War on consciousness, Imposition of standard tuning A=440hz

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RV350ALSCYTHE, Apr 21, 2012.

1. RV350ALSCYTHE

RV350ALSCYTHE SS.org Regular

I've been doing research on using a high A on an 8 string and came across this article.

MUSICAL CULT CONTROL: THE ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION?S WAR ON CONSCIOUSNESS THROUGH THE IMPOSITION OF A=44OHZ STANDARD TUNING ?

Interesting read regardless of you stance/opinion on this Illuminati/NWO shit permeating the internet. Presents a history of music being used to control the population.

Conspiracy Theorists offer an answer/explanation (however delusional they may be). Whereas the opposition (to the conspirator) becomes defensive and quickly changes the subject.

If this interests anyone I'd like to hear your opinion.

2. RV350ALSCYTHE

"In 1910, motivated by a grant provided by the Rockefeller Foundation for the American Federation of Musicians, the initial effort to institute A=440Hz standard tuning had limited success in America. In Europe, the initial effort had near zero impact. Additional promotions were needed to secure the music world’s acceptance of A=440Hz that was perceived as less pleasant, or dull when compared with other frequencies described below."

Why was 440hz really chosen if other frequencies had a more appealing sound

3. Guitarman700

Guitarman700 SS.org Regular

This is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever read.

Origin likes this.
  4. RV350ALSCYTHE

Yet this crap is everywhere on the internet

5. Guitarman700

Guitarman700 SS.org Regular

Because logic and critical thinking are becoming lost arts.

6. ry_z

ry_z Ikebana Noise Club

This again? :lol:

7. Varcolac

Varcolac Frets? What frets?

[​IMG]

It's the sort of pseudo-scientific half-strands of almost-logic that makes my brain hurt.

8. asher

asher So Did We

9. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

10. Demiurge

Demiurge Intrepid Jackass

I try to keep an open mind to discussions of tunings, temperments, and whatnot, but an argument that a standardization of pitches, etc. is some sort of evil plot is completely lost on me.

Music is supposed to be fun- a source of entertainment and expression- and consumers and creators can make their own experience out it. Trying to politicize what is essentially a utilitarian standardization (never without compromises, certainly) is probably more sinister agenda than trying to make it easier to musicians worldwide to trade instruments and play together.

11. Ninjahat

Ninjahat SS.org Regular

Oh hell yeah man, the Illuminati controlling my mind through tunings? Just a second, I need to get my foil hat....

12. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

You can tune your reference pitch to whatever you like, and that includes the frequencies of celestial bodies and phenomena, A4 doesn't even need to be used as a reference pitch all the time. You can use Middle C, you can use D3, you can use G5 a quarter sharp, you can use literally any pitch you choose as a reference pitch and your 1/1 changes accordingly but unless it inspires the creation of music rather than conspiracy theories it's a worthless venture.

13. Necris

Necris Bonitis.

I decided to analyze the differences between A440, 432 and 444 for fun, because I have nothing better to do.
    A 432:
    Dropping down 31 cents from A 440 gives you A=431.942 hz the closest to 432 or A 432.10, the so called earth frequency. The interval between these two reference pitches is an roughly an eighth tone (25 cents) plus 6 cents which is only a slightly larger interval than the smallest interval the untrained human ear can easily discern as being a different note, known as the Syntonic comma (21.51 cents).

If you were to play a melody tuned to A440 and then immediately afterward play the same melody tuned to A 432 the average listener would hear the same melody but badly out of tune.

A 444
    :
    Tuning up 16 Cents from A440 brings you to A = 444.085 Hz. The interval between A440 and A444 is a smaller interval than a syntonic comma (21.51 cents).
    As such, if you were to play a melody tuned to A440 and then immediately afterward play the same melody tuned to A 444 the average listener would hear the same melody almost exactly, the difference in tuning would only become apparent if the melodies in each reference pitch were played simultaneously allowing the beats caused by the differences in frequency to be heard.

However in both cases in a live music performance there is no alternative reference for the ear to compare the music being played with. If you went to a live music performance and were unaware that the musicians were tuned to a reference pitch of A432 or A444 beforehand it is almost a certainty you wouldn't ever be able to tell.

The idea that either of these pitches have some profound effect on the brain is likely due to the power of suggestion, someone says if you listen to music tuned to a reference pitch of 432hz or 444hz something will happen inside your brain, therefore you believe something will happen when you listen to it and when they finally play that music for you if anything seems even slightly out of the ordinary during your listening experience you take that as proof.
    The new agey claims that these tunings have some sort of effect on your spiritual being are completely unverifiable claims as there is no way to measure changes in the spiritual being (let alone even prove that the spirit itself exists) and should therefore be ignored.
    I've also heard claims that these have healing properties which is somehow even more batshit insane than most claims from believers in homeopathic/new age medicine and is where I draw the line. If someone decides to make music tuned to these reference pitches and markets it as "healing music" they are preying on the weak and the desperate and that is despicable.

14. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Quiet Chris, you are ruining the theory!

15. oompa

oompa Ze.. Contributor

It is readily apparent from a simple mathematical analysis that A=444Hz and A=432 Hz are harmonically related and both, reportedly, therapeutic. Prove the harmony yourself by simply subtracting 432 from 444. It yields 12; where 1+2=3 in Pythagorean math. Now take 528 and subtract 444 and you also get 12, or 3. Next, take 528 and subtract 432 to get 96; where 9+6=15; and 1+5=6. This result is identical to 5+2+8=15 or 6.

LOL :lol: well I'm 29, and 2+9=11, and 1x1=1 so I am #1 at guitar! DEAL WITH IT

16. Metal_Webb

Metal_Webb Needs more strings Contributor

Hmm, many people aye? Lets have a look at those references...

7)Horowitz LG. Walk on Water. Sandpoint, ID: Tetrahedron Press, 2005.
    22) Horowitz LG. LOVE528.com website and the online journal HYDROSONICS provides much information on the 528Hz frequency.

Lets have a quick look at the paper title.....

MUSICAL CULT CONTROL:
    THE ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION’S WAR ON CONSCIOUSNESS THROUGH THE IMPOSITION OF A=440HZ STANDARD TUNING

by
    Leonard G. Horowitz

Nothing like getting 3rd party, independent evidence to back up your claims. :rolleyes:

17. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

I'm going to start citing people from these forums for future papers I write

18. Dayn

Dayn silly person

Forty-four O'Hertz? I knew the Irish were planning something, I KNEW IT WUZ DEM

19. KingAenarion

KingAenarion Resident Studio Nerd

Don't Machine Head tune down 31cents?

20. Mr. Big Noodles

Mr. Big Noodles Theory God

Better for brain control. Duh.

[​IMG]