What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

Forgot to mention that I finished Super Mario Odyssey a couple of weeks ago. It lived up to every bit of the hype surrounding it!

Mathemagician and StevenC like this.
  2. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

still just poking aorund in Zelda .Still have the last battle ready to go but am enjoying just kicking around the country side looking for stuff. once you get used to recognizing Korok seeds it gets really addictive looking for them ."that rock over there alone must be one "

The map is really fun to just explore for some reason .usually in open world games i am the fast travel king

I know once I finish the story I will lose interest so just gonna keep cruising until I'm ready

Alberto7 likes this.
  3. CrazyDean

CrazyDean SS.org Regular

Bought a Wii U off Craigslist for $125 with Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World, and Smash U. I have no more interested in playing Smash and Splatoon doesn't interest me. 3D world is ok, but I'd rather play Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 or Odyssey. 3D World feels a bit tedious.

4. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

So after years and years of stops and starts.... I think Skyrim is finally clicking with me. Finally got past that daunting “THERES TOO MUCH SHIT TO DO!!!” Feeling and finally just enjoying it.

Also, still Monster Hunter: World. It’s filling that multiplayer void Destiny 2 left me all too soon nicely.

5. blacai

blacai SS.org Regular

Civilization VI - Rise and Fall. The new expansion seems really nice.

6. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

Picked up my 2DS for the first time in almost a year and remembered I had Pokemon Yellow installed on it. :fever:

7. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Just finished it yesterday too! All I want to do is go back and get more moons though, so not done with this game yet. I have enough to go to the Dark Side of the moon but not the Darker side yet. And I agree, the game was fantastic.

Alberto7 likes this.
  8. Alberto7

Alberto7 ΩGJ :3

After the latest episode of Dragon Ball Super, I finally caved last night and bought Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for the Switch. I sense a dip in productivity coming very soon.

Yeah, after I finished the story I really slowed down. Another reason I slowed down is because I can't sit down to play that game for a half hour, or even 1 hour. I have to play for like 4 hours at a time :lol: there's so much to do and everything is so far lol. I finished Ballad of the Champions and thought it was a fantastic DLC pack. The added back stories were cool, and the new challenges were fantastic. The Master Cycle Zero is hilariously tacky and not as great as I was expecting, but still fun!

See, I did not even know there was a DarkER side of the moon! Yet another reason to keep playing it haha. I'm only at around 300 power moons.

9. Carrion Rocket

Carrion Rocket Registered Lurker

Picked up the PS4 version of Stick of Truth. I'm on Day 2 right now which is when I felt the game to really tedious last playthrough, and it still is. Granted I atleast know what to and where to go now, but it's never a good thing for a game to get in the way of your enjoyment of it.

10. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Yup, 500 moons to get to darker side. I'm trying to finish off these Broodals on Dark side currently. PITA

11. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

The Evil Within 2

12. CrazyDean

CrazyDean SS.org Regular

I only played through it once, but I got enjoyment out of how it was written more than the gameplay itself. The dialog is great, and so are all the weapon names. It's a good spoof on the tradition RPG which typically tries too hard to be over-the-top epic.

The game wouldn't have been enjoyable at all just the way it stands. You have to be a fan of the show.

13. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

Playing Monster Hunter World. This game is massive and in depth.

Ralyks likes this.
  14. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Started Elder Scrolls Online, Tamriel last night on a buddy’s rec. Pretty decent, looks really good, enjoyable combat etc. Don’t know that I’ll stick with it forever but it should work for a couple months or so. It’s a nice break from PubG.

15. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Daaaaaamn ESO is just a giant nerd fest; haven’t played anything like this for a loooooong time. Having a blast.

16. Ralyks

Decided to get Star Ocean: The Last Hope PS4 remaster and 2064: Read Only Memories. The first one seems like a good Futuristic Anime style game I've been looking for, and 2064 seems very Snatcher-like with a pretty legit voice cast.

Also downloaded the Persona DLC pack for Persona 5. NG+ play through is imminent.

17. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Try not to go completely insane when you meet me mmkay?

[​IMG]

Sincerely, little girl.

In all seriousness, despite Lymle, I thought the Last Hope was a fine serviceable JRPG. No idea why I ended up abandoning the game mid way, but I really should revisit it, now all I'm currently playing are games I've already completed.

Speaking of which, I'm up to the third palace in Persona 5's NG+ and I'm only realizing now that playing this together with Yakuza 5 got weird on me. Specifically the mini games becoming a little similar, like the batting range. Hell, even the Rocinante store drew the two together. :lol:

Ralyks likes this.
  18. Ralyks

Last Hope kinda feels like what I was hoping for with Xenosaga, if that makes sense. For some reason I’ve been thinking about Xenosaga a lot...

Persona 5 may take over Final Fantasy VII as my new yearly/bi-year playthrough. I love that game more than words can describe. Also, trying to figure out Jaldabaoth on guitar. One of the most epic boss fight music pieces EVER.

19. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Not sure if you're familiar with the Star Ocean series, but starting with The Last Hope works well as it's the prequel to the entire series. A lot of die hard fans may complain about everything after The Second Story, but they're still worth playing for all JRPG enthusiasts. I heard the newest one Integrity and Faithless was rather cactus, which is a shame.

As for Xenosaga, aside from the music (which I adore, the OST to Ep1 is my favorite album of all time :lol:), I'm not a fan no matter how hard I tried (I did finish 1 but didn't get far on 2 nor 3). It was the first JRPG I played when there's too many cut scenes and not enough actual gameplay made me break.

You declared this twice in this thread. And I don't blame you. :lol: It's rare for me these days to replay any game after completion let along a JRPG, but Persona 5 changed that. And the OST is tied with Nier Automata as my favorite albums of last year. Hell, they're permanent rotation in my car, and I'm constantly learning parts of the Persona music too.

I do plan on replaying Final Fantasy VI after finishing off Mana though.

Ralyks likes this.
  20. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

finally decided to finish zelda after about 100 hours .

was pretty easy boss battles in the end .my ending was pretty lame but I only did 2 or 3 of the memory things.In a while will go back and get them all and re do it to see

Played some more celeste . god damn , that shit is fucked at times