What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. LeviathanKiller

LeviathanKiller Knee-shooting Archer

So update on my Dying Light playthrough:
    I leveled all of the main skill trees and bought/scavenged some really high damage weapons before doing the final fight against Rais. What a letdown. You don't even fight him with anything you've scavenged or anything. It's timed button presses. Super disappointed. I couldn't even watch what was basically an interactive cutscene because the button pop-ups are lower on the screen so you can't look at Rais as he's speaking. That was a really dumb design decision imo. I'll play the DLC later at some point but I'm kinda pissed right now.

2. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Sounds kind of like Resident Evil 7!

LeviathanKiller likes this.
  3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

So I started enough of playthrough 3 of Nier:Automata to see the opening credits and, uhh, boy did that escated quickly.

Bloody_Inferno likes this.
  4. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Hey, I just finished brolita's playthrough of Nier Far Wherever You Are as well. :lol: Obviously a lot faster the second time around.

Hello, the rest of the game.

5. Ralyks

Seriously, I'm maybe a half hour in and this game just took the leftest of turns.

6. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

Hollow knight is a damn good game. didn't realize I was getting myself into into basically a 2d souls game . its challenging in spots

7. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

Currently I am trying to save mankind against the alien overlords... On XCOM2.

8. Ralyks

So I just finished the first part of play-through C of Nier:Automata and
    they just up and fucking kill 2B? The character basically all the promotion and cosplay and everything is centered around? What is this, Metal Gear Solid 2 with the bait-and-switch of protagonists? Also, the last bit you play as 2B was a pain in the ass.
    But otherwise, I'm looking forward to this play-through.

9. wankerness

The first time I got to the section you refer to, I immediately got blasted off the edge off the cliff into that canyon by an enemy and had to spend ten minutes trying in vain to pathetically climb out again while waiting for the death timer to run out :p

10. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

^ That part was easily the hardest part of the game for me. Everything else was a walk in the park. Granted I'm not playing on Hard mode as my time is limited and I want to smash through this quickly. That said, Endings C and D crossed off the list...

11. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

Castlevania for Spooktober. Maybe I'll actually beat it for once.

12. Ralyks

THIS. GODDAMN THAT SECTION.

Also, am I wrong in that there's a difficulty spike, or am I an idiot for entering playthrough 3 at level 39? I'll admit I didn't exactly do a ton of side quests....

So I have a discount coupon for Gamestop expiring this weekend, and I'd like to use it and trade some stuff in too. I was trying to choose between God of War, Spider-Man, and Dragon Quest XI. Pretty much everyone so far is saying God of War.

13. wankerness

Play through 3 is harder, that first section with the zillion androids is a big spike. It gets easier from there. It is definitely worth being a bit underlevelled at the last bosses, or it just goes by way too quick.

I’m in Japan and have discovered that the insane amount of juice machines in Yakuza 6/Kiwami 2 was NOT a balancing mechanism for the buffs. If anything, there aren’t enough! I love it. There are like three a block. I’m going to Don Quixote in Shinjuku tonight, I think. Can’t wait!

Ralyks and Albake21 like this.
  14. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I recently grabbed a copy of Kirby's Adventure. Instant memories from when one of my elementary school classes had this game as a reward for people who finished their work with time to spare. And it still holds up if you're a fan of Kirby -> I think this was the first entry to have all the classic elements, copying powers, etc. All of the fun. No regrets.

ALSO I got a stupidly good deal out of nowhere:
    I put up a used ad to try to get rid of an old car radio that doesn't fit my current car. I listed no price, just make an offer, I mostly just want to get rid of it. After a bunch of back and forth about the price, I suggest if he doesn't want to pay much then maybe a trade for some small token item - maybe he has some old video games lying around? What does he offer? Tysons Punch Out. Fk yeah, I'll trade that for a radio I was about to take $10 for.

Albake21 and BlackMastodon like this.
  15. Ralyks

Wait, an actual MIKE TYSONS Punch-Out, or the Mr. Dream version?

16. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

It's definitely the one with Tyson on it.

17. wankerness

[​IMG] Once again, truth is stranger than Yakuza. The checkout aisle had a bunch of bins with candy, cheap headphones, etc...and a big wooden penis. It also sells basically everything and is socrammed full of stuff it’s impossible to get around when it’s full of people (which it still was at midnight on a Thursday). And, they play that goddam jingle all the time. I think this about covers it for my Yakuza checklist IRL. What a great/terrible place. I got some wasabi and sweet potato kit kats.

Ralyks and Mathemagician like this.
  18. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I am SO excited for the Yakuza game that’s with PSN+ next month. I’ve always wanted to try out the series.

19. wankerness

Persona 5 stuff is EVERYWHERE here. This display of little egg characters amused me.
    [​IMG]
    I liked this Kleenex dispenser Kirby tree thing that looked like it was puking
    [​IMG]
    I liked this grungy life size solid snake, in a grungy retro games shop’s grungy retro arcade floor.
    [​IMG]
    Only in Japan would there be a spotlight section of a normal record store on Nier soundtracks. Some orchestral recordings of both soundtracks just came out. I got them and can’t listen to them cause CD. I did not opt for the art book version cause I had to carry whatever I bought for miles.
    [​IMG]
    And finally, ARGHHHHH. The fact it was often the cheapest of the ps4 games just made things more frustrating. After spending several days here, though, I’m realizing there’s no way in hell I’d get anything out of the game without subtitles!
    [​IMG]
    I bet all these image links are broken! This site and imgur need to get along, cause photobucket’s share links all give 404s. Hence the super-low resolution.

Ralyks likes this.
  20. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

So I've been playing Dark Souls II, temporarily stuck on Fume Knight, (I platinum'd Demon's and DS1) and, especially after also concurrently beating Uncharted 4, then deciding I should get all the single-player trophies for Last of Us Remastered, can't decide if I think SoulsBourne are the greatest games ever or I hate them.

Mathemagician likes this.