What game are you playing?

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by mark520, Jun 10, 2011.

1. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Finally got a Switch last week! So been playing Mario Kart 8 a ton with my daughter. So cool to be able to play this game anywhere on the Switch and with my kids! Trying to finish up Ryse Son of Rome and the DLC from Rise of the Tomb Raider before buying Breath of the Wild.

2. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Finally getting deeper in Breath on the Wild, and finally appreciating what a quality game it is. But I just got a new apartment (which I can't fully sleep in yet for reasons I can't get into to) but I'll be there tomorrow with Internet being installed. Off from work, my son will be in day care, and my PS4 and TV are already at the new place, so daddy's going to catch up on some PS4 time since I haven't been able to play in about 2 months (still have Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age wrapped in the plastic, and I'm dying to finally beat Persona 5).

3. NotDonVito

NotDonVito SS.org Regular

Digimon Story Cyberslueth

Really good stylish rpg with cyberpunk teenagers and persona-ish side stuff to do. Haven't gotten very, but now I want to check out the other Digimon games I've missed out on.

I really want the new Utaware games, but monies.

4. Cloudy

Cloudy Dunvegan Guitars Contributor

Ive been playing more Friday the 13th, the game is a buggy mess with a terrible team of developers behind it but I cant get enough of the asymmetrical horror gameplay.

5. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I had a very high interest in this game because I "thought" that if the player is highly skilled at being stealthy, the game would be easy. Being that Hitman and Splinter Cell are my 2 favorite games, I was planning on getting it. But then I heard things like, "Jason knows where you are at, at all times and he just needs time to get you" and "he can transport himself anywhere on the map" which I thought, kinda defeated the purpose of being stealthy, so. And plus, if the game is buggy, then I'm gonna lose interest in it even more.

6. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Finally got to play my PS4 some, and ended up downloading Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. Pretty cool so far. Wish I had some gaming headphones to get the full experience.

mikernaut likes this.
  7. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

^ Only just heard about that one, but definitely want to play it at some point.

Spent a good part of yesterday playing some super old nonsense- Jedi Knight II.

8. Jobam-Martins

Jobam-Martins Guitarrista

I'm currently playing Path of exile and Diablo 2 on PC.
    On consoles I'm thinking about playing again metal gear series, beginning from MGS1.

Rosal76 likes this.
  9. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Nice.

I'm still thinking about starting MGS5. Games been out since 2015, got the official strategy guide book, don't have any new games, I'm a huge fan of stealth games. Something about the game that's holding me back from playing it.

10. coreysMonster

coreysMonster So long, Germany!

I had to get my girlfriend a Switch because she kept wanting to play Splatoon 2 all day, which is absolutely unacceptable because I want to play Splatoon 2 all day.

Seriously though, it's amazing how much the Switch appeals to people who otherwise don't really play a lot of games. It's also funny how I am now disappointed in the PS4 that it doesn't have the option to just undock and be carried into the living room.

StevenC likes this.
  11. takotakumi

takotakumi SS.org Regular

I loved the game but there are *mild spoiler* a lot missions that feel repeated, and very few unique bosses compared to the masterpiece that was MGS4. It is still very fun as you get to customize a loooot of stuff like your own base, staff, wierd addons to weapons, YOUR OWN DOGGO <3, horse, etc.

I don't know if my play style changed or if I had to adapt to this new one, but I felt like stealth were almost mandatory in this game. On MGS4 I remember just going full rambo most of the game haha

12. HeavyMetal4Ever

HeavyMetal4Ever SS.org Regular

Been spending some time with Lego City Undercover on Switch. Probably the best Lego game I've played imho.

13. Jobam-Martins

Jobam-Martins Guitarrista

What I like most in the series is the message Kojima sent. The real way We need to play the games are by not killing but completing the missions by using the techniques such as CQC or not being seen by any enemy. He teaches us that even the enemy soldiers are being victims of a system that they can't control so You don't have the right to kill them(That's why some weapons are red,these ones kill people). Even the bosses have their second "life bar"(a resistance bar) so You can fight them without hurting them.You can listen to their history and see the victims they were(MGS1 You don't have these options but this is explained later on). The only game I remember seeing this kind of "immersion" was in Final fantasy tactics. We really saw the victims of wars in the same way We see in MGS series.

14. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

Haha, I'm with you! My kids had been playing saturday morning and they left it on my nightstand. I was heading to bed that night, saw it, and needless to say, spent an hour and a half playing mario kart instead of going to bed! Hahaha, love the portability of this thing.

coreysMonster likes this.
  15. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Just picked up a new 2ds and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. It's slow to pick up but I'm loving farming monsters to make new weapons/gear. I had 3 Ultimate on the WiiU and enjoyed it a lot as well online.

16. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

That's how I like to play. I'm what they call a "ghost player". Go into a mission and leave no trace behind. Exceptions would be individuals who have to be killed and/or if you have to destroy something. I do like the fact that the MGS games gives players the option to go stealthy and/or full run-and-gun. I normally don't like to run-and-gun in video games. That's fine if I'm playing Battlefield and/or Call of Duty, which I don't. My top 3 favorite games are Hitman, Sniper Elite, and Splinter Cell and it is very, very, rare for me to shoot a gun in Hitman and Splinter Cell. Concerning the MGS series, although I can appreciate what they're offering in the games, there's just something about them that I can't connect with.

I plan to purchase Hitman 2016 in the future and if there aren't any new stealth games that I like by the time I finish that game, I may think about getting MGS5. Good God I only had 2 years to think about getting it. o_O

17. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

I'm a big fan of the Splinter Cell series, and have also always played it going as much 'ghost' as possible. All knockouts, no detections; only killing when it's one of the mission requirements.

I wish they'd make one for this generation, already, or even bring the previous titles up into backwards-compatibility.

HeavyMetal4Ever likes this.
  18. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

I absolutely love playing ghost style. I spend a lot, and I mean a lot of hours on missions and absolutely won't stop until I get a 100% stealth (Splinter Cell) and/or Silent assassin (Hitman) rating. You remember that one mission, "Bathhouse" from Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. If you read the viewer comments on Youtube videos of playthroughs of that mission, gamers are just losing their sanity trying to get 100% on their ratings. I was, too. It was ridiculously hard. :pissed:

Ubisoft did say that they are going to make a new Splinter Cell game for the next gen consoles. I'm always checking up to see if there's any new news on it. :cool:

19. synrgy

synrgy Ya ya ya I am Lorde

I apparently blocked those memories, but now that you mention it, I recall much cursing and maybe even a controller throw or two. :lol:

Yeah, I looked it up again just before I posted the last message. Nothing official, yet; just some platitudes about how 'all the Clancy stuff' is on their radar.

20. Airhead

Airhead SS.org Regular

Clash of clans.png Clash of clans rules !!!