What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Nyx Erebos

Nyx Erebos SS.org Regular

I actually enjoyed the world of sunshine a lot more than the one of odyssey. I've only played ~3h of odyssey right now and I must say that I'm quite disappointed considering the hype around the game. And fuk mandatory motion controls.

2. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

3 hours doesn't even get you to the best Kingdoms.

3. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Finished the story. This is the best Mario game.

4. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

I've been really enjoying Assassins Creed Origins. It's like a mash up of classic Assassins Creed with The Witcher 3.

5. MFB

MFB ExBendable

Holy shit, really?

Any big patches or game glitches that have come up with it? I know Syndicate and Unity got hit pretty hard, and most Ubi titles get rushed unfortunately, so I've looked at it hesitantly but I'd like to see a good AC game again since I haven't given a crap since Ezio disappeared

6. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I rented AC Origins. No real bugs or anything yet, maybe occasional slowdown here or there. The beginning is slow but I’ve heard it really picks up after an hour or two.

7. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

maybe i'm weird but I'm kind of hyped on getting worms with ps+ this month

had so many great hours playing it back on the ps1

8. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

There was a day 1 patch, around 1.4GB, nothing more since release. It's been pretty bug free for me so far, but a friend has had a few hard crashes. This is on xbox one.

This is made by the team behind what I though was the previous best Assassins Creed game, Black Flag, and it really does feel like they've had time to polish this one compared to previous releases. The world is huge and full of locations to explore, the quests are varied and interesting, the movement mechanics are great and the combat is pretty good too.

I'm really enjoying Origins. So far it's a 9/10 from me.

9. Ralyks

So Destiny 2, I’m light level 258. I’m in a clan, but if anyone wants to do a Nightfall, let me know. Also I want to hit the raid as soon as I hit 280 (which I may try to accomplish tonight)

Now, Persona 5...

Hit 103 hours and finished Shidos palace. And the shits hitting the fan with the story. Right now in the depths of Momentos. It feels like this is approaching end game, but I’m at the end of December. Doesn’t this game run a full year? Also, I feel like at this rate with the Compendium and Social Links, a New Game+ is inevitable if I truly want to go for the Platinum trophy

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  10. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I don't think my PC can handle the newest Wolfenstein game, so I fired up The New Order instead and have been playing through that one again - last time I used a controller, but this time I'm going mouse and keyboard, and it's giving me some Half-Life 2 vibes. It's maybe a weird comparison to make, but I find the two games have a fair bit in common.

11. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

The game is quite the time consuming completionist nightmare isn't it? :lol:

Without completely wishing to spoil, yes it does go for a full year, but not as draggy what you'd expect. December 24 marks the point of no return for the life sim aspect, so any confidant social links you haven't maxed, books read, games played, dvds rented, stats maxed, will all have to wait for NG+. I ended up jettisoning some of the books and games and such as I was so obsessive in getting the confidants maxed out. I was extremely lucky getting Haru up to speed right on those last December dates. You do however get to grind indefinitely from this point on, especially if you want all the powerful upper tier Personas.

Yeah, the NG+ is certainly mandatory for the Platinum trophy.

I'm planning to start NG+ soon myself, and not just because I want to play with the original Japanese audio, nor try to get all Personas (I did a fair bit and still only got 60% or so of the compendium), but also all the other sub options it offers. I hear that sleeping early gets some hilarious dreams. And I wanna go for that "romance all women" path too... :lol:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  12. rifftrauma

rifftrauma Trapped in time...

Factorio... Or I have dubbed it, Cracktorio. Worth a look, check out the demo on Steam.

13. Ralyks

Honestly, I love the game enough (likely my game of 2017) that NG+ is worth it. I definitely didn’t max all of the social links or max stats or games played or, I guess all of those. And I’m attempting to learn Japanese so I will likely do NG+ with the Japanese audio as well. What carries over into NG+ anyway?

14. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

I'm sure everything gets carried over on NG+, ie: character and social link levels, compendium, items and cash etc. With all the of the things to do during the life sim sections, it makes sense.

15. Ralyks

Update on Assassins Creed Origins after putting a little more time in: one, definitely picks up after the first hour and a half and two, looks like the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X patches came out a few days after the game release. Playing on a PS4 Pro and after the patch install, I definitely notice a graphical and slight performance increase.

Destiny 2, I tried the Trials of the Nine with some guys I’m in a clan with, and, well, got wrecked every time. Probably didn’t help that everyone we went against was at least light level 300, and I’m still 268...

16. Pav

Pav ???

If you play on PC, you're more than welcome to join me and my clan for all the endgame activities. We're raiding for the first time tomorrow morning.

17. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Super Mario Odyssey, loving it so far!

StevenC likes this.
  18. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

A weird thought -> I generally don't enjoy boss fights in a lot of games. In particular, I got to the end of Wolf The New Order yesterday and the end boss is so unpleasant to play that I'm debating not bothering. BUT - I really like Shadow of the Colossus, which is 99% boss fights.

I guess it's a matter of good vs bad boss battle design vs. just whether or not there are bosses at all.

Anyway.

Just thinking out loud.

19. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

Yeah there's a lot of games that do boss fights poorly *cough* Deus Ex Human Revolution *cough*
    One of my favorite boss fights of all time is fighting The End in MGS3. Actually all of the boss fights in MGS3 other than the fury are really fun. Oh also fighting sif in Dark souls. watching him limp around damn near made me cry the first time I played. The boss fights in the kingdom hearts series are pretty legit too (still can't fucking beat sephiroth in the first game ffs).

20. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

I think it's something to do with the idea of having the bosses be such a departure from the rest of the game. Bosses in Deux Ex I think just don't work because they break from the immersive-sim/"play the way you want" thing and force you to deal with the boss in a particular way. The Wolf boss isn't quite as much of a departure from normal play, but is just frustratingly overpowered. I know I beat it once, but it basically just forces you to play cheaply until it dies.