What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Yeah, I would like to Platinum this game too (second favorite FF behind VII, definitely high up on the list of all time favorites), but getting Excalibur II, let alone the jump roping? Even with all of the cheats turn on, I feel like getting to the end of the game within 12 hours is pretty damn hard. Plus I would probably commit a separate play through to that, right now I'm enjoying a HD trip through memory lane.

So other than that and Persona 5 (and yeah, 4 Golden...), I did download Fortnite Battle Royal, but haven't tried it yet. I have played, however, The Fractured But Whole and Destiny 2. South Park is great, the humor is on par with The Stick of Truth so far (which is still really funny) but the gameplay and mechanics are light years ahead of Stick of Truth. Destiny 2... Well, they managed to get the foul taste of Vanilla Destiny out of my mouth. Really enjoying it so far... That said, is the raid really sometime I should basically set a whole (really, really, really late) night for? Not that I'm opposed to it, but that's definitely something I need to set time aside for.

2. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

If destiny’s raiding is anything like other MMO raiding my opinion is this:

Doing that shit and spending hours to get gear that will be replaced with the next patch is a waste of time UNLESS you’re doing it with friends and shooting the shit the whole time. Doing it alone is a waste IMO - YMMV.

Yeah Excalibur 2 is definitely a second playthrough. And jumping rope will involve me downloading even better “hacks” or something. Because I am NOT doing that one legit, lol.

3. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth SIGN YO REP

With Shadow of War being a big deal right now I picked up Shadow of Mordor as I never got round to playing it and I (correctly) figured it'd be cheap.

A planned trip to Amsterdam has fallen through so I have less time pressure for uni work and I've been blasting through it; holy balls this game is fun. Like, 22 hours playtime in 3 days fun. Love it

KnightBrolaire likes this.
  4. Ralyks

I'm pretty sure I got Mordor GOTY edition on PS4 for $15 brand new like, at least a year and a half ago :lol: I did not get far, but I too have picked it back up recently in anticipation of Shadow of War. Definitely fun and great use of the Arkham gameplay, and I'm really surprised other games didn't pick up on the Nemesis system. I'd be willing to call the system 'ground breaking'.

5. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

MGS:TPP

I’m not a stealth guy. I play COD and I’m a run and gun guy. I don’t know if I’m going to be able to play this. Grabbed it because free on PS+, but I’ve already skipped most of the cut scenes and died in the first hallway about 8 times...

6. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

I dunno if it's about stealth-vs-not, so much as it is about compelling-vs-not. I mean, I love Splinter Cell, but I can't stand MGS or Tenchu.

7. steinmetzify

Yeah I've put a couple hours in...got the day off so figured why not. It's gotten better now that ALL THE HOURS OF CUTSCENES are over, and I'm kind of enjoying sneaking around. I don't really see much of playing this after today tho...

8. Captain Shoggoth

Captain Shoggoth SIGN YO REP

Yeah, I got the GOTY for £16 on xbox. Yeah, exactly! What a wonderful mechanic, and the fact it's not been pilfered by other devs makes it stand out all the more

9. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I have not played the game but from what I've read in the official strategy guide book and what I've read/heard from the developers, you should have the full option to run-and-gun and/or stealth/ghost missions. Although, run-and-gun style counts negative towards your stealth score at the end, you can still finish missons. I also heard that the developers didn't want to release a game that only appeases hard core stealth players because they know that not every gamer has high stealth skills.

10. steinmetzify

Yeah I’ve played it for a few hours since that post; you CAN run and gun if you want to and it’s actually pretty easy to do early in the game.

I myself have almost zero choice because no matter how careful I am I seem to always miss at least one guy when I’m doing recon/marking targets, so I’ll be watching everyone, sneaking like crazy and the one guy I didn’t see always spots me and hits the alarm.

After that, everyone gets murdered because fuck em. :lol:

11. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

I got MGSV free on PS Plus too, i've been really enjoying it. Been wanting a new game for forever but didn't wanna spend money on something i'd get tired of in 2 days, killed 2 birds with one stone with this being free and holding my attention.

steinmetzify likes this.
  12. Anquished

Anquished hhnice!

One of my friends came round my house whilst I was playing it and I gave him the controller for the next mission. He played the entire mission in a tank. You can do basically whatever you want unless the mission states not too, although those missions are quite late in the game.

steinmetzify likes this.
  13. PunkBillCarson

PunkBillCarson SS.org Regular

I've been sucked back into Dark Souls III once again. Think that this, Final Fantasy 9, and Breath of Fire III will be in rotation.

14. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

South Park TFBW has been refreshingly good. So far I've had at least three boss fights that I thought might have been the end of the game*, only to be proven wrong; that the game still has more story to tell. Way deeper than I was anticipating.

Shub Niggurath, Mutated Kyle 2, and saving parents from Mitch Conner.

15. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Finished up Mario + Rabbids. Fantastic game that feels so close to actually being a Nintendo game, so major props to Ubisoft Milan. This has been one of my most enjoyable years for video games, and it's all been on the Switch more or less.

16. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Got a quick few hours of Mario Odyssey this morning. I'm definitely putting this above Galaxy so far and having some of the most fun ever in a platformer.

17. steinmetzify

Pubg with a PS4 controller. Console master race!

bpprox22 likes this.
  18. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Grabbed Thumper as part of the Halloween Steam sale. Probably my favorite rhythm game now.

19. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire 8 string hoarder

Hellblade is excellent. Pretty short (I think I beat it in under 7 hours) but the fighting is good and the story is excellent, plus I'm a sucker for anything with Norse/Celtic mythology in it.

20. Ralyks

Super Mario Odyssey is everything I could have wanted in a new Mario game. And its also a GREAT example of fan service without overindulging in it. If there's one thing Nintendo can not screw up, its a main line Mario title. Even their weak ones are still really good by normal game standards (looking at you, Super Mario Sunshine). If there's a reason to get a Switch (y'know, other than Zelda and the fact this is Nintendos strongest console in forever), Odyssey is a strong case to be the reason why.

Also, still working on finishing up Persona 5, getting deep into South Park, The Fractured But Whole, and LOTS of Destiny 2.