What Is Your Biggest Guitarist Habit Pet Peeve?

Discussion in 'Music Theory, Lessons & Techniques' started by LolWotGuitar, Sep 23, 2011.

1. 7stringDemon

7stringDemon SS.org Regular

Let's see. . . .

People that don't show up to the first two practices even though they said they would. I don't care if you're Vai, I hate you.

The term "And then we go into a breakdown!". NO WE FUCKING DON'T!!!!

When they say that it doesn't matter if they're out of tune.

When I'm trying to think of a good addition to the song, STOP FUCKING PLAYING!

When I'm showing someone how to play the song, STOP FUCKING PLAYING!

When I'm writing the music down, STOP FUCKING PLAYING!

Breakdowns.

"Can I borrow your guitar?" - No. But you can go home :yesway:.

When people edit every riff I write. I'm not an ego-maniac. Feel free to change a few things. But not everything!

Breakdowns.

The term "Not brutal enough!!!". Ever heard of melody, jackass?

Getting off task at practice.

"Hey dude, I didn't learn the part" - Come back when you do!

When they ask if you have any money for food. EVERY FUCKING TIME!

When they say that you should jam, then call you weird for asking to jam.

When you come to a full rehearsal with your 15 watt Line 6.

Breakdowns.

2. renzoip

renzoip I Am the Table

It annoys me when I have to look at someone's nasty feet ruining an otherwise cool guitar picture. Take a step back, then take the shot

3. sytraxiplague

sytraxiplague SS.org Regular

This. I think my prime example of the OPPOSITE of this is Robert Fripp. Honest guy, super open to genre, practices constantly, knows when to shut up (especially this.) One of my faves!

4. FrancescoFiligoi

FrancescoFiligoi Count Blastula

This is not entirely guitarist related, but is more of a "guy in a band" situation.

If you're using personal problems/family/girlfriend/study/work/dog/cat as an excuse to not put 100% of your effort in a serious band, don't do it and don't lie to yourself first. People have priorities, just be sure about yours instead of wasting people's time.

5. Gabe_LTD

Gabe_LTD I

I feel As though The only time its necessary To take a picture of your nasty infected feet right next to your sexy new guitar.
    IS WHen your friends with a foot doctor, because then you can show him your sexy new guitar and your terrible foot infection all in one Picture ! :lol:

6. MrPepperoniNipples

MrPepperoniNipples SS.org Regular

Guitarists who think they're music theory masters because they've just learned their modes

I can't possibly be the only person that's come across this

EDIT: also, strictly metal guitarists who say their primary influence is the blues

7. C2Aye

C2Aye has the groove.

How my pinky is a million miles away from the fretboard at all times, stops by for a quick visit when I use it and then pisses off again :squint:

8. Gabe_LTD

Gabe_LTD I

Cough cough* thrash metal Guitarists Cough cough*

im not saying I have anything Against thrash, I actually like a lot of thrash.
    It's just That I've had a lot personal Experiences with thrash metal musicians. ( or retro thrash )
    that are stuck in 1987 complaining about modern bands not being innovative.
    but at the same time are Re-hashing Metallica inspired riffs with blues solos.
    Im not saying there is anything wrong with that, but come on stop trying to sound like a Metallica wannabes.
    instead try to make thrash interesting and exploring new boundaries with influences That aren't common in thrash.
    Example: Thrash metal heavily inspired by funk, hip hop beats, prog rock and black metal ...now that will be cool take on thrash.!
    but rather thrash musicians From my personal Experiences are like " new music sucks, the only realy genres are thrash metal, old school death metal, 80's metal, classic rock and blues!!! everything is else is lame1"

and im not trying to say thrash is a bad genre ( I love thrash), or that all thrash musicians are like this.
    just the ones Ive had experiences with.