Wanting to find members for online tech death project

Discussion in 'Musician Classifieds' started by OrsusMetal, Jan 29, 2010.

1. OrsusMetal

OrsusMetal In brightest day...

I've had a project going for a few years now that isn't going anywhere really. I've been through tons of members. Finally found a all the members recently and it's just sitting. I've run out of places to look for people locally so I figured I'd see if I could turn it into an online project and send tabs.

I have a lot of material written so far. My influences are Obscura, Necrophagist, The Faceless and other tech death bands. I also incorporate a lot of symphonic parts. So I guess imagine a tech death band like I just listed but with keys like you might find with Dimmu Borgir or Symphony X or something. No breakdowns or anything. Lots of melodies and memorable sections. So if I were to sum it all up, it's a combination of tech death, melodic death, symphonic metal and a smidgen of black metal. Just a smidgen.

I play guitar. 7 strings in standard. I am a guitar teacher as well. I also do all of my writing in Guitar Pro. I have been writing all the music so far because this project has been my baby, but it would be neat to see some other peoples writing abilities. If no one wants to write, I can continue to do so.

Just a warning, it won't be easy music. When I write, I like to write to challenge myself. :)

Looking for:
    Guitarist
    Keyboardist
    Drummer
    Vocalist

Let me know if anyone is interested.

2. Chickenhawk

Chickenhawk A Bad Idea Contributor

Where at in Kansas? I've got an 18 year old nephew just north of Kansas City (missouri side) that is an AMAZING vocalist. He plays guitar too, but doubt he'll keep up with what you're wanting to play.

Vocals though, he is sick. Easily covers Necrophagist, Faceless, Suffocation, Cannibal Corpse, etc. Anything super heavy, including a lot of gutterals.

Don't know if he can actually SING though. What kind of vocals are you looking for?

EDIT: Re-read the title, its online. Shit, I do vocals too, and have better recording equipment than my nephew.

3. OrsusMetal

Is there anyplace I can hear your vocals? Also, I wouldn't mind hearing your nephew as well. If he is close I wouldn't mind working with someone in person. It's just so far everyone I have worked with in person has been extremely flaky and isn't willing to give a lot of effort. So that is mainly why I was looking to do this with people online. I could get more people interested and find the people that are willing to give more time to the project.

4. OrsusMetal

5. xiphoscesar

xiphoscesar SS.org Regular

dam dude that sounds nice,
    but i dont think ill be able to keep up with tech death riffs even though i love tech death metal

6. OrsusMetal

Thanks man. I'm really hoping I can find some people that are willing to do the project on here. I have had a really hard time finding people locally.

7. OrsusMetal

Bumpity bump!

8. TheMasterplan

TheMasterplan Creator//Destroyer

Depending on your timeframe I may be able to commit myself to do vocals. The reason I put it like that is because I use my PODxt Live to record with and I've been waiting on acquiring the extra coin to get it fixed but it will be soon. I can run the gamut as far as death vocals are concerned and as far as singing is concerned as long as it's in a fair/midrange I may be able to churn something out. I do play guitar and am an avid fan of technical death metal [Some of the first metal songs I learned were Spawn of Possession, Necrophagist, Psycroptic, etc.] but it's not how I naturally write and I wouldn't want to contribute anything that would feel forced. If this is at all interesting, please send a PM. I don't have any current samples, but I can whip something up if you need a point of reference.

9. OrsusMetal

PM sent!

10. chaosxcomplex

chaosxcomplex 01123581321

Do you have anything I could hear? I'd love the challenge...

11. OrsusMetal

I don't have any recordings right now as I haven't worked with people capable enough to pull it off yet. The only things I have are guitar pro files with all the music tabbed out.

I can transfer the guitar pro midi to a wav file though and PM it to those interested. I'm really protective of my writings :lol: and it's why I haven't uploaded anything yet.

PM me.

12. BrutalHaggis

BrutalHaggis Purveyor of Awesome

13. josh pelican

josh pelican Banned

I am certainly interested in this. I don't have any current gear for recording, but I have access to some.

I wouldn't mind hearing the MIDI tracks!

14. OrsusMetal

Sorry about the delay everyone. I'm been trying to get a wav file ready but my guitar pro is acting up and not letting me export the midi or wav. So I'm trying to get it all figured out. I will post up something here soon when I get everything worked out. Sorry for the delay guys. Keep checking back.

15. Warwickwh0r3

Warwickwh0r3 SS.org Regular

16. Malacoda

Malacoda Fogdiver

I can probably do extra guitars, let me know when you have GP or .wav files for us.

17. OrsusMetal

:bump:

There have been some lame delays for this, but I am wanting to get this started again. I replied to everyone. I am unable to get my gpro files to convert to wav to upload and I don't believe I can upload straight midi files anywhere. So what I am hoping is that the people that are interested can record or send me videos of them playing or vocalizing. Then I will send the actual guitar pro files after. Like I said, I'm just protective of my writings. :)

18. Spellcraft

Spellcraft SS.org Regular

If you are a guitar teacher why do you need a guitarist? Just curious.

19. OrsusMetal

There are 2 guitar parts. I'm playing the first part and I'm wanting another guitarist to play the other. The reason I'm wanting to find another guitarist to work with is so I can get a different tone than my own. Someone elses playing will have subtle differences in tone that will set it apart from mine just a tad. Also, it would be really nice to have someone else to work with in the future for writing. I don't mind writing everything, but I also like the idea of being able to work with someone else in the writing process. I don't get to very often.

20. OrsusMetal

bumpity!