Warmoth custom builds

Discussion in 'Luthiery, Modifications & Customizations' started by Workman2113, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Workman2113

Workman2113 SS.org Regular

Hey guys, I've always thought about building a custom from Warmoth. Does anyone have any experience with warmoth and what did you think of them? Pics if you've got them! :hbang:

2. Erockomania

Erockomania Studio Geek

3. Vostre Roy

Vostre Roy Disciple of Djod

4. Workman2113

Sweet guys, thanks. Bad ass threads. Thinking of doing the Volocity with a full scalloped roast maple neck/fingerboard(slapstick neck). Ever since I playedafenderyngwie model I've wanted a scalloped neck. Do you know if they can put guitars together, or is it strictly they provide the parts and you/a hired person puts it together? I'm pretty clumsy and I don't have the money to just mess something like that up and buy a new one. Haha

5. Chokey Chicken

Chokey Chicken mouth breather

I love mine, and in that first thread that Vostre Roy linked my friend apparently uploaded a picture of mine. Crappy picture of it, since it's dirty as ...., but it's in the 13th post in that thread. The black/blue explorer. By far my favorite guitar, even if I don't play it as much as I used to. The wood quality is top notch, as was all the routes/cuts/whatever. They're a bit pricey, but damn it all to hell if you don't get what you pay for.

6. ThtOthrPrsn

ThtOthrPrsn Unconventional

7. Workman2113

That explorer is pretty sick! Hoping to get a velocity built. With a reversed headstock slapstick neck, full scallop.

8. Watty

Watty Naturally Cynical

How'd the Hannes work? I thought I remembered asking them if they'd do that bridge in the past and they said no...I don't want to risk setting it myself, if that's what you did...

9. MoshJosh

MoshJosh SS.org Regular

I've been curious about putting together a warmoth strat together for a while figure I can spend about 700 on in stock body and neck (I'd be wanting pretty standard specs so no real need to spend the extra cash on made to order) how much should I expect to spend on hardware if I don't go to crazy (tuning machines, 3 single coils, vintage style trem maybe hipshot trem???).

sorry OP not tryin to jack your thread

10. ThtOthrPrsn

ThtOthrPrsn Unconventional

I didn't bother asking them, I simply had them do the pickup and control cavity routes and I had the bridge routing done locally. As for the performance, setting it up is a slight hassle, it takes a few minutes to get used to. But after you're accustomed to it, it's REALLY comfortable and has a great feel to it. I haven't tried a hipshot yet, so I can't compare.

11. Nile

Nile Giver of the Likes