Weird Electronic? Why not?

Discussion in 'Recording Studio' started by Guitarmiester, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Hey guys, just finished up a new track. This is my 1st release of 2018 so I made sure to keep it weird. I had the pleasure of beta testing a new preset pack for a sound engineer on another forum. Had a lot of fun writing this song to show off some of my favorite synth sounds from his pack.

I'm not really sure what genre this falls under but I'm sure the Interwebz will classify it somehow. The song is called "Reality". Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/officialstrangers/reality

As always, any comments, criticisms, likes, dislikes, etc. are totally appreciated!

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. Rizzo

Rizzo SS.org Regular

Liking it! What did you use?

3. schwiz

schwiz Lefty

Hot damn, I just love the 80's vibe this is giving off. I also really like the use of all those old samples.

What did you use for the rhythm synth that has the stereo effect?

No crits, this was just awesome.

4. Guitarmiester

Guitarmiester Awesome-O

Glad you're digging the song. I use Reason and the synth used happens to be a Reason native rack extension called Oberon.

Thanks for the kind words. The 80's vibe wasn't even intentional on this one. It just sort of happened and sounded cool in the process.

All synths used on this song were done with a Reason native rack extension called Oberon. The stereo bass sound is layered with three different bass sounds. 1 being the sub, 2 being what sounds like the stereo bass line and the 3rd being more of a mid/high mid range focused bass to help the bass stand out. The stereo sounding bass was some panning wizardry I messed with to give it that back and forth sound.

Bass was always a weak point for me so I've been doing my best to be a bit more creative and attention to detail on it.

Rizzo likes this.