowned7474

getowned7474 Neck_Pro

Got one of these on the way.
    Just need a ambient reverb and a compressor and my pedal rig is done.

[​IMG]

5. HeHasTheJazzHands

Nah I'm pretty much just looking at these 3. Another option woiuld be a PRS SE245 or Zach Myers sig.

6. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Thanks for the reply. I've played with the Dark Horse some, and got it a little closer to useable for me, but still not sure if I like it or not.

7. USMarine75

Try those settings, especially in front of a dirty amp, and let me know if you come up with anything.

(save me some time lol)

8. Spaced Out Ace

What settings? I'm kind of panicked about a class I add/dropped today, only to find out the class I added is more difficult than the one I dropped and I'm probably in way over my head. I'm hoping my school will let me add/drop a second time for a class a little more suitable for someone new to whatever it is the class is teaching me.

9. USMarine75

The link had some recommended settings for the DS1. Good luck!

10. Curt

Curt Where we're going we don't need neck pickups

My vote personally goes to none of those, but rather the Zach Myers in that vintage sunburst. the stoptail with the saddles is a nice touch, and for some reason, and I don't know if this is true of the core PRS Semi-hollows, but the SE semi-hollows I've played including the Zach Myers sound absolutely massive under gain. I am pretty well caught up in the choice between the Custom 22 SH with Trem, and Michael Kelly 1965 mod shop.

11. HeHasTheJazzHands

You're not lying. My 277 Semi sounds fucking huge. It's what sold me on semi-hollows for metal.

I'm still strongly considering the LTD. I'm a sucker for a Les Paul Custom, and I've been an ESP fanboy for as long as I've been a PRS fanboy. But a Zach Myers may be #2.

12. Spaced Out Ace

Ah, okay. Thanks. I'll check it out when I have some time.

13. CapinCripes

CapinCripes Trem Snob

With tax season coming up, im planning on getting a EVH 5150 III combo, and either two used USA jacksons or a jackson and an esp. There's always the CS624 that would either replace one of the jacksons or esp's i really want to spec out but that is something im WAY on the fence about. That is unless NAMM has something mind-blowing coming.

14. protest

protest SS.org Regular

I've had the LTD and now own an Edwards and really prefer the Edwards. The neck is much different though. Somewhere in between the Gibson 50's and 60's necks.

15. zarg

zarg guitar and computer nerd

one of those guys will be my next (don't know what color, depens on what I can get used) to compliment my HT7 Pro.

Thinking about either getting a BKP Juggernaut for the Bridge of my 7 string Pro Series or not, it sounds a bit lacking in the mids and highs... maybe the pickup is too far from the strings? it looks a bit far, what pickup height is a good starting point? I might just skip the BKP for now, save the cash and get the HT6 sooner.

[​IMG]

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  16. Curt

This Warmoth build that's up on reverb. Plan to drop a gotoh 510 bridge of some variety in place of the awful American standard bridge, and load off the old pickguard onto my MIJ 80's strat and put a BKP Black Dog/2x mother's milk setup into it and call it a day.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    NickS, KnightBrolaire and zarg like this.
  17. Curt

Dunno about pickup height, that's one of those "play with it until it sounds right" things. But I definitely think the Juggernaut would be a good choice, I know Misha supposedly worked with them on the pickups in these, but if it's not getting the sound you want, then perhaps that's the only option that makes sense. Anyway, I REALLY need them to bring that blue to the HT6 pro series.

18. zarg

zarg guitar and computer nerd

yeah they're not bad, I'll tinker with the pickup height and try to make it work and put those ~190€ towards getting the HT6 USA since I really like sevens but because of my band I play a lot more six right now.
    I hope I can get the Laguna Burst one... it's so sexy. honestly though, if I went in any customshop speccing out my "signature" guitar, It would end up awfully close to the Jackson Juggernaut, it's my favority guitar specs and looks wise.

[​IMG]

19. Curt

At one time I could have said the same. I still love those, but man, if I had to spec out a signature these days, it would probably be pretty boring looking. I've increasingly found myself going back to more tame superstrat stuff. Like either full on strat shape, or something like the Suhr Modern, no real preference for fret numbers, but rarely use anything past the 22nd anyway, and a gotoh 510 trem with some medium output pickups.

zarg likes this.
  20. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

I wanted a workhorse hardtail to keep in B Standard/Drop A. Nailed a deal on a see thru black LTD H302 and a Black Winter for the bridge. Stoked.

protest and Spaced Out Ace like this.