What is your next guitar/gear purchase gonna be?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by M3CHK1LLA, Feb 28, 2013.

1. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

[​IMG]

Assuming my POG sells tomorrow (which it should), I'm picking this up with the funds. It's the old version but it still gets the job done!

Also if my cab sells tomorrow (which it might not) I'm ordering one of these:

[​IMG]

Spinedriver and USMarine75 like this.
  2. sonofabias

sonofabias SS.org Regular

Fuchs Mantis Jr. head , it's a little monster !

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  3. BenjaminW

BenjaminW SS.org Regular

Probably a pedalboard with some new effects. But I am planning on getting a new guitar some time down the road.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  4. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher Reason User Contributor

I wish they would bring this color combo stateside.

5. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

ikr, japan gets all the cool stuff.

M3CHK1LLA and ThePhilosopher like this.
  6. Thrashman

Thrashman Got Groove?

just paid for the new guitar, so I suppose in betwen that and the aristides I'm gonna buy a Mono Vertigo case so that I don't have to lug around a hardcase on the tube. They seem solid, and for the price they better be!

7. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Order one from Ikebe :shrug:

8. ThePhilosopher

ThePhilosopher Reason User Contributor

I know that's the immediate action step to take, but that doesn't change my opinion on the finish coming this way.

9. USMarine75

USMarine75 Doc McStuffins Contributor

It actually arrived early. Despite the tracking it showed up on Saturday! That was the good news. The bad:

1. The action was set to > 1/4". Easily corrected, but jeez I would like to think that factories would give a guitar a basic setup on the way out the door. I'd also like to think Musiciansfriend at least gives a guitar a once over before they sell it. I understand this isn't a small shop offering a full custom setup with purchase, but at least make sure it's playable out of the box. On the bright side, now I have an even bigger appreciation for SRV playing with 13s and high action!

2. The guitar was tuned up fully. I've always thought guitars were shipped with the strings detuned?

3. The guitar has a lot of scratches. At first I thought it was just the pickguard plastic cover, but they were through that and into the pickguard, as well as the pickup covers. This thing looks like it was a beater at GC that everyone has had a turn on. Kind of dismayed that Musiciansfriend would let something go out the door like this.

Additional good news:

1. Although I have played Fluence pickups before at the Axe Palace for several hours and A/B'd against other pickups and through several rigs, but there's no substitute to bringing it home and playing through your own rig. I can NOT stress enough how great these were. I just used a basic rig of VFE Standout > KSR Ares > Genz Benz Gflex2 212. I A/B'd against a Regius 7 with Impulses, a Regius 6 with Juggs, a JP7 with Illuminators, and a Schecter with EMG. This hands down had the most clarity with complex chords. Leads sang with neck pickup and had a nice bite with the treble pickup. Rhythms had that amazing crystal clarity and midhump with the treble pickup, and a nice thump with the neck pickup. Tapping sequences, long legato runs, dissonance... all sounded great.

2. The guitar itself looks fantastic and I'm debating giving it a good setup, or just waiting until I get the replacement in for a real full NGD. The hardware is all top notch, fretwork is great, and the QC looks fine other than the obvious wear and tear. MIK LTD is really top notch these days. I have a MIK Schecter Loomis from the first year run, and maybe I just got a great one, but I will put it up against any guitar. I have several PRS PS and other high end guitars, and I've always said the Schecter MIK holds its own. I'd say this LTD is better overall than my Kiesel SCB7 and Washburn 7, and it sounds FAR better than my JP7. I'd have no problem putting it in the rack with my two Regii and feeling comfortable it is every bit as good.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    M3CHK1LLA and Jacksonluvr636 like this.
  10. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

In my rig, the Fluences fucking rock. I have a Modern set in my V and it's amazing. Voice 1 is an EMG 81 perfected. A slightly more dynamic sound, and the high end of the pickup is opened up. To me, the EMG 81 feels like someone turned the presence control all the way down... The Modern fixes that. And the 2nd voicing is interesting. It has a LOT of low end and a scooped sound, but still remains clear with all the low end it pumps out. Not my IDEAL voicing, but it still has it's place.

USMarine75 likes this.
  11. maggotspawn

maggotspawn SS.org Regular

DigiTech FreqOut and a TC Electronic Crescendo are next up to be acquired.

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  12. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

I used to have a BDDI years ago but sold it to fund a guitar rig. Since then I've more or less 'upgraded' to a VT Bass DI but either way, you can't go wrong with any of Tech 21's bass pedals or amps. Personally, I'd loooove to try out one of the new dUG heads but there's no way in hell I'll ever see one around these parts.

That aside, I did manage to pick up a Boss GT-1 that was on sale as a sort of 'advance Christmas present' from my wife. Running that little thing into the GSP1101 sounds pretty badass I must say.

13. Jacksonluvr636

Jacksonluvr636 SS.org Regular

That is awesome man. Well besides the scratches lol.

I have been really curious about that Standout. I am kicking myself for not getting one on the Black Friday deal, Huge discount but with Christmas coming and all of that I just decided not to do it.

I have an empress paraeq but something tells me the standout would suit me better.

Anyway congrats on the guitar and dang...I have not ever heard a single bad thing about the Fishm(e)n. I am definitely getting a set for this LTD but still debating on which set.

14. stevexc

stevexc Laura Like Butter

I used to have the BD Deluxe, it was a fantastic pedal - I just never needed it as I wasn't in a band at the time and wound up selling it.

Picked up the BDDI on Saturday and worked it into my pedalboard - very satisfied :D

[​IMG]

M3CHK1LLA and Spinedriver like this.
  15. Gravy Train

Gravy Train Night Fiddler

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  16. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

How do you like the After Shock pedal ? Lately, I've tried running my Bogner Ecstacy Red pedal into the VT Bass & Zoom B3 and it's pretty damn impressive.

17. Jake

Jake GAS Master

Going to put together an Explorer in 2018.

It's black so maybe I'll go this route?
    [​IMG]

M3CHK1LLA likes this.
  18. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

[​IMG]
    after playing an eII horizon at guitar center I want this, even though it's boring old black

feraledge and JD27 like this.
  19. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Should be here in time for Christmas :banana:

://www.instagram.com/p/BcTMosuHHNf/

I don't know how I feel about my choice of two tone pickups but that's an easy fix. So pumped for this.

20. technomancer

technomancer Gearus Pimptasticus Super Moderator

Holy crap that's yours? Awesome :yesway: