What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Injustice 2 on Steam. Been a minute since I just played a 2D fighter. Good times.

2. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

Finally picked up a Switch today, along with Breath of the Wild. I found a Shopper's Drug Mart that had them in stock and, using pretty much all my points with that store, basically got the whole kit and caboodle for half price.

BlackMastodon likes this.
  3. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

I hated Breath of the Wild when I first started playing it because I didn’t know how to get out of the starting area(I think I skipped the cutscene that shows you to go to the roof of the temple, not really a spoiler it happens so early in the game). But now I think it might be one of the best games I’ve ever played! The first hour doesn’t do it justice. Just for keks, I decided to go fight Ganon with my shit gear. I actually managed to get wind Ganon down to half health charge swinging the double axe.

I love games that give you the option to do things like that. Like you know you shouldn’t be in this place yet, but you have the option. Dark Souls has that too.

I’ve also been playing Blazing Star, a 90’s Neo Geo shoot em’ up on the Switch eshop. Probably gonna get one of their fightan games too, maybe Garou Mark of the Wolves. Now we just need a Capcom vs SNK rerelease on there and I’ll be happy.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  4. auntyethel

auntyethel Skommeling

Garou is so underrated as a Neo Geo fighter. I assume the Switch is emulating it? Is the emulation quality good?

5. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I hear so many good things about the Switch - it's super tempting to go out and get one. Hard to justify spending more money on more games though. :lol:

6. ZombieLloyd

ZombieLloyd Not one 7 string

The Switch is great (sorry) there are so many good games to choose from that if you're on a budget, it's hard to decide what to play first. I just bought Kingdoms: New Lands recently and I've been loving that on the Switch, such a good fit for it.

TedEH likes this.
  7. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

Blazing Star runs really well. It comes with all releases of the game(I always pick Japanese arcade mode), and there’s video options to make it fit 16:9 screens and some decent scanline filters. I think you can remap controls too.

My Switch was definitely an impulse purchase. I got called in to work on a 3 day weekend, so I felt like I needed to treat myself that night or something lol.

It’s a comfy system though. You just throw in the card and start playing. I was playing the tablet on its kickstand on my balcony the other night. It’s good at not getting between you and the games.

auntyethel likes this.
  8. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Yup, it’s worth it. You’ll get tons of time out of just Zelda and Mario alone, and considering the system hasn’t even been out a year, it’s probably the strongest game line up Nintendo has had in a very long time. And it really is neat going from TV to portable seamlessly. If I didn’t prefer to buy multi platform games/didn’t already own them on PS4, I’d probably amass a much larger library for my Switch by this point.

HeavyMetal4Ever and TedEH like this.
  9. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

As mentioned in the Persona 5 thread, finally beat that game, mentioned how much I loved it, and started a NG+ to go for the Platinum.

Aside from that, ReCore. This is actually a pretty fun game. I’m still early on so I guess I haven’t gotten to the point where everyone gives it flack? Also I hear it’s improved when the Divinite Edition patch came out?

Oh, and Cuphead. Such a delightful (and yes, brutal) game.

10. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

been playing some superhot and Wolfenstein: New Order

11. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep SS.org Regular

Divinity: Original Sin 2. After the first 10 hours I forgot all other games. It's just ridiculous how good this is, and it keeps growing as you progress. It's like Withcer 3 meets XCOM + some classic RPG stuff. 10/10. Not just the game of the year for me, but the best game in a loooong time.

12. wankerness

wankerness SS.org Regular

Played through the DLC on Horizon Zero Dawn, and it's awesome and way more difficult than the regular game. Also started New Game + on it, we'll see how that goes.