What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

I’m noticing the lag a lot after battles and loading between screens. It’s weird, especially considering how smooth the FFVII port was.

But hey, the HD facelift was well done. The game looks gorgeous, and it was a fine looking game for its time as it was.

2. Ralyks

I’m noticing the lag a lot after battles and loading between screens. It’s weird, especially considering how smooth the FFVII port was.

But hey, the HD facelift was well done. The game looks gorgeous, and it was a fine looking game for its time as it was.

3. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

Been hooked on Uncharted survival mode for the last couple weeks, but picked up Cuphead today. Reminds me of Contra, Rush N Attack, Super Mario Bros and other classics. Plus the art style and music are on point and it's pretty challenging. I'm gonna have to practice these levels and bosses for a bit

4. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep SS.org Regular

Endless Space 2, Destiny 2, RS: Siege

Also Divinity Original Sin, trying to finish the story before buying the 2nd one. Great game.

...And let's not forget GT Sport coming out very soon, im gonna be all over that. Damn... too many games :lol:

5. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

WWE2K18 (Almost instantly regretted, but c'est la vie.. Hopefully it'll get some updates and be a little less wonky.. The controls are just baffling: One on one match; looking right at the opponent; hit 'strike' button, my character turns around and strikes at the invisible person he apparently saw behind him..)

Pre-ordered South Park. So excited.

6. Ralyks

Got back on the grind for Persona 5 (on 12/3, to give you an idea of where I am story-wise. 93 hours in, haven't put that much time into a game in a looooong time), while also playing Persona 4 Golden before bed/whenever its convenient to use a PS Vita.

Have South Park preordered, hoping GameStop is doing an evening release tonight so I can play after my son goes to bed (and conveniently, I'm off from work tomorrow. Huzzah!) Also, I found out I apparently have enough BestBuy coupons to get a new game for pretty damn cheap. So yeah, before/after I grab South Park, I'm going to wander over to BestBuy and take the plunge on Destiny 2. Any PS4 players, my gamer tag is Ralyk03. Probably be playing tonight/tomorrow a whole bunch.

7. StevenC

StevenC SS.org Regular

Universal Paperclips took over my last two days. Mostly I'm just shaking with excitement for Mario in a week and a half.

8. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

I finally got around to playing Fortnite Battle Royale and I love it so far. There are small gripes but the game is free so I can't complain.

steinmetzify likes this.
  9. metalstrike

metalstrike Thrash!

Nier Automata having good fun and looking forward to Super Mario Odyssey later this month.

10. Handbanana

Handbanana SS.org Regular

That Fortnite tho!

11. Tech Wrath

Tech Wrath SS.org Regular

Oh Fortnite is free?! I heard about it but never bothered to see what's up with it. If it's free I might as well go try it out.

12. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

YES! The Battle Royale Mode is free for all platforms and is the PUBG style of gameplay. There is another game mode that isn't free but everyone (including myself) plays Battle Royale pretty much exclusively.

Here is a link for reference https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/fortnite-battle-royale-goes-free

13. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Right? Will hold me over until PUBG hits PS4. Haven’t won yet but I’ve consistently placed top 3.

14. bpprox22

bpprox22 String Breaker

I've never played PUBG but have watched many clips of it. I plan on trying it out when I finally get a decent GPU in my PC or when it comes to Xbox One. I can't get enough of Fortnite though! The guns need some fixing but everything else sits well with me.

I've won once in a squad game before but that's about it. Some very close 2nd and 3rd places too.

The only thing that aggravates the hell out of me is when I'm playing squads (filled) and one or two of the players don't realize they aren't playing solo and kill the whole team. It's happened 5 times so far where I'm coming to give a teammate a armor potion or weapon and they just blast me. So frustrating.

steinmetzify likes this.
  15. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Yeah I don’t play squads for that very reason lol.

It’s sort of cartoony compared to PUBG but still fun.

Cracks me up to hide in the one bush that gives you cover and watch somebody run right past me and I blast them. Kills me every time.

bpprox22 likes this.
  16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

probably going to pick up shadow of war tomorrow.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  17. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

I want to get all the trophies on FF9. So I absolutely intend on cheating the stupid jump rope. Gtfo 100 I could understand - even though I’d hate it. But 1000? Nah fam. Not even a little bit.

Otherwise it’s just as fun as I remember it. And I LOVE how the pre-rendered backgrounds all look like storybook pages.

18. cwhitey2

cwhitey2 BlackendCrust Metal™

I have been waiting for this for a while! I thought the previous game although good was a bit repetitive.

19. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

yeah the first game got pretty tedious at the end for me but I know I'm going to have a ton of fun with the new expanded nemesis system. That was my favorite part of the last game.

cwhitey2 likes this.
  20. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

Fractured But Whole!

I'm about 3 hours in. So far, it's mostly been an improvement over Stick of Truth, and I hadn't really expected that. Recommended for fans of the series. Ties into the previous game and current episodes, and has already highlighted the thing the show does better than anything else: Amplifying 'kids being kids'.

And :lol: @ the difficulty selection screen.. Damn..