What am I doing wrong with Reaper / wall of sound III

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by youngthrasher9, Aug 6, 2017.

1. youngthrasher9

youngthrasher9 SS.org Regular

My setup goes engl e530>blackjack onyx>reaper/wall of sound.

I open reaper, load wall of sound, arm everything and get going. Half the time I can't get it to monitor the WoS tone, and then when I playback a recording it will have the WoS tone, even let me tweak the settings.
    The other times, I can't get it to record sound at all.

I realize I'm not working with very much processor power at all, but it's more than the required for both reaper and wall of sound.

I'm about 2 days away from just saying fuck it and buying an sm57, and giving up on silent recording altogether. I'm using Audio Technica ATH-m40x's. I've tried both the headphone out and monitor outs on the interface. I've tweaked pan settings, input settings and I just don't know what to try next.

2. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Blames it on "the rain"

I don't have reaper, but we run into this kind of thing in Logic often. We usually have to delete all the unused audio files of the project and save, restart. Then all the weird problems go away, so you might want to try that and see if it helps.

3. DudeManBrother

DudeManBrother Blames it on "the rain"

Copied over from another forum. This is apparently how it's done in reaper;

Pretty simple and quick. Make your cuts/edits, Right click/Glue. Then go to File/Clean Project Directory, you will get a list of all the files that are no longer in use and you can choose them and delete.

Just be sure that you do good basic file management, and create a new directory when you start your project. At least for me it is the easiest way to keep things tidy.

4. youngthrasher9

youngthrasher9 SS.org Regular

I mean I'll try it, but I have have 2-3 project files at the this point.

5. tedtan

tedtan SS.org Regular

I'd suggest Le Pou's Le Cab or Voxengo's Boogex plugin along with your favorite impulse, at least as a temporary fix.