What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

It's well done, but it's kind of depressing in itself. I don't know how far through the story I really am, but the viewpoint taken by the game is super pessimistic all of the time. Pretty much every subtle hint that something could go wrong... eventually goes wrong in a pretty predictably sad way.

2. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Its definitely a game that deals with issues like mental illness, depression, the struggles of going from teenage to adulthood, the struggles of living in a rust belt town. Yes, it does take a depressing tone (heck, I'm not ashamed to admit it nearly got me teary eyes at one or two scenes later on), but it is VERY well done. And there's definitely some good humor to break up the depressing tone. Try sticking with it, its well worth it.

3. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Even without playing the game. Having lived with someone with depression. That's sounds about right. That's what someone with depression has their brain show them - all the time, no matter what positive thing is going on around them.

4. StrmRidr

StrmRidr Hide your Jacksons

Randomly bought Doom when it was on sale on the PS Store the other week. One of the funnest games I played in a while. I'll be moving on to Everybody's Golf once I finish it.

TedEH likes this.
  5. Señor Voorhees

Señor Voorhees SS.org Regular

I've picked up metal gear solid 5 again. I also started playing quake champions which is pretty neat. Other than that its the same old overwatch.

6. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

I've been having a lot of fun with Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle on the Switch. It's a pretty good take on the turn based squad combat genre. So far, i'd give it 8/10.

7. Siggevaio

Siggevaio SS.org Regular

I've been playing Dark Souls 3 again for the last couple of weeks. I played it for the first time around release last year but sold it for some reason after I finished it. Got cravings for more though so I had to buy it again. :) Such a great game and I wish I played Demon Souls and Dark Souls when they first released on the PS3. Don't know if they still hold up today... Anyway, gotta get all the trophies in DS3 first. I'm on my NG+3 run and almost done.

takotakumi likes this.
  8. Triple-J

Triple-J the Experimetalist

the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
    Picked up Dead Island recently and it's been one of those "where have you been all my life" moments as it's such a good play and unlike a lot of sandbox games it doesn't feel like a chore plus it's nice to play a Zombie game that isn't Res Evil or a Res Evil knockoff I'm genuinely shocked that the devs haven't been handed the Walking Dead licence though cause this is pretty much everything I'd want in a TWD game.

9. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

Dark Souls absolutely holds up. Demon Souls less so imo. It's even more obtuse than DS at times.

10. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Grabbed AC Freedom Cry and Just Cause 3 cause they were free and I'm bored with Blops 3 tonight.

See what I dig.

11. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

So I finished Walking Dead: New Frontier (I love this series) this morning, then traded in that, Prey, Injustice 2, and inFamous: Second Son (and somehow got $100 bucks from GameStop in trade in value. That's unheard of, plus inFamous will be free on PS4 this week) and put the credit towards my Xbox One X preorder.

Then somehow on an impulse buy, got the collectors edition of No Mans Sky for 30 bucks. Haven't played it yet, but I heard it's actually good now.

12. steinmetzify

Just Cause 3 is a blast to play. I don't see much replay value but blowing up everything in sight is just fun.

13. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

Long weekend meant lots of time to play games- and remind myself that Doom is still awesome.

14. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

Made an impulse purchase and got a Switch system with Zelda. Also playing The Last of Us, Dragon Quest Builders, and Call of Duty 4.

15. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

Finished Hellblade over the weekend and now Uncharted - Lost Legacy. both I extremely enjoyed. Also spent a few days doing multiple playthroughs of Telltale Batman season 2 epi1 and a bunch of the Guardians of the Galaxy episodes taking various paths and grabbing screenshots of the Characters I worked on. Randomly I would throw in Killingfloor 2 or Ghost Recon Wildlands for some mindless shooting with sum beers. Now what do I want to get back to on my list next? hmmm

16. steinmetzify

Grabbed Infamous: 2nd Son cause it's free. Got the morning off, gonna give it a go.

Got quite bored with Just Cause 3 after a minute. Was much fun blowing everything up but it got repetitive, and the missions were pretty lame.

mikernaut likes this.
  17. mongey

mongey SS.org Regular

I'm with you there. I grabbed it and an hour in I was pretty over it

don't think I'll bother playing it again

mikernaut likes this.
  18. steinmetzify

Already deleted...started Infamous SS this morning...so far ok but I don't know how long I'll keep going with it. Still better than JC3 tho...

19. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire tinkerer/aspiring builder/8 string hoarder

finally starting the singleplayer of GTAV. I put it off for years but dammit this time I'm going to finish it. Prob going to play LA Noire after it, I love that game.

20. mikernaut

mikernaut pixel pusher

Yeah, its kinda weird cuz I tend to think of Just Cause and the Infamous games as kinda similar , but Infamous to me has more substance, may not be as huge but I want more story and character development over just blow sh!t up mentality. I never finished the core Infamous game but I did finish Infamous First Light and I enjoyed that much more then the main game and I think that was one game that kinda went under the radar, the female character "Fetch" was rather adorable IMO. :)